30th April 2013, 07:55 PM
manoprabha_1991

Am I eligible to study for bachelor of law after completing B.Com with 55%?

hai i am prabhakaran i have complete b.com. but i got only 55%. Am i eligible to study bachelor of law (BL). is it possible or not?

1st May 2013, 08:22 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study for bachelor of law after completing B.Com with 55%?

It is possible to go for Bachelor of Law or the LLB degree is known in the North India. Your marks are sufficient to apply for the BL course. There is no need to worry about.

However please ensure that you are applying for the regular course and not the correspondence. Just to clear confusion, BL is sometimes referred as the correspondence degree offered in various colleges.

However down in south especially Tamil Nadu, BL is the regular degree which is same as LLB. Therefore my only advice would be to apply for BL but the regular course.

The correspondence course is not accepted in India. Bar Council of India has made it amply clear that it will not recognize any other degree apart from BL/LLB from regular mode.

Which means that if you completed correspondence degree, the Bar Council of India will not permit you to practice in the court as lawyer.

LLB Eligibility

1. Your B.Com degree is accepted as qualifying course.

2. Minimum of 45 percent marks are required.

3. SC/ST students need 40 percent marks.

4. Upper age limit is 30 years.

5. Age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST.
2nd May 2013, 07:02 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study for bachelor of law after completing B.Com with 55%?

Yes, you are eligible to purse 3 years LL.B.(Bachelor of Law) Degree after completion of B.Com. with 55% marks.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen having completed Graduation Degree with 40% marks in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate, can apply for 3 years LL.B. Degree course.
24th July 2013, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

am studying in b.com .in distance education can i join in b.l
28th December 2014, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have completed my b.com in correspondence on 10 base. Now my age is 30.can I do l.l.b in regular college
21st February 2017, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

I am studying bcom after that i am willing to study BL what kind of will have for me and please tell how to prepare myself
30th March 2018, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

I am finished my uG in correspondence in 65 percentage can I eligible to study bl
10th December 2018, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study law after completion of Matric 2012 (3rd.Divn),10 2 (Com) 2nd.Divn 2014 & 10 3 (B.Com) pass 34% mark kindly inform me early as possible.
Name :- Anjan Kumar Padhan, Mob: 7077006214
28th August 2019, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

Am completed bcom i can apply for master degree in llb
12th August 2020, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

I completed BA economics in correspondence can I able to do BL in regular ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?