10th January 2018, 12:00 PM
yojal

Am I eligible for MBA if my aggregate is 49.17% but final percentage is 51%?

I have scored 51% in final, but aggregate wise it is 49.17%. So am I eligible for MBA or not? Please, let me know if I am lucky enough.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get scholarship while pursuing B.Com final year with 80.82 percentage aggregate?
  2. Am I eligible to get scholarship while pursing B.Com final year and have an aggregate of 80.82 percentage?
  3. Am I eligible to study MBA if secured 50% in first 2 years of B.Com?
  4. Am I eligible to do MS in Germany after doing Mechanical Engineering? My aggregate percentage is 73%
  5. Do IIT and NIT ask for final year percentage above 60%? Is there a possibility to get such colleges?
  6. Am I eligible for Microsoft as per my academic records?
  7. What is the procedure to join MBA? I am studying B.E final year and have scored 60% aggregate in B.E
  8. Am I eligible for Postal Job being a candidate having completed MBA 3 years back with an aggregate of 64%?
  9. Question papers for assistant in RBI?
  10. Am I eligible to get scholarship while doing B.Com final year?
  11. Companies for which I am eligible after scoring 63% aggregate in final year?
  12. Can I appear for IIT entrance after scoring 56.8% marks in 12th exam?
  13. Opportunities after BTech with 56% Aggregate? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How can I get a good job after completing MBA with good marks? I've got 67% in 10th, 78% in 12th and 56% marks in B.Com undergraduate
  15. Am I eligible for MNC company?List of jobs I can apply for with an aggregate of 59.5% marks in B.Tech? I've secured 76.5% marks in 12th and 68% marks in 10th
  16. Aggregate percentage required to study MS in Abroad for Instrumentation Engineering final year student?
  17. Does it necessary to pass MCA course with 1st class to give GATE Exam?
  18. Whether 50% in graduation is sufficient for admission in MBA? Is it a barrier for getting job?
11th January 2018, 11:18 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for MBA if my aggregate is 49.17% but final percentage is 51%?

The full form of MBA is Master of Business Administration.

Eligibility criteria:

In case of Common Admission test, minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree is required. You can not apply for CAT for admissions in MBA.

You can apply for other entrance exam like MAT for admission in MBA courses with less than 50% marks in bachelor's degree.
11th January 2018, 01:49 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for MBA if my aggregate is 49.17% but final percentage is 51%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yojal View Post
I have scored 51% in final, but aggregate wise it is 49.17%. So am I eligible for MBA or not? Please, let me know if I am lucky enough.
If you belong to General category the minimum percentage that is required to be eligible for an entrance exam of MBA course is 50% marks in aggregate. If you belong to SC/ST/OBC category than the minimum percentage you need to have is 45% marks in aggregate.

If you are a General category you cannot apply for MBA course and if you belong to any of the reserved category that I have mentioned above then you can apply for MBA entrance examination like CAT, MAT, XAT, etc. Based on the entrance examination percentile (CAT/MAT/XAT) you will be getting colleges for pursuing MBA course.
11th January 2018, 02:30 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

MBA (Masters of Business Administration) is a post graduation level degree. The duration of the course is 2 years.

The basic eligibility required for studying MBA is to complete graduation levels degree / 10+2+3/ 10+2+4/ or its equivalent education in any related stream with at least 50% from any recognised university.
There is 5% relaxation for Backward castes.

If you belong to backward caste then you can get admission in MBA. If you don’t belong backward caste then you can get admission in small universities but not in top universities.
11th January 2018, 03:56 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in entrance examination such as XAT and MAT.

The required qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

There is no age limit to appear in examination.

So, you can appear in examination and after qualifying in it will become eligible for admission in MBA course in reputed and recognised institutes.
11th January 2018, 06:40 PM
NeptuneSpear

Yes, you are eligible for MBA as minimum qualification to pursue MBA or any master degree course is to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline or in the same. To pursue MBA you have to appear in CAT (Common Admission Test) which is an online test taken by aspirants for seeking admission into IIMs, FMS, MDI etc.

CAT will be a test of three things i.e Mathematics/Quantitative Aptitude, English, General Intelligence and Reasoning.

- Based on your percentile you will get calls from different colleges to appear in group discussion (GD) followed by personality test.
11th January 2018, 07:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

MBA refers to Master of Bachelor of Administration and same is a master degree course with very higher career scope in management field.

As far as you concerned about the marks required in graduation for pursuing MBA then it is 50% marks overall ( i.e; considering marks in all three or four years of your degree course ) in graduation degree from a recognized university.

So having secured 49.17% marks overall in your bachelor degree you are not eligible for pursuing MBA degree course even if you have managed 51% marks in your final degree course as eligibility is based on the overall marks. Further there is provision of marks relaxation of 5% for reserved category candidates and so if you belong to reserved category then you can pursue MBA degree course.
11th January 2018, 09:20 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

For admission in MBA ( Master of Business Administration ) course candidates have to appear and qualify in entrance examination such as CAT, MAT, SAT, XAT etc.

The common eligibility to appear in all the above mentioned examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

In some of the examination the required minimum aggregate is 50%. So, you are eligible to appear in XAT and MAT.

So, if you want to get admission in a better institute you have to appear and qualify in examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?