22nd March 2017, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to pursue M.Tech after completing B.Sc in Maths? Which entrance exam do I need to write?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing my Graduation with B.Sc in Maths and after completing it I want to pursue Post Graduation with M.Tech so I want to know am I eligible to pursue M.Tech after completing B.Sc in Maths? Which entrance exam do I need to write? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Should I do directly do M.Tech after completing B.Sc? Which entrance exams I need to write?
  2. Can I get admission in Canada for pursuing M.Sc Maths after completing M.Sc Maths and B.Ed from India? Do I need to write any entrance exam?
  3. Am I eligible to pursue Civil Engineering after completing B.Sc (PCM)? Do I have to write any entrance exam?
  4. Am I eligible to pursue B.Ed after completing BA scoring 43% marks? Do I need to write any entrance exam for admission? -- [New]
  5. Am I eligible to pursue MA in English Literature after completing B.E? Do I need to write any entrance exam for admission?
  6. Any entrance exam for BSc maths and BSc Statistics? Eligibility criteria for BSc Maths and BSc Statistics? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How can I pursue M.Com after completing B.Com B.L.? Do I need to write any entrance exam for admission?
  8. Can I pursue B.Ed course after completing BCA? Do I need to write any entrance exam for admission?
  9. How can I pursue B.Com after 2 years of completing H.Sc? Do I need to write any entrance exam?
  10. Can I pursue LLB from IGNOU after completing BA course from MU? Do I have to write any entrance exam?
  11. Can I pursue Cinematography from USA after completing class 10th? How can I apply for the course and Do I have to write any entrance exam?
  12. How can I pursue MBBS after completing B.Sc Nursing? Which entrance exam do I have to write and which college will I get?
  13. How much should I score in MA to pursue B.Ed course? Do I have to write any entrance exam for admission in B.Ed?
  14. Can I pursue B.Sc Agriculture course after completing class 10th? Which entrance exam do I have to write?
  15. Am I eligible to pursue B.Ed after completing B.Com? Which College is best for pursuing B.Ed course?
  16. Which courses are available that I can pursue after completing B.Tech? Do I need to write any entrance exam?
  17. Am I eligible to get a Lateral entry in B.Tech after completing Diploma course? Do I need to write any entrance exam for the same?
  18. Can I pursue MA in Political Science after completing B.Sc? Do I need to write any entrance exam for admission?
28th March 2017, 09:13 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue M.Tech after completing B.Sc in Maths? Which entrance exam do I need to write?

M.Tech stands for Master of Technology. Entrance examination for admission in this course is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Eligibility criteria for GATE exam is:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in technology or engineering from a recognized university or technical institute. Those who have done master's degree in science or computer applications etc can also apply.

After Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, you are not eligible for GATE exam. After B.Sc, you can do M.Sc to apply for GATE for M.Tech course.
30th March 2017, 10:45 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue M.Tech after completing B.Sc in Maths? Which entrance exam do I need to write?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am pursuing my Graduation with B.Sc in Maths and after completing it I want to pursue Post Graduation with M.Tech so I want to know am I eligible to pursue M.Tech after completing B.Sc in Maths? Which entrance exam do I need to write? Please answer as soon as possible.
No, B.Sc degree holder candidates are not eligible for M.Tech course.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then you are eligible for GATE exam.

So first complete your M.Sc degree in Mathematics, then you can apply for GATE entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?