7th September 2011, 02:26 AM
md faiz

Am I eligible to sit for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate of pursuing 4th year?

respected sir,
i am a student of IT (engineering) studying in 4th year.i want to appear in ias or ies ecaminations.i know that i am eligible to sit in these examination but dont know the complete in and out of this procedure.what and which subject to change and others procedures.

i'll be very thankful to u if u can guide me to the complete informations

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to sit for IES exam in my 4th year of engineering?
  2. Am i eligible for IES exam after pursuing 4th year B.Tech Instrumentation engineering? What is the syllabus for IES?
  3. Guidance to prepare for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in Civil Engineering? Previous 10 year Question Papers for these Exams?
  4. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 4th year of B.Tech course?
  5. Can I eligible to get jon in Infosys having secured 76.99% in 10th, 68.44% in 12th and pursuing 4th year B.Tech?
  6. How to become an IES officer in 2016? Does IES has the same value as IAS? -- [New]
  7. Can I appear for IES and PSU Exams being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Engineering?
  8. Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in CSE? What kind of work a IES Officer should do?
  9. Am I eligible to appear for JAM Exam being a candidate pursuing 4th year of EEE?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course? What will be the salary offered for an IES Officer?
  11. Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam being an IT student?
  12. Am I eligible to appear for UPSC exam while pursuing a career in Civil service?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for the position of CBI Officer being a candidate pursuing 4th year of B.Tech in Electrical stream?
  14. Am i eligible to sit in IAS or IPS exams? I'm 21 years old B.A final year student with subjects economics, and English literature.
  15. Will I be eligible to sit for IES Exam after completing MCA?
  16. Am I eligible for IAS if haven't studied 12th?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of BE course?
  18. IES exam for a CSE student? -- [Most Discussed]
7th September 2011, 11:54 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate of pursuing 4th year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by md faiz View Post
respected sir,i am a student of IT (engineering) studying in 4th year.i want to appear in ias or ies ecaminations.i know that i am eligible to sit in these examination but dont know the complete in and out of this procedure.what and which subject to change and others procedures. i'll be very thankful to u if u can guide me to the complete informations
Information Regarding IAS & IES Examination.

Sorry, You are not eligible for the IES examination but you are eligible to apply for the IAS examination. Both examination is conducted by the UPSC in every year. The Information Technology and Computer Science branch are not eligible to apply for the IES examination.

Eligible Branch For IES Examination :-
->Electrical Engineering.
->Electronics & Communication Engineering.
->Civil Engineering.
->Mechanical Engineering.

But you are eligible for the IAS examination because to appear in the IAS examination the minimum eligibility criteria is given below :

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize University. The final year graduation student are also eligible to apply for the IAS examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

As per your question if you are a final year B.Tech student with IT branch then you are eligible for the IAS examination but you are not eligible for the IES examination.

For any more information regarding IAS and IES examination please visit the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
8th September 2011, 12:23 AM
jitendra.kumar12

Post Re: Am I eligible to sit for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate of pursuing 4th year?

Quote:
respected sir,
i am a student of IT (engineering) studying in 4th year.i want to appear in ias or ies ecaminations.i know that i am eligible to sit in these examination but dont know the complete in and out of this procedure.what and which subject to change and others procedures.

Student of final year appearing are eligible to sit in the IAS or IES exams. There is long procedure of selection procedure each selected candidate must go through that.
8th September 2011, 12:24 AM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate of pursuing 4th year?

dear,
Can u tell me all those exams that i can appear this time while i am studying my 4th year btech.
my group is eee.
can u send me the exam dates and the eligibility criteria.
i am even interested in appearing for ias exams and any of the technical exams.

Read: For which exams i'm eligible while pursuing B.Tech 4th year with EEE branch? Provide the details of the exams listed? Tell me about my eligibility for IAS entrance too? 2011 http://educationcareer.in/exams-im-eligible-while-pursuing-b-tech-4th-year-eee-branch-provide-details-exams-listed-tell-me-about-my-eligibility-ias-entrance-too-14621.html#ixzz1XKadOcQ2
please search this side www.educationcareer.in
8th September 2011, 01:41 AM
pitabash

You are not eligible for IES because for this you should have passed the graduation. But for IAS , you can apply because for this, final year students can apply, but you have to provide your graduation certificate at the time of interview.
8th September 2011, 03:57 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

soory to say but after being the student of the information technology branch you will not be eligible for the ies exam.
for the ies exam students from the branches like civil , electrical , mechanical , electronics and communication are allowed .

you can attempt for the ias exam if you are the student who have completed graduation from the recognized indian university and your age must be between 21 to 30 years to attempt the ias exam.

general and obc candidates are allowed 4 and 7 attempts respectively.
while there is no restriction on the limit of attempts for sc/st category candidates.

for more information of the upsc services kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks and best luck
8th September 2011, 05:14 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to sit for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate of pursuing 4th year?

