15th September 2016, 02:47 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for lateral entry admission in a college?

I have completed diploma with 53% marks, so can i take admission in lateral entry in college? I am SC quota student. Please, sir give me the solution..

15th September 2016, 03:46 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for lateral entry admission in a college?

The competitive examination for admission of candidates into second year of engineering is through Lateral Entry Entrance Test. LEET is conducted by State Technical University of each state.

Academic qualification required for LEET examination is diploma from a recognized institute approved by AICTE with at least 60% marks for general and OBC candidates and it is 5% relaxed for SC/ST candidates. It means for SC candidates, percentage of marks required in diploma for admission is 55%.

You have only 53% marks in diploma, you are not eligible for LEET exam.
15th September 2016, 04:22 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get lateral entry admission in B.Tech course in Engineering college after completion of your three years Diploma course with 53% aggregate marks from a Government recognised board.

Candidates who have passed three years Diploma in Engineering course with minimum 50% aggregate marks from a Government recognised board are eligible to get lateral entry admission in B.Tech course.

To get lateral entry admission in B.Tech course, you have to appear in Lateral Entry examinations like LEET, ECET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. If you qualify the entrance examination, you will be called for counselling and you will be allotted a seat in the college which you are eligible to get lateral entry admission for pursuing Engineering course.
15th September 2016, 05:06 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed diploma with 53% marks, so can i take admission in lateral entry in college? I am SC quota student. Please, sir give me the solution..
There is no such percentage criteria to be eligible for Lateral entry exam.

However, you must have passed in Diploma in all subjects to be eligible for LEET exam.

As you have secured 53%, so you can appear for lateral entry in college. Being a SC candidate, you will get reservation of seat.

You can refer following books for Lateral entry exam preparation in college.

Lateral Entry to Engineering Degree (B.E./B.Tech) Exam Guide (Paperback)
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House
Price: Rs. 172

LEET (Lateral Entry Engineering Test by V. Kapoor
Publisher: Gk Publishers
Price: Rs. 160

LEET Lateral Entry Entrance Test for Lateral Entry to Engineering Degree Programmes (2nd Year/3rd Semester) for Diploma Holders 6th Edition
Author: GKP
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd
Price: Rs. 511
15th September 2016, 05:39 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Lateral Entry Admission is done through Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria for LEET:

1. You must have done diploma from any AICTE recognized institute. If you are in final year of diploma then also you can apply for it.

2. You must have score minimum of 60% marks in diploma if you belong to general or OBC category and 55% marks if you belong to SC/ST category.

Your percentage of marks in diploma is 53%. You are not eligible for LEET exam.
15th September 2016, 07:26 PM
kachhadiyasharda

Yes. You are eligible for lateral entry admission to engineering. Admission will be made based on final merit which is prepared on the basis of score obtained in qualifying exam & entrance exam score.

Lateral Entry Entrance Dates
- Starting of Registration : January/February , 2017
- Last Date of Registration : March , 2017
- Lateral Entry Entrance : May , 2017
- Result Declaration : June , 2017
15th September 2016, 08:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Diploma candidates have two opportunities to join Bachelor of Technology course. The first examination is Lateral Entry Entrance Test and Joint Entrance Examination Main. Diploma candidates can apply for both of these exams. LEET stands for Lateral Entry Entrance Test is conducted by different state technical universities. You can apply for this exam only when you have 60% marks or more in diploma.

LEET is exam that will fetch you admission directly in second year of B.Tech. For JEE Main, also minimum of 60% marks is required. But you can not apply for JEE Advanced for IIT. Final choice is yours, either to go for JEE Main or LEET.
15th September 2016, 08:35 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Whether you are eligible to get admission in later entry into college or not depends upon the rank that you secure in the common Entrance Exam. Yes, you are required to appear in Lateral Engineering entrance test after completion of Diploma course. So your admission not only depends on the percentage of marks that you secured in Diploma but also on the rank you secure in the written examination. You are required to appear in Entrance Examination after diploma and secure good rank to get direct lateral admission into 2nd year of B.Tech/ B.E.
15th September 2016, 09:34 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

To get lateral entry admission in B.E/ B.Tech course, one should appear for Lateral Entry examinations like LEET. The exam is conducted by the respective state entrance examinations board. One who qualify in the entrance examination will be called for counselling process as per the candidate's examination rank and will be allotted a seat in the college for which you are eligible to get lateral entry admission for pursuing B.E/ B.Tech course.

Eligibility Required to apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET) students must have completed 3 years engineering diploma or equivalent form a recognized University.
16th September 2016, 12:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed diploma course with 53% marks, So you are not eligible Lateral Entry exam.

Eligibility criteria for lateral entry exam:-

(i)Candidate should have passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 50% marks.

(ii)Candidate should have passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 50% marks.

(iii)Candidate's age should be above 18 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?