13th August 2018, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for pursuing B.Sc in Mathematics (Hons) having completed 12th from NIOS board?

I'm studying from NIOS board and have taken subjects like Mathematics, Home Science, Computer Science, Political Science, Computer Science and wants to do B.Sc in Mathematics (hons). Am I eligible?

14th August 2018, 05:00 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for pursuing B.Sc in Mathematics (Hons) having completed 12th from NIOS board?

You are not eligible to get admission in B.Sc Mathematics honors course.

The required qualification to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to apply for the admission in B.Sc Mathematics honors course with your educational qualification.
14th August 2018, 05:55 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for pursuing B.Sc in Mathematics (Hons) having completed 12th from NIOS board?

The eligibility to get admission in B.Sc Mathematics honors course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper.

Since you do not have the required qualification to get admission in the course. So, you are not eligible for admission in the course.
15th August 2018, 08:37 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling.

This is a 100% central government recognized board and its marksheet and certificate are valid for all bachelor's degree course.

You can apply for B.Sc in Mathematics after pursuing 12th from NIOS board.
15th August 2018, 09:00 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to get admission in B.Sc Mathematics honors course is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have 12th in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination to get admission in the B.Sc Mathematics honors course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?