20th January 2012, 01:23 AM
POULAMI31

Am I eligible to sit for GATE exam after doing B.Tech in Power Engineering?

hello i m doing my B.TECH in Power Engineering from NPTI....am i eligible to sit for GATE exam as i want to do M.TECH in Power Engineering???N wht syllabus should i follow to score good in gate for this branch???

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for GATE after passing B.Tech with IT?
  2. Are power engineers eligible for IOCL (indian oil) exam?
  3. Colleges providing M.tech. in Power Engineering? Admission without GATE exam possible in Deemed universities?
  4. Am I eligible to write GATE and IES after completion of my B.Tech course with power engineering stream from NPTI, Durgapur? List of the public sector companies which recruiting power engineering students?
  5. Which branch is better for GATE, either EC branch or EI branch? I'm a student in NIT(Rourkela) in 3rd year with 9.46 CG
  6. Am I eligible to sit for PSU as per my GATE score?
  7. Procedure to get admission for M.Tech course in BHU? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Am I eligible to sit for government jobs like PSU, GATE?
  9. Which is the best branch in M.Tech for Electrical Students?
  10. Can I do mechanical or electronics after passing power engineering from NPTI?
  11. GATE eligibility after B.Sc (IT) through Distance Learning Programme from Kuvempu University
  12. Can a student who have not cleared previous semester papers, sit in GATE exam? List of books considered good for preparation of GATE?
  13. List of the M.Tech colleges for electrical/power system/power electronics engineering without GATE
  14. JNTU B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering-Power Systems-I Exam - Download Previous Year's Question Paper
  15. Am I eligible to appear in GATE twice if completed B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 2 years ago? -- [New]
  16. Am I eligible to appear in GATE being a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student? How can I find out the percentage of GATE scorecard?
  17. Can I sit for CSAT exam in India or for Engineering Service Exam?
  18. Am I eligible to sit for IES exam in my 4th year of engineering?
20th January 2012, 03:13 AM
nishant242424

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit for GATE exam after doing B.Tech in Power Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by POULAMI31 View Post
hello i m doing my B.TECH in Power Engineering from NPTI....am i eligible to sit for GATE exam as i want to do M.TECH in Power Engineering???N wht syllabus should i follow to score good in gate for this branch???
yes dear you are eligible for gate .for syllabus visit http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/syllabi.php all the best
20th January 2012, 06:25 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit for GATE exam after doing B.Tech in Power Engineering?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This Exam is being conducted by Indian Institute of Science and 7 IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) jointly.

Candidates will be given admission for M.Tech course in various colleges depending upoon the score that a candidate will secure in GATE Exam.

Here is the eligibility criteria for GATE Exam.

-One should have completed Graduation in Engineering from any of the recognized university.

-There is no specific age limit required for the candidates to take up this exam. One can opt for this exam if he meet the required academic qualification.

GATE score is valid for a period of 2 years in the sense if you have appeared for GATE Exam in 2 consecutive years, you can use any of the GATE score cared whichever is better in order to get admission for M.Tech course.

Even the candidates who are pursuing final year of Engineering course are also eligible to appear for this Exam.

So. have good preparation well in advance to this Exam and crack it. 80% of questions in GATE Exam will be from the subjects which you have gone through in your B.Tech course.

So, I suggest you to don't neglect your academics. Prepare your subjects from the academics point as well as from GATE point too. Give good importance to GATE Questions and Answers Books.

For complete information on this GATE Exam, you can visit
http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/
20th January 2012, 06:39 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes , you are applicable for GATE exam.Because you have completed your B-TECH degree.

THE ELIGIBILITY FOR GATE EXAM:-

(a) Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology or its equivalent.

(b) Bachelor’s degree holders in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Electronics/ followed by qualifications obtained through an examination conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.

(c) Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture/Design (for M Des program only)

(d) Master’s degree holders in Physics with Electronics/Instrumentation (for M Tech programs).

NOTE:-

>>There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply here maximum time.

>>There are no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

>>GATE score is valid for TWO years.

