26th April 2012, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write UPSC after my 12th?

i am 12th
can i give the exam of collector
please reply soon..

30th April 2012, 10:19 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write UPSC after my 12th?

Hai,

In order to apply UPSC you need atleast educational qualification is graduation.

So you are not eligible for the UPSC after 12th standard.

Eligibility criteria for UPSC:

Graduation from a recognised university.

Age limit is 21years to 30years.

You must be a citizen of india.

Selection procedure:

Preliminary exam,
Main exam,
Personal interview.

For more details visit

www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.
21st December 2012, 09:08 AM
Unregistered

i m in 10th & i want to become a collector officer what can i do for it ?
21st December 2012, 03:58 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

UPSC stands Union Public Service Commission.
Every year UPSC will conduct variety of Entrance Exams to let the candidates to join in various public services.Have a glance over variety of Entrance Exams that are being conducted by UPSC.

UPSC eligibility criteria is you should complete your graduation in any stream from the recognized university.so you are not eligible for this which you asked as for IAS exam.

But UPSC will have restriction regarding education qualification for the different post.

Educational Qualifications

The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

Age Limits

A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, in the year of examination.

The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable in the follwing cases:

Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe: upto a maximum of five years.

Other Backward Classes: upto a maximum of three years.

State of Jammu & Kashmir (Domiciled during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989): upto a maximum of five years.

Defence Services personnel : upto a maximum of five years

UPSC New Exam Pattern 2013:
UPSC conducts exams for civil services as IFS, IAS, IRS, IPS and others. It conducts the exam in three stages

1.Preliminary Exam.
2.Main Exam.
3. Personal Interview.

UPSC Eligibility Criteria:

1.A person of India, Nepal, Bhutan or the other origin of India may give UPSC Exam.

2.Candidates who want to appear in this exam should be of age 21 to 30 yrs.

3.Age Limit as per Gov. Rules and Regulations.

4.Candidates should have the degree from any recognized university/College.

5.General candidates may attempt four times and Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe candidates have no restriction. OBC candidates may attempt seven times the UPSC Exam.

6.Other details regarding the UPSC Exam are mentioned on the official website:
www.upsc.gov.in

regards.....santhosh..............
21st December 2012, 05:17 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

After passing 12th You can appear in NDA Exam.
This Exam is Conducted by UPSC.

In order to appear in this Exam,you will require the following Eligibility:-

Educational Qualification:-
>>You must be passed out in 10+2 with science stream.
>>Your subjects in science stream should be Physics & Mathematics.
>>Optional subjects should be chemistry/computer.

Marks:-
>>Your minimum marks in 10+2 should be 70%.
>>In English your marks should be 60%.

>>Your age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.

Syllabus:-

There will be two sections from which the questions will be asked in this exam:-
>>General section.
>>Subjective section.

GENERAL SECTION will include questions from:-
>>Mathematics.
>>English .
>>General Knowledge.

SUBJECTIVE SECTION will include questions from:-
>>Physics.
>>Chemistry.
>>Mathematics.

Its official website is http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st December 2012, 06:05 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Basically what you are talking about it UPSC Civil Service Exam for Indian Administrative Service (IAS). You can not apply for it unless completed graduation. Therefore continue with your studies and complete a graduation.

You can do graduation in any discipline. There is no restriction on that. However it is important that a candidate have graduation degree. Until then you can not appear for Civil Service Examination for IAS, IPS, IFS etc.

District Collector, the post you referred in the question is related to Indian Administrative Service. The IAS entrance exam is quite competitive with more than 10 Lakh candidates appearing for it.

You will have to study extremely hard to clear the Indian Administrative Service Exam. The job of IAS officer is to implement government policies. He/She has to ensure that policies are being implemented smoothly and there is no misuse of the public fund.

Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen to apply.

2. A bachelor degree from any recognized university.

3. The age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years.

4. Relaxation for OBC is 3 years.

5. SC/ST are given 5 years relaxation.

Exam Pattern

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview

Number of Attempts

1. General - 4

2. OBC - 7

3. SC/ST - no limits
23rd December 2012, 10:36 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Just after passing class 12th, You cannot apply for the UPSC Civil Services exams.
If you want to become collector than you have to give this exam and opt for the IAS.

Below is the Eligibilty for the Civil Services Exams:

Educational Qualifications= > Graduation pass in any Stream

AGE- minimum 21 years
maximum 30 years
Candidates belonging to OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

ATTEMPTS- General candidates- 4 times
OBC- 7 times
SC/ST- No such restriction

So, First Complete your Graduation and than apply for this Exams.
31st December 2012, 06:06 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

There are a number of UPSC Examinations which are conducted every year .

