17th October 2011, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for MCA course being a candidate having secured 57.8% in Intermediate and 58.7% in BCA?

i m a student. i have passed intermediate with commerce(57.8%) and also done BCA(58.7) form annamalai university.
Am i eligible for mca.

Related Questions:
  1. For which Companies am I eligible being a candidate having secured 50% in BCA and 65% in MCA?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for Infosys Off-Campus Drive if secured 78% in 10th, 59.10% in Intermediate, 59.94% in BCA and 76% in MCA?
  3. Am I eligible to get admission for MCA in good colleges being a candidate of pursuing BCA through Distance Education?
  4. Eligibility to work in TCS for a candidate with 78% in 10th, 68% in 12th, 58% in BCA and 80% in MCA? -- [New]
  5. Am I eligible for NIT MCA after passing with 55% in intermediate and 60% in BCA?
  6. Eligibility for BCA and MCA without having maths as subject in 12th level?
  7. Am I eligible to get job in TCS if secured 59.94% in graduation?
  8. Am I eligible to join MCA course being a candidate pursuing BCA course and din not have Mathematics in 10+2?
  9. Am I eligible to join Wipro if secured 70% in 10th, 61% in 12th, 59% in BCA and 65% in MCA? What kind of posts are available?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for MCA course without doing graduation?
  11. Am I eligible to do BCA being a Diploma holder?
  12. Job opportunities in IT Sector for a candidate who has secured 61% in BCA and 55% in MCA of IGNOU?
  13. How can I get job in IBM being a MCA student and having secured 75% in BCA?
  14. Am I eligible to do M.Tech in any top colleges of India being a candidate having secured 65.2% in 10th, 54.8% in 10+2, 76% in BCA and pursuing MCA?
  15. Can i study BCA after taking Arts in my Intermediate?
  16. Eligibility to get scholarship for a candidate who has secured 95% in Intermediate?
  17. How much percentage I have to score in BCA to get admission in a good governemnt MCA college?
  18. Am I eligible for JNU MCA Entrance Exam having completed 46% in 10th class, 61% in Intermediate and 60% in BCA? -- [Most Discussed]
17th October 2011, 01:19 PM
luckysingh43

Default Re: Am I eligible for MCA course being a candidate having secured 57.8% in Intermediate and 58.7% in BCA?

Yes You Are Eligible For MCA Course .It depends on From Which College/Institue u want to do so.But You can take admission in IGNOU(Indira Gandhi National Open University).
17th October 2011, 01:25 PM
amuyoga

Default Re: Am I eligible for MCA course being a candidate having secured 57.8% in Intermediate and 58.7% in BCA?

yes.you can appear for MCA entrance test in anna university...

Anna university is conducting TANCET exam every year for the admission of student to MCA course...

first you try to appear for the exam to get good score in that...

all the best
17th October 2011, 02:01 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal, MCA is a three year master course in computer application . Vice academic background with which one is eligible to write the entrance exam for its admission is a bachelor degree from any discipline and if must have chosen mathematics in your 12th standard. There is no provision for a non mathematics student to write the exam. One is eligible to do BCA without maths also but it is not the case with MCA.
Entrance exam is conducted by both the state as well as central government for admission of the skilled graduates
17th October 2011, 02:46 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m a student. i have passed intermediate with commerce(57.8%) and also done BCA(58.7) form annamalai university.
Am i eligible for mca.
Dear Friend,
If you have mathematics in 10+2 level as one of your subjects or have studied mathematics in Graduation then you are quite eligible for the MCA.

There are various entrance examinations are conducted for admission in the MCA course.Every state conducts its own entrance test like the JECA.So to take admission in the MCA course you have to appear in the entrance examination and according to your you will get admission in the course.

Best Wishes....
17th October 2011, 04:27 PM
Rajeev Kumar Koundal

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for MCA course being a candidate having secured 57.8% in Intermediate and 58.7% in BCA?

For most of the colleges you are elligible, but in few colleges you are not elligible.
*there are many Colleges whoose criteria for MCA is 55% in Graduation.
* and if u are belonging to SC, ST categories then it is 50% in Graduation.
17th October 2011, 07:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am i eligible for mca.

Dear friend,

Eligibility Criteria for MCA (Master of Computer Applications):-

> Passed with minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in any Bachelors degree of minimum three years duration in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities .

> Having studied Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level or higher level examination

So you are eligible for MCA course.

The MCA college in India:-

1.Dr.D.Y.Patil Institute of Management & Research

2.Jayawant Institute of Computer Applications

3.Institute of Management & Career Courses (IMCC)

4. Institute of Management & Career Development

5.Padmashree Dr. D.Y. Patil Institute of Master Of Computer Application

6.Shri Chanakya Education Society's Indira Institute of Management

7.Siddhant Institute of Computer Application

8.Sinhgad Institute of Business Administration & Computer Application

All the best
17th October 2011, 07:40 PM
goutambiswas87

hi,
Yes,you are eligible for MCA.But It was better if you scored avobe 60% in BCA.
Dnt worry,you can easily eligible for MCA.

All the best...
7th January 2012, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

I have 48 % mark in bsc ,is this posible to join mca
25th April 2012, 12:16 PM
nadankanan

If you have mathematics in 10+2 level as one of your subjects or have studied mathematics in Graduation then you are quite eligible for the MCA.
There are various entrance examinations are conducted for admission in the MCA course.Every state conducts its own entrance test like the JECA.So to take admission in the MCA course you have to appear in the entrance examination and according to your you will get admission in the course.
Eligibility Criteria for MCA (Master of Computer Applications):-
> Passed with minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in any Bachelors degree of minimum three years duration in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities
> Having studied Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level or higher level examination
So you are eligible for MCA course.
The MCA college in India:-
1.Dr.D.Y.Patil Institute of Management & Research
2.Jayawant Institute of Computer Applications
3.Institute of Management & Career Courses (IMCC)
4. Institute of Management & Career Development
5.Padmashree Dr. D.Y. Patil Institute of Master Of Computer Application
6.Shri Chanakya Education Society's Indira Institute of Management
7.Siddhant Institute of Computer Application
8.Sinhgad Institute of Business Administration & Computer Application
22nd January 2014, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

i have 61% marks in BCA but 47% marks in intermediate .am i eligible for mca entrance of pune university or any university which is in under top 20.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?