>>3rd year student are NOT eligible for This year GATE exam.

>>Only final year and pass out batch are eligible for 2012 GATE exam.

GATE IMPORTANT DATES

PATTERN OF GATE EXAM

For more details you can visit to http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/
20th January 2012, 10:09 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can do M.tech in power engineering thriough GATE.

But only prefinal or final or fully graduated students in engineering can apply for GATE. and you have not mentioned your academic year.

So if you fulfill the criteria, you can apply.

There is no age limit and also there is no restrictions in the no. of attempts.

The GATE score card will be valid for two years.

So you have to have a very good knowlegde of your engineering subjects.

and also take admission in a good coaching center and prepare with previous years question papers.

All the best.
20th January 2012, 11:06 AM
s_sivaranjani

Smile Re: Am I eligible to sit for GATE exam after doing B.Tech in Power Engineering?

yes, u are eligible candidate..Any engineering graduation from recognized

university is valid..

your gate score is valid for 2years..

also exam is of 100marks...special stipends are also available for good score..

especially for B.tech students minimum of 75% score in gate are eligible for

asst professor job in engineering college..u can also study in some reputed

colleges..also u can go for abroad study .....

so don't miss this opportunity
20th January 2012, 12:42 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
yes, my friend you can apply for GATE exam.

GATE exam is an entrance exam for M.tech course, which is conducted by IIT's and IISC jointly..

Eligibility for GATE exam:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in fields like- BE/B.tech/B.Arch
Or,
Candidate has to complete the post graduation in fields like- MBA/MCA/M.Sc..

2.Final year candidate can also apply for GATE exam.

3.No number of attempts restriction and no age limit is mentioned.

So, after completion of B.tech in power engineering you can apply for GATE exam.

All the ebst.
20th January 2012, 02:46 PM
ramkapr

yes you will can appear GATE...
A candidate can apply for only ONE of the 21 papers listed in the table given below:
The candidate is expected to appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline of his/her qualifying degree. The candidate is, however, free to choose any paper according to his/her admission plan, keeping in mind the eligibility criteria of the institutions in which he/she wishes to seek admission.
Requests for change of GATE Examination paper after the submission of Application Form will not be considered.
PAPERS- AE,AG,AR,BT,IN,EE,EC,CS/IT,ME,CE,CH,MA,MT,MN,PH,PI,CY,GG,TF,XE,XL
20th January 2012, 03:36 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
GATE is a aptitude test for the engineers qualifying which one is eligible to apply for masters in engineering and for jobs in public sector units .
The eligibility required for appearing in the exam are the aspirant should have completed
20th January 2012, 04:06 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
GATE is a aptitude test for engineers qualifying which one is eligible for doing masters in engineering and jobs in public sector units .

The eligibility required for appearing in the exam are
1. The aspirant should have completed bachelor degree in engineering. those aspirant in final year are also eligible.
The advantages of gate exam is that there is
no age limit and there is no restriction on the number of attempts made by the aspirant . The gate score is valid for two years.
Your discipline in engineering do not matters for appearing in the exam. The syllabus for the exam includes those related to your discipline. Further gate exam is held only once in a year mostly in the month of january.
20th January 2012, 04:09 PM
Sharma sujeet

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This Exam is being conducted by Indian Institute of Science and 7 IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) jointly.

Candidates will be given admission for M.Tech course in various colleges depending upoon the score that a candidate will secure in GATE Exam.

Here is the eligibility criteria for GATE Exam.

-One should have completed Graduation in Engineering from any of the recognized university.

-There is no specific age limit required for the candidates to take up this exam. One can opt for this exam if he meet the required academic qualification.

GATE score is valid for a period of 2 years
20th January 2012, 05:58 PM
lkovishal

Hello,

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE:

Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

Thanks
20th January 2012, 06:48 PM
Mechanical Rai

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to sit for GATE exam after doing B.Tech in Power Engineering?

Quote:
YES YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR GATE[Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering]

THE MAIN CRITERIA IS YOUR B.TECH DEGREE. and you have this degree.
for more details refer iit website like:
http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?