25th October 2016, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to pursue IAS after completing BA(History) from distance mode?

Respected Sir, I have completed BA (History) distance mode from Tamil University Tanjore. My education pattern is 10+3(diploma)+3(BA degree).
I want to know that am I eligible to pursue IAS?

26th October 2016, 07:15 PM
princekainth2

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue IAS after completing BA(History) from distance mode?

YEs,you are eligible for IAS exam as eligibility is that the applicant must complete the bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university and there is no minimum percentage of mark for IAS exam and the final year students also eligible for this examination.

Age limit: 21 to 30 years
26th October 2016, 08:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue IAS after completing BA(History) from distance mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed BA (History) distance mode from Tamil University Tanjore. My education pattern is 10+3(diploma)+3(BA degree).
I want to know that am I eligible to pursue IAS?
You have completed B.A in History in Distance Mode from Tamil University. So you are eligible for IAS exam if your university is recognized by UGC.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should in between 21 to 32 years.
26th October 2016, 09:06 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible to appear in IAS examination if you have completed your graduation through distance mode because to appear in civil services a candidate must have done graduation from a recognised University whether from a regular or distance mode. You must have scored at least 50% marks in your graduation.
26th October 2016, 09:53 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The basic eligibility criteria to become IAS is graduation in any stream from recognised university. You must have scored atleast 50% in your graduation. Relaxation of 5 % is given to the candidates of SC and ST. As you have done your BA in Hindi hence you are eligible to appear in this exam also.
Age should be in between 21 to 30 years and relaxation is provided to the candidates of reserved categories.
26th October 2016, 10:28 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You have done bachelor's degree in arts from Tamil University in distance mode. If this university is approved by University Grants Commission and Distance Education council then you degree is valid for Civil Services examination.

*Academic qualification for this examination is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this examination.

*Minimum age limit for exam is 21 years and upper age limit is 32 years. Three years age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?