8th September 2011, 05:58 AM
dingnag

Am I eligible to write NDA having secured less than 60% in 12th and more than 60% in B.Sc in Biotechnology?

My 12th standard marks are less than 60%. but i have completed bsc biotechnology with more than 60%. my age is 24yrs. I am i eligible to write NDA exams and join airforce.?

Related Questions:
8th September 2011, 01:46 PM
saugata2008

Default Re: Am I eligible to write NDA having secured less than 60% in 12th and more than 60% in B.Sc in Biotechnology?

NDA stands for National Defense Academy .NDA is conducted by UPSC twice in a year(NDA-I,NDA-II) .

Eligibility criteria for NDA -

1. 12th from any recognized board.
2. 12th with physics , chemistry , math .
3. Age limit = 16.5 to 19 years .
4. candidate should be a citizen of India.

So , there is no percentage requirement for the exam . But as you have completed B.Sc , so make sure that your age is less than 19 years .If your age is less than 19 then you are eligible for the exam .

Thank you
8th September 2011, 01:53 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write NDA having secured less than 60% in 12th and more than 60% in B.Sc in Biotechnology?

A candidate who has cleared 12th can apply for NDA. So even if you secured less than 60% in the same you are eligible to apply. But there is an age limit of 19 years to appear for this exam. Since you are a graduate certainly you will be over 19 years. So you are not eligible to apply through NDA. You can however apply through the CDSE scheme.
8th September 2011, 07:22 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

It doesn't matter the percentage you secured in 12th.

You have to pass the 12th class examination.

Your age should be between 16.5 and 19 years at the time of exam

Only male candidates can attend the exam.

More info

www.upsc.gov.in
9th September 2011, 06:02 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to write NDA having secured less than 60% in 12th and more than 60% in B.Sc in Biotechnology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingnag View Post
My 12th standard marks are less than 60%. but i have completed bsc biotechnology with more than 60%. my age is 24yrs. I am i eligible to write NDA exams and join airforce.?
Eligibility for NDA

percentage is not a matter of concern for NDA as they need you to be only a 12th pass-out but yur age has crossed the maximum eligibility age for NDA..it is 16.5-19 years..but since you have crossed the age..hence you are not eligible for giving NDA anymore..

you can get into the Indian army through CDSE(Combined Defense Services Exam) for which the age limit is 20-27 years or through IMA(Indian Military Academy for which the age limit is 19-24 years..

all the best..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
9th September 2011, 10:29 PM
tanmayeetripathy

Ofcourse you are eligible for applying nda..

Eligibility for indian defence career:-

indian army :

1.technical entry scheme (tes) for male 10+2 (pcm) candidates.

10+2 pass unmarried make candidates with physic, chemistry & maths (pcm) with a minimum of 70% marks and between the age of 16½ and 19½ years are eligible for the grant of permanent commission in the army after 4 years of technical military training with prescribed terms eligible candidates are invited through advertisement in the employment news and other prominent dailies.

The candidates must have a 6/6 eyesight in each eye with or without glasses and a minimum height of 157.5 cm with chest expansion of 5 cm.

Candidates have to clear total training period of 5 years including 1 year of basic military training at indian military academy, dehradun and 4 years of technical training at pune secunderabad.
On successful completion of course, cadets are granted permanent commission in the rank of lieutenant as also an engineering degree.

Following are other avenues of employment for x & xii pass candidates in india army :

2.junior commissioned officers (jcos) :

Applicants for the post of jcos) in catering should be between 21 - 27 years with a 10+2 with science and a 1 year cookery diploma or a certificate from a recognized foodcraft institute.

Jcos as religious teachers are males between 27 years and 34 years who are graduates in discipline with a qualification in their own religious denomination.

For further details visit our website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.

- soldiers (general duty) : High school within age - limit or 16 - 32.

-technical : High school within age - limit of 16 - 32 years.

- nursing assistant : High school with biology within age limit of 16 - 25.

Mahila constable : Matriculation (18 - 23 years of age).

Soldiers tradesman : Non - matric 16 - 20 years.
25th February 2012, 03:44 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NDA as there is no percentage requirement needed to apply.

¤ The eligibility criteria for NDA is provided below :
1. The candidate must be an Indian.
2. The candidate should be physically fit.
3. The age limit is 16.5 years to 19 years.
4. The candidate must have passed the 12th class examination or any equivalent examination.
Hope for your good future scope.
For more queries, you can ask your questions along with the doubts to be cleared in this educational forum and discussion website.
29th February 2012, 10:59 PM
aarti_srivastava

Sorry you are not eligibel for NDA exam you crossed age limitation(minimum 16.5 and maximum 19 years old)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?