14th May 2012, 08:49 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join NDA being a candidate born in the year of 1992?

Sir, I am 19 years old (born in 1992), I want to join the NDA. I want to ask I am eligible for the NDA or not.

14th May 2012, 11:57 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join NDA being a candidate born in the year of 1992?

Your year of birth is 1992 hence you have already crossed the maximum age limit of 19 years to apply for NDA and accordingly you are not eligible for NDA.

NDA stands for NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical Fitness.

If you are really interested for Defence service then you have to complete Graduation Degree in order to Apply for CDS(Combined Defence Service) conducted by UPSC twice every year for an entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical and mental health.

Foe more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th May 2012, 02:53 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join NDA being a candidate born in the year of 1992?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am 19 years old (born in 1992), I want to join the NDA. I want to ask I am eligible for the NDA or not.
Sorry to Say this you are not eligible to apply for this examination .

According to the NDA II notification , the candidate born not earlier than 2nd July , 1994 and not later than 1st January , 1997 are eligible to apply . So according to the NDA notification you are not eligible to apply for this examination . There is no chances for to apply for NDA Examination .

So , you can't apply for NDA exam but if you are completed graduate degree then you are eligible to apply for CDS examination . CDS examination is like NDA Examination . NDA exam is Intermediate(12th) level and CDS Examination is graduate level examination .

So , first complete graduate degree then apply for this examination . CDS examination is conducted for admission to Military , Naval , Air force , Officer Training Academy .

Military / Officer :- Passed graduate degree in any discipline .
Air force / Naval :- Passed graduate degree with Physics and Mathematics at 12th from a recognized University .

Age limits :-
------------------

~~IMA :- 19 - 24 years .
~~OTA :- 19 - 25 years.
~~Air force :- 19 - 23 years .
~~Naval :- 19 - 22 years .

More details , Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
14th May 2012, 03:14 PM
kinnarnara

hi,
NDA

NDA EXAM ELIGIBLITY

for more;
www.nda.nic.in
or,
www.upsc.gov.in
14th May 2012, 03:20 PM
tash1991

Hello Sir,,

Sorry Sir you are not eligible NDA Exam because the minimum age eligibility for NDA is

I mentioned below for you information.

Age for NDA Exam is 16.5 to years that means the candidate born not earlier than 2nd July , 1994 and not later than 1st January , 1997 are eligible to apply . So according to the NDA notification you are not eligible to apply for this examination . There is no chances for to apply for NDA Examination

thanking you sir,
14th May 2012, 03:32 PM
Bhargav.student

Yeah You can Apply for NDA . !!

Age Limit for NDA :
The candidates should be Unmarried Male between 16.5 and 19 years of age are eligible to apply for NDA .
After the entrance exam if you get selected , then you will be called for interview and physical and medical test where they will check the weight and height requirements and also health condition .
All the Best !!
14th May 2012, 06:46 PM
hitesh kumarsharma

Quote:
yes; if u have those subjects pcm in 12 so,u can...
14th May 2012, 07:43 PM
a444

yes, you are qualify for nda exam you should must be 16.5-19 yrs

see you must be qualify for this
A candidate must be an unmarried male and have attained the age of 16 1/2 years and must not have attained the age 19 years on the 1st January or 1st of July of the year succeeding the year of examination.

Educational Qualifications :

For Army wing of National Defence Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at the Naval Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equilvalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

all the best
14th May 2012, 10:18 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
I'm very sorry to say that you are not eligible for NDA
Your age is 20 years by now.
But the age limit for NDA is between 16.5 to 19 years.
So you are not eligible for NDA

For more details you can go through these details below :
15th May 2012, 11:59 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Iam really sorry friend you are not eligible for NDA exam because you are crossed the age limit.

NDA exam is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year

NDA has three wings:
Indian army,
Indian navy,
Indian airforce.

Eligiblity criteria:
Candidate should be complete 12th standard from a recognised state board.

Candidate must be physically fit.

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Age limits is 16.5 years to 19 years.

Only unmarried male candidates eligible for this exam.

Girls are not eligible for this exam.

Selection procedure:
Written test,
Interview,
Medical test.

For more details visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best
18th May 2012, 01:18 PM
romi_bal

Quote:
Iam really sorry friend you are not eligible for NDA exam because you are crossed the age limit.

NDA has three wings:
Indian army,
Indian navy,
Indian airforce.

Eligiblity criteria:
Candidate should be complete 12th standard from a recognised state board.

Candidate must be physically fit.

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Age limits is 16.5 years to 19 years.

Only unmarried male candidates eligible for this exam.

Girls are not eligible for this exam.

Selection procedure:
Written test,
Interview,
Medical test.

For more details visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th October 2012, 07:30 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

Sorry to say but you are not eligible for the NDA Exam which is going to be held in 2013 .

This is because only those candidates can appear in this exam whose age lies in between 16.5-19 years.

And as per your date of birth , your age is over 19 years .

So , there is no way left for you to join NDA , you can go for Combined Defence Services Examination.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
11th November 2012, 03:38 PM
Realstarsajjad

Sorry, you are not eligible to join in NDA.

Eligibility Required :

1. Candidate should be passed 12th class or equivalent exam.

2.The age limit between 16.5 years to 19 years.

3. Candidate must physically fit.

4. Only unmarried boys are eligible for this exam.

As, your age is over 19 years, so you are not eligible to join NDA.
15th November 2012, 11:31 AM
SHIV .

Candidate must be an unmarried male and have attained the age of 16 1/2 years and must not have attained the
age 19 years on the 1st January or 1st of July of the year succeeding the year of examination

NDA has three wings:
Indian army,Indian navy,Indian airforce.

Eligiblity criteria:Candidate should be complete 12th standard from a recognised state board.

Candidate must be physically fit.Candidate should be a citizen of india.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?