14th October 2011, 08:08 PM
athul premdas

Am I eligible to write GATE and CAT entrance exam for master degree after completing my B.Tech from deemed university?

i have completed my btech from a deemed university which have only UGC approvel and not by the AICTE.am i eligeble to write GATE and CAT entrances for master degree?

14th October 2011, 10:03 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to write GATE and CAT entrance exam for master degree after completing my B.Tech from deemed university?

Quote:
Originally Posted by athul premdas View Post
i have completed my btech from a deemed university which have only UGC approvel and not by the AICTE.am i eligeble to write GATE and CAT entrances for master degree?

Eligibility For GATE and CAT

Yes,you are definitely eligible for appearing in the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) and CAT (Common Admission Test)..

To that matter..you are eligible for almost all the entrance exams for which a student of AICTE approved University is eligible with the same qualifications..

The minimum criterion for such exams is that a student must be a graduate from either a University recognized by the AICTE or UGC..

Nowadays,both are considered equivalent so you need not worry about anything and you are surely eligible to give all these exams..

Just concentrate on your preparations..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
14th October 2011, 10:37 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write GATE and CAT entrance exam for master degree after completing my B.Tech from deemed university?

Dear pal,
The eligibility for both the differs as they GATE is for Engineering and CAT is for MBA admission

GATE
The academic background required is a Bachelors degree in ENGINEERING.
CAT
The educational qualification required for the exam is a Bachelor degree from any discipline.
so you are eligible for writing both the exam.you can apply for the exam in final year too.
14th October 2011, 10:50 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write GATE and CAT entrance exam for master degree after completing my B.Tech from deemed university?

Yes you are eligible for exams as it is recognized university so no need to worry and there is no compulsory for AICTE approved college you can apply for all kind of Exam...

GATE EXAM which make you to enter into top universities like IIT's ,NIT,DELHI UNVERSITY,JNTU,OSMANIA UNIVERSITY and many more top other university ..with M.tech they also give you scholarship so that you will be financially strong....try to get 90% above in GATE.

gate marks are applicable for all colleges and it is valid for 2 years ..
some private colleges conduct their own exams too but most of university consider gate exam..marks

you need to be at-least graduate in any field is eligible to sit in CAT exam which a common test for admission. and based upon your rank in CAT your admission will be given to top MBA institutes.. ...
14th October 2011, 10:56 PM
vasavi701

Yes, you are also eligible for Writing GATE exam,besides that if you can also apply for BHEL,NTPC and many more government sector jobs and this year they are recruiting the members using GATE score and so if you apply for GATE please register for these companies also.
15th October 2011, 03:02 AM
ritam_rocks

yes,you are surely eligible for both GATE and CAT.
For GATE : required B.Tech or BE.
For CAT :required bachelor degree in any discipline.
So,you have all things for applying the both.

Best of luck friend...
15th October 2011, 09:54 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

yes, you are eligiable for to write GATE and CAT entrance exam for master degree after completing my B.Tech from deemed university

as you have told that your university is not affiliated by the AICTE.

But as your university is affiliate by the UGC so you are eligiable to write CAT/gate exam.

but one things you should remember

pre-final year students are not eligiable for the CAT/GATE exam.

so after completing or final year degree engineering holders are only eligiable to write the above exams.

to write CAT/GATE there is no age limit.

to write CAT exam only 50% marks in degree is required.

all the best.........
31st October 2011, 12:30 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hi...
GATE-exam 2012
Eligibility for gate :
no age limit
any bachelor degree
pre -final year or final year
no limit for attempt of exam
Last date for GATE Exam application forum submitting:End of October
GATE exam date: Mid Sunday of February
Result announcement:Mid of March.
Syllabus:your group subjects and aptitude,numeric questions.
Structure:Exam time 3.00hours.
there are 60 questions with maximum of 100 marks.
Cut offs: It is varies from the institutes and streams.some colleges are keeping 700 cut off computer science for direct admission.Top institutes have 90% as cut off.
Score Validity:The GATE score is valid for two years from the year one crack the test.
Contact address for GATE:
Chairman,GATE,Indian Institute of Technology,Delhi, Hauz Khas,
New Delhi 110 016
phone:011-2659 1749
Fax No: 011-2658 1579
Email id: [email protected]
http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2011/contact.php

all the best............
31st October 2011, 10:10 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India examination administered and conducted in eight zones such that One Indian Institute of Science(IISc),Bangalore and the Seven IITs(Bombay,Kharagpur,Kanpur,Guahati,Roorkee,Madra s,Delhi)

The most important news in GATE-2012 is that Pre-final year student ca not appear in GATE 2012 exam.

