24th June 2012, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for writing CAT after while in final year with 48%

Hi.. I'm a final year student with 48%.. Am i eligible for writing CAT?

9th July 2012, 01:18 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for writing CAT after while in final year with 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CAT stands for Common Admission Test and this examination is Conducted by IIM's Every year for admission in IIM and top level MBA college . Maximum no MBA college get admission through CAT exam .

Those candidate have completed graduation degree with above 50% marks are applicable for CAT exam but your degree must be recognized.For SC/ST candidate the percentage is 45 % in graduation.There is no age limitation for the candidate.Final year student are applicable for This exam.

This year exam date is already OVER.So you can try for next year.Selection Process for CAT exam are Written exam , Group Discussion , personal Interview .

The syllabus of CAT consists of :-
1.Data Interpretation.
2.Quantitative Aptitude.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Verbal Ability.

You are in final year student so don't worry you are applicable for CAT exam but there is a problem with your graduation marks because your graduation marks 48% so if you are from SC/ST category then you are eligible for CAT exam other wise not.

But you are applicable in MAT exam .MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test . The Examination is conducted by All India Management Association . The Examination is conducted four times in a year during the month of February , May , September , and December .

The minimum qualification for appearing in MAT is graduation in any discipline from any recognized University .Final year student in any undergraduate can also apply.There is a minimum percentage requirement in graduation which is different for different management institutes and universities.

16th September 2012, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

i am be final year student when i was having chance to write cat exam
16th September 2012, 10:49 PM
Arpit_30
Senior Member+

CAT stands for Common Admission Test and this examination is Conducted by IIM's Every year for admission in IIM and top level MBA college . Maximum no MBA college get admission through CAT exam .

Those candidate have completed graduation degree with above 50% marks are applicable for CAT exam but your degree must be recognized.For SC/ST candidate the percentage is 45 % in graduation.There is no age limitation for the candidate.Final year student are applicable for This exam.

This year exam date is already OVER.So you can try for next year.Selection Process for CAT exam are Written exam , Group Discussion , personal Interview .

The syllabus of CAT consists of :-
1.Data Interpretation.
2.Quantitative Aptitude.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Verbal Ability.
16th September 2012, 11:24 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am afraid but it is not possible for you to give CAT exam because the minimum percentage required to give this exam is 50% at graduation level. You are approximately 2% short. But there is nothing to worry about it. If pursuing MBA is your main aim then you can also sit for various other MBA entrance exams and get the degree from one of the reputed institution in India. There are exams for which the percentage does not really matters. MAT exam is one of them.

MAT Exam Details:-

## MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test. This exam is conducted by the All India Management Aptitude Testing Service for four times a year. It is conducted in the months of February, May, September and December. This is also a national entrance test just like CAT which can be given to do MBA.

## To give this exam you need to complete your graduation first in any discipline from a recognized institution.

## Since the minimum marks to obtain has not been mentioned therefore if you have secured the pass marks then also you will be considered eligible.

## There is no age criteria as such which means you can choose to give this exam whenever you want to.

## Another good thing is that there is no restriction on the number of permissible attempts. So you can give this exam as many times you want.

## The exam pattern is basically objective type. The pattern of the exam keeps on changing from one year to the other. No definite pattern has been mentioned as such. You will have to answer 200 questions in two and a half hours. You can give the exam in both online and offline mode.

## Scheme Of Examination:-

## If you are interested to give this exam then you can get the application forms from selected branches of Bank of Baroda and Axis Bank by giving Rs. 1200.

## You can also get the form by sending a demand draft of Rs. 1200 in favour of ‘All India Management Association’. It is payable at Delhi from any bank.

## Contact Details:-

Manager-CMS (MAT-Online),
All India Management Association,
Management House,
14 Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003.

Top Institutes Which Accepts MAT Scores:-

Institute of Business Management & Research (IBMR), Bangalore

Disha Institute Of Advanced Studies, Bahadurgarh

Prestige Institute of Management, Gwalior

Badruka Institute of Foreign Trade, Hyderabad

Institute of Rural Management (IRM), Jaipur

Alliance Business School, Bangalore

Hope this helps :-> :->
18th September 2012, 12:09 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Sorry to say , but you are not eligible for CAT because of the following reason:

* The minimum eligibility criteria in terms of educational qualification required is you must have got a minimum of 50% in your graduation and as you have mentioned that you have only 48% marks in graduation , then its quite impossible for you to be eligible.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding yor query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?