1st August 2011, 02:55 AM
Arunkyadava

Can I appear for IES and PSU Exams being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Engineering?

Can i appear for the ies,ias and psu exam when i am in 3rd year of my engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. Exams after B.E. in mechanical engineering? Can I appear for IES?
  2. Am I eligible for IES and PSU if I am in last year in Automobile Engineering? For which sectors can I appear? Procedure for appearing for these exams?
  3. Is it a good choice for me to join Coaching for PSU or IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech course?
  4. How to get a job in PSU sector? I am pursuing engineering
  5. Is it right time for me to prepare for IES Exam being a student pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  6. Am I eligible for PSU exam and IES exam after scoring 56.4% in 10th and 62.8% in class 12th
  7. Complete details about exams like IES and PSU? Are these both exams different from each other? When can I give the exams?
  8. Can we appear for PSU and IES exams in B.Tech 3rd year?
  9. How to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering? Will there be any Coaching centers for this Exam in Chandigarh?
  10. Which books should I refer for PSU exam while in Electrical 3rd year? Should I go for M.Tech or PSU?
  11. Institutions offering correspondence courses for PSU exam? Criteria for appearing in PSU exam? Nature of work involved for EEE engineers in PSU's? Salary package and benefits in PSU?
  12. Which Exams can I appear for being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering?
  13. Can i apply for PSU and IES simultaneously? -- [New]
  14. Guidance to prepare for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in Civil Engineering? Previous 10 year Question Papers for these Exams?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course? What will be the salary offered for an IES Officer?
  16. Recruitment exams to get job in PSU for B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) 2nd year student?
  17. Can I give IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in Electronics?
  18. Best institute in Bangalore for preparation for PSU/IES exam? -- [Most Discussed]
1st August 2011, 07:15 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IES and PSU Exams being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Engineering?

hi....the gelegibility crieteria for the indian engineering services exam ,indian administrative services exam and the public sector companies is that you should be either in final year of graduation or you should have completed your graduation hence you are not elegible to write the exam in your third year of engineering ,also for the ias and ies exam you should be minimum or 21 years and maximum of 30 years if you are an general category candidate ,there is an relaxation of 5 years for sc/st candidates in the upper age limit.
i am also attaching the brochures of the ias and ies exams to give you the complete details of theses exams,what you should do is that subject yout subjects from now only and start preparing from now itself and hence you will have an advantage when compared to the others
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 109 views)
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 117 views)
1st August 2011, 04:23 PM
amar.sneh

Default Re: Can I appear for IES and PSU Exams being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Engineering?

For the eligibility criteria of IES exam please follow the link-
http://www.iwinacademy.com/Competitive/UPSC/IES/eligibility.aspx

And for the eligibility criteria of IAS exam please follow the link-
http://www.civilserviceindia.com/civil-services-eligibility.html

For the eligibility criteria of PSU exam please follow the link-
http://theguru.net.in/psu_eligibility.html
1st August 2011, 05:00 PM
Sumit Ahujaa

To be eligible for Engineering Service exam, you need to hold a degree in engineering from a recognized university. Apart from being an engineer, you must be within the age limit of 21-30 years. The maximum age limit is relaxed upto 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC category and 5 years for SC/ST category.
Qualified candidates are appointed in the engineering department of Indian Railway Service, Central Electrical Engineering Service, Indian Naval Armament Service, Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Central Power Engineering Service
Indian Defence Service of Engineers and Indian Supply Service.
For further information, refer to the official website of UPSC.

Public Sector Undertakings are the companies regulated by government of India. They conducts examination for various posts and the eligibility criteria depends upon the particular posts and department. Each PSU conducts their own examination for recruitment and the notification for the same is published in India's leading newspapers and on the official website of the PSU. For a list of PSU, refer to the official website of Indian Government. To know the eligibility criteria and procedure to apply, visit the official website of each PSU.
All the best.
1st August 2011, 05:19 PM
rupesh1982

no, firstly you have to complete your degree,then you are eligible to apply in the exam.these exams are on the basis of degree,while if you are in eight semester then you are eligible.you may have quiry that other people appear in his third year of degree while engineering candidates not,because other people completing his degree in arts and science and you are completing in engineering.
1st August 2011, 06:06 PM
saurav9889

friend sorry but u can't appear for ies,ias or psu exams during your third yr of engg. because the min. eligibility is that a student should be in his final yr. of engg. to appear for such exams. though u can definately give gate exam during your 3rd yr of engg.
1st August 2011, 07:21 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Well no you can not sit for any exams out of these three as the basic eligibility criteria for all three is you must have completed your engineering degree but since you are in third year i would advice you to concentrate on your exams and once you will clear you 4 th year you will be able to sit for all these three exams .

IAS: For IAS you have to appear for civil service exam which is conducted by UPSC once a year .Eligibility for the IAS is :

You should have done your graduation .
You should be between 21 to 30 years for SC/ST it is 21 to 35 years and for OBC its a 21 to 33 years .

IES:IES i.e Indian Engineering Services is a combined competitive examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment to the Indian Engineering Services (IES).Eligibility for the exam is :

You should have done your engineering in :

Electronics and communication .
Civil engineering .
Electrical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering

You should be between 21 to 27 years .

Eligibility criteria is for all PSU companies :

You should have completed your graduation
You should have got marks around 605 in your graduation and in class 10th and 12th .
1st August 2011, 11:23 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

For the exams mentioned a candidate without a graduation degree cannot apply. Candidates who will have the required qualification at the time of interview are also allowed to apply for these posts. The same will be mentioned in the notification. So certainly you can’t appear for these exams now. But on the other hand this gives you enough time to prepare for these tests.
8th September 2011, 04:04 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

to appear in the different competitive exams like ies and psu the minimum requirement is completion of the graduation.

the age limit criteria for these exams is 21 to 30 years.

and indian engineering service exam can be given by only the candidates of the civil , mechanical , electrical , electronics branches.
engineering graduates from all above branches can appear in the ies exam.

for more details of ies exam kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
21st February 2012, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

i just want to ask that i m a student of final year , want to prepare for psu and gate, is there any other option inspite of these,
22nd February 2012, 01:12 AM
rvidyasagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i just want to ask that i m a student of final year , want to prepare for psu and gate, is there any other option inspite of these,
The world is full of opportunities. Your chosen option of PSU prepares you for a job in any PSU while GATE prepares you to do Post Graduation.

Well, if you want to pursue PG, stick to the second option.

If you want to take up a job, there are several competitve exams like UPSC, etc. You may also put your bio-data in any job-search website.

You may also register your name with Board of Apprentice Training for getting one year's paid apprenticeship training from any good company.

All the best.
18th January 2013, 07:45 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunkyadava View Post
Can i appear for the ies,ias and psu exam when i am in 3rd year of my engineering?
NO, a candidate of 3rd year cannot appear for the below listed exams that you have mentioned:
>> IAS-(UPSC CIVIL Services Exams)
>> IES (UPSC Engineering services exams)
>> PSU exams

Eligibilty for appearing in these exams is;

IES- BE/BTECH pass
Final year BE/BTECH candidates can apply
Age should be between 21 and 30 years

IAS- Graduation pass
Final year Graduation candidates can apply
Age should be between 21 and 30 years

PSU- For PSU jobs, you need to give the GATE exams
GATE exams are conducted by IIT
Eligibilty to give GATE exams is BE/BTECH pass
Final year BE/BTECH candidates can apply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?