According to the Eligibility of the GATE:

1:You should have a Bachelor's degree holder in Engineering or Technology or Architecture or Pharmacy of 4 years after 10+2.

2:You can also apply if you are in the final year examination of the Bachelor Degree.
or
3:You have to be a Master degree holders in any branch of Science like Physics,Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Applications etc....

4:You can also apply if you are in the final year examination of the Master Degree.

In this year 2012,the GATE 2012 is organized by Indian Institute of Technology,Delhi

In GATE-2012 you can apply in two way Online & Offline

Date of Online Examination:29-01-2012 (Sunday)

Date of Offline Examination: 12-02-2012 (Sunday)

for more visit:http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/
8th November 2011, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

sir,i got 90%(2004)in ssc, 91%(2006) in inter, 69.99%(2010) in b.tech am i eligible for pgecet 2012 plz do reply
20th November 2011, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

do BE prefinal year student eligible for the cat exam
20th November 2011, 11:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by athul premdas View Post
If your university is UGC approved then you are eligible for both CAT and GATE exam.

DETAILS ABOUT GATE EXAM:-

The eligibility criteria for M-TECH admission:-

(a) Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology or its equivalent.

(b) Bachelor’s degree holders in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Electronics/ followed by qualifications obtained through an examination conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.

(c) Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture/Design (for M Des program only)

(d) Master’s degree holders in Physics with Electronics/Instrumentation (for M Tech programs).

**GATE score is valid for two years.
** There is no age criteria
**There is no restriction for attempts in GATE exam
**Final student also eligible.

DETAILS ABOUT CAT EXAM:-

Those candidate have above 50% in graduation are eligible for CAT exam.For SC/ST candidate this marks is decreased to 45% in graduation.

Your graduation college or university must have UGC approval.

This year exam date is already announced.So please check it out.

Registration-17 august 2011 to 28 September 2011

Exam date-22 October to 18 November 2011.
21st November 2011, 10:53 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you are eligible to appear in CAT and GATE exam for master degree course after completion of B.tech course from deemed university.

So, don't worry my friend you are surely eligible.. As Deemed university is recognized one..

All the best.
21st January 2012, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

1: I HAVE A DOUBT TAT MY 12TH RESULT IS ONLY 56% BUT ENGG PERCENT IS 70% , SO I WANT TO KNOW THAT MY 12TH PERCENT IS SO LOW THEN ALSO CAN I APPEAR IN GATE AND CAT BOTH OR IT AFFECT IT ?
PLZ REPLY ME SOON I M CONFUSION
22nd January 2012, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

sir,
is rvd deemed university rajashthan is recognised by aicte or ugc ?. i also want to know can i appear for any goverment exam. my mail od [email protected] presently i am working in L & T ltd
22nd July 2012, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am in MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY ,FARIDABAD .IT IS A DEEMED UNIVERSITY .AM I ELIGIBLE FOR GATE AND CAT
19th August 2012, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

my daughter is in ECE dept in sathiabama deemed university, may i know Is she eligible for doing masters degree in USA?
28th September 2012, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

can i get a job easily and quickly through tis gate exam .but i m pursuing mca finalyear
20th October 2012, 09:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Dear aspirant,

-Yes you will be eligible for CAT and GATE exam after completing you B.Tech .

-For both the exam i.e CAT and GATE you should be graduate from a recognised university.

-CAT is for MBA admission in IIMs and other MBA institutes. Those who qualify CAT are given a scorecard which will help them in getting an Institute based on there percentile.

-GATE is graduate aptitude test in engineering which is also conducted for Graduates but it is related to mainly engineering field. If you qualify GATE then you will get scholarship if you do master in the same field from which you did your graduation.

-So if you want to give this exam then you should start preparing for it as it is one of the toughest exams in India.

BEST OF LUCK.....
1st March 2013, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

e: Am I eligible to write GATE and CAT entrance exam f
21st July 2014, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

sir actually i have got only 58.5%(PCB) in 12th class.so am i eligible for CAT exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?