6th October 2017, 08:42 AM
sipudas

Am I eligible to write GATE exam for Geology and Geography after completion of mineral engineering? What is the scope in future?

Am I eligible to write GATE exam for Geology and Geography after completion of mineral engineering? What is the scope in future? Can you please let me know the details on the same as soon as possible? Awaiting for the response. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study Master Degree in Geology/Geography being a B.E.(Chemical Engineering) student? Distinction between Geology and Geography? -- [New]
  2. Can I do masters in petroleum geology after completion of bachelors degree in Geography?
  3. What is the scope of doing my studies in Geology from abroad?
  4. What is the scope of M.Sc Geography and possibility for pursuing the same after B.Sc Agriculture?
  5. Best books and study material for GATE geology subject
  6. Am I eligible to do masters in heritage management after completion of engineering? What is the scope of future job prospects?
  7. Am I eligible for forest ranger entrance exam on the basis of B.Sc physics?
  8. Can I apply for IIT-JAM(Geology/Geophysics) if having Physics in 3rd & 4th semesters of B.Sc(Geology)? Books for preparation of this exam? Which one has better scope between Geology and Geophysics?
  9. What is the eligbility criteria for doing Ph.D in Geography after completion of MA in Geography?
  10. Can I do PhD in Agriculture through GATE after completion of B.Tech(Agricultural Engineering)?
  11. How many years does it takes to become a Geologist? Which courses are available for it?
  12. Chances to do Ph.D in Geology if studied as an extra subject in graduation?
  13. What is the future scope of civil engineering after completion of PG in Civil Stream? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Scope of Geology in India and Abroad
  15. What is the scope available after completion of graduation in geography honours?
  16. Can i write GATE examination after studying Diploma in Mechanical?
  17. How to get into Geology course after completion of BE in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How can I become an astronaut after B.E in mechanical
22nd October 2017, 12:04 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write GATE exam for Geology and Geography after completion of mineral engineering? What is the scope in future?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) after completing your bachelors in mineral engineering. Here below are details regarding geology and geography courses after GATE exam:-

>> As you want to apply for geography or geology through GATE, then you can apply for M.Tech courses like Geology engineering, Remote sensing and geography courses.

>> To apply for GATE exam minimum qualification required is bachelors degree in engineering from government recognized institute.

>> Duration of post graduate degree in Geology and geography field through GATE exam is 2 years.

Future Scopes after PG Degree in Geology and Geography Courses:- After having post graduate degree in geology and geography you can apply for future career scopes in employment areas like Geological survey of India, Institute of Himalayan geology, National geophysical research institute, Oil India limited, Reliance industries limited, Physical research laboratory etc and get job types like:-

Job Options after PG Degree in Geology/Geography:-

:- Research associate.

:- Head of mine planning.

:- Assistant soil scientist.

:- Technical analyst.

:- Geologists.

:- Executive geology trainee.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?