Quote:
respected sir,

Eligibility for IAS

According to the minimum criteria laid by the UPSC for the Civil Service Exam :-

1)A student must have completed his graduation from any recognized college of India and should hold the degree..

2)The candidate should be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general category..less than 33 years for OBC and less than 35 years for SC/ST..

you have a maximum of 4 attempts so make the best out of it..

There are 2 rounds..

1)Prelims :- It will be based on general knowledge,current affairs and aptitude test..this round will have 2 papers..

2)Mains :- When you clear the prelims, you will be eligible to appear for the Mains..this paper is based on your subjects of graduation..

all the very best and do study hard..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
8th September 2011, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

maximum age limit for IAS/IPS/UPSC EXAM?
8th September 2011, 02:33 PM
tanmayeetripathy

Of course you are eligible for both the exams.here is the eligibility criteria for ias and ies exams respectively…

1.ies exam:-

educational qualifications :

Degree in :
• electrical engineering
• electronics & communications engineering
• civil engineering
• mechanical engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

• m.sc. Degree or equivalent with wireless communication, electronics, radio physics or radio engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.

• students of final year engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

Age limits :

Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on the year of conduct of examination ( upper age limit relaxable for scs/sts,obcs and certain others )

2. Ias exam:-

eligibility criteria involves certain things as mentioned below:

1. Educational qualification:

• must be a graduate from a recognised university.
• candidates having professional and technical qulification are also eligible.

2. Nationality:

• the candidate must be a citzen of india.

3. Age limits:

• candidate must attain the age of 21 years and must not attained the age of 30 years on the year in which the examination is being held.

• relaxtation of age limit in case of sc/st and other backward categories.

Good luck..
15th October 2011, 07:27 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Dear, sir , you are eligible for only IES (INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE) exam not for IAS (INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE) .

Both of the exams are conducted by UPSC(UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION) evey years.
the age limit for both the exams are 21-30.
there are 5 & 3 years of age relaxation are applicable for SC\ST & OBC candidates respectively.

for both exam you must have to possess graduation from a recognized college.

IES exam is only those candidates who have graduation degree in engineering,last year students can also apply, that's why you are eligible for this exam.

for this exam you must have to possess engineering in any one of these streams that I have mentioned here....
1.civil
2.mechanical
3.electronics
4.electrical & communication engineering.

thank you!!
~gamble~
7th November 2011, 10:56 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Eligibility for the IES, IAS :

1. You should be an Indian national
2. You should be a graduate in any discipline or final year appearing student to sit for the IAS, and for IES, only engineering graduates can apply.

3. Age limit - 21-30 years for General
21-33 years for OBC
21-35 years for SC/ST.

Since you are in 4th year final year appearing student, you can surely apply for both the exams.

All the best.
25th November 2011, 10:13 AM
gamble007
Senior Member++

I am very sorry to say that, you are not eligible for the examination IES [INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES] , but you are eligible for the IAS [INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE] exam.
Both examinations are conducted by UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION [UPSC ].
For being eligible for the IES examination, you must have engineering degree in any one from theses streams that I have mentioned here...
1. CIVIL ENGINEERING
2. MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
3. ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
4. ELECTRICAL & COMMUNICATION..

The computer science students are not eligible for the IES examination.
But you are eligible for the IAS examination, as its minimum educational requirement for appear in this examination is a graduation degree in any stream.

The age limit for both exams is 21-30 years ,there are 5 & 3 years of age relaxations are applicable for the SCST & OBC candidates....

No of attempts for both exams -
Four for the general candidates,
Seven for the OBC CANDIDATES
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates...
27th December 2011, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Is there negative marking in CSAT-2012(civil services aptitude test)conducted by upsc?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?