The Eligibility criteria for each examination differ from one another.

Now as per your ask , there are two UPSC examinations in which the minimum educational qualification required is 12th standard pass out.

These two examinations are :

* NDA & NA Examination

* SCRA Examination

NDA & NA Examination is conducted twice every year for the recruitment of candidates in the following wings of Indian Defense :

a) Indian Air Force

b) Indian Army

c) Indian Navy

SCRA Examination is conducted every year for the recruitment of candidates in Indian Railways.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
31st December 2012, 07:46 PM
ankit80
Member+

Well dear upsc conducts so many exams every year for different posts.generally 12th student is not eligible for these exams.but there are some exams like nda,scra for which a class 12 student is eligible.these exams are conducted every year by upsc.
Best of luck
31st December 2012, 10:01 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Am I eligible to write UPSC after my 12th?

Hi,

Candidate must complete your graduation in any stream from the recognized university.

A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, in the year of examination.

For details...
Cool...
31st December 2012, 10:25 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend...........

Every year UPSC will conduct variety of Entrance Exams to let the candidates to join in various public services.Have a glance over variety of Entrance Exams that are being conducted by UPSC.

UPSC eligibility criteria is you should complete your graduation in any stream from the recognized university.so you are not eligible for this which you asked as for IAS exam.

But UPSC will have restriction regarding education qualification for the different post.

Educational Qualifications

The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

Age Limits

Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe: upto a maximum of five years.

Other Backward Classes: upto a maximum of three years.

State of Jammu & Kashmir (Domiciled during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989): upto a maximum of five years.
31st December 2012, 11:06 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Yeah sure , you are eligible to apply for UPSC Examination after completing 12th examination . You can apply for UPSC exams in two ways :: 1)SCRA Exam 2)NDA Examination . If you are completed 12th exam then you can apply for both these examination . If you are not completed and then you are not eligible to apply .

SCRA Stands for Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC Once in a year . 2013 examination notification was already released and last date for receipt of application was also already completed .

Eligibility Criteria ::

You must have a completed your 12th examination OR graduate degree with Physics , Chemistry and mathematics as subjects from a recognized University . And there is no percentage bar required for these examination . Those who are appearing in the final year of 12th exam may also eligible to apply .

You must have attained the age of 17 years and must have not attained the age of 21 years at the time of appearing for this examination and Upper age limits is applicable for this examination .

NDA Stands for National Defence Academy Examination and conducted by UPSC twice in a year for admission to Army wings , Navy wings and Air force Wings .

Eligibility Criteria ::

You must have a completed your 12th examination with Physics , Chemistry and mathematics as subjects from a recognized School . And there is no percentage bar required for these examination . Those who are appearing in the final year of 12th exam may also eligible to apply .

You must have attained the age of 16.5 years and must have not attained the age of 19 years at the time of appearing for this examination .

www.upsc.gov.in
3rd January 2013, 10:27 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to write UPSC after my 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am 12th
please reply soon..

Eligibility For UPSC Exam

Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) is the committee which conducts various kinds of exams for government jobs like NDA,CDS,SCRA,Civil Service Exams, Engineering Services,etc..

The exam conducted for becoming a collector or Indian Administrative Services you need to clear the Civil Service Exam

A candidate is eligible to appear for Civil Service Exams if :-

>> The candidate must have completed graduation or must be a final year graduation student in any stream from a recognized institute..

>> The candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years, 21-33 years if OBC and 21-35 years if SC/ST..

>> general candidates have 4 attempts to appear for the exam..OBC have 7 and SC/ST candidates have no limit..

The written exam for the Civil Service consists of 2 stages :-

>> Prelims or CSAT
>> Mains

You can visit http://upsc.gov.in for more details about this exam..

Till the time you do not clear your graduation you are not eligible for appearing for Civil Service Exams..

I have also attached the Exam Paper pattern and the syllabus of CSAT along with this post..

Go through them and I hope they will help you out in your preparations..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx IAS CSAT Syllabus.docx(12.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 39 views)
5th January 2013, 08:54 AM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear There,

The UPSC conducts a number of examination each year whose eligibility criteria are different from one another.

Now according to your quest The UPSC conducts two examinations to which candidates with 12th passout can write for. The examiations are as follows:

* NDA/NA - Twice every year for the recruitment of candidates in the wings of Indian Defense

* SCRA - Every year for the recruitment in Indian Railways.

Thanks
28th February 2013, 11:32 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am 12th
please reply soon..
No after 12th you cannot give the exam for the UPSC.To be eligible for the exam you need to hold graduation degree from recognized university and age limit should be 21-30 yrs.

Then you can apply for it.
For more info visit www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?