View Poll Results: Where would you like to study? India or Abroad?

Abroad 42 17.57%
India 119 49.79%
Doesn't matter 29 12.13%
I'll try abroad, but if don't get any chance I am happy with India 49 20.50%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

16th November 2010, 12:42 AM
ForumModerator
Forum Staff

India or Abroad: Where would you like to study?

The title says everything. If you were given a choice between studying in top Indian college and average college in abroad then what would you choose?

18th November 2010, 02:12 PM
helping angel
Junior Member+

Default Re: India or Abroad :Where would you like to study?

i would like to do my graduation in India but for masters and doctoral studies , abroad seems to be a better option [according to me ]
18th November 2010, 07:45 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Default Re: India or Abroad: Where would you like to study?

I wish to do my masters in india,but Phd from foreign university.because they have good infrastructure.
19th November 2010, 09:54 AM
lakveldi

studying in india is best due to sincere lectureres a review said that poor educations in abroad.
19th November 2010, 07:09 PM
sushilsingh

i wanna do my all studies abroad after 12 th... ..............
19th November 2010, 10:25 PM
dency

I like to study in our nation only because our education system is also better one.
My view is that "Study in our country and work for our country".
20th November 2010, 10:08 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

i whould say studying in india in better colleges in very good, not even bothered to go out of the india.
and if you really want to go outside then go..but..don't stay there, many pepole what they do they stay there itself not even bothered to come back and work for india,
first you work for your mother land then chose for anything else
20th November 2010, 11:46 AM
Sanjiv sharma

I would like to study in India becase today India is among the super nations of the world.India is providing the best and quality education today and we haves the stamina and talent to defend and challange the foreign education and foreignors.
With regard
20th November 2010, 02:58 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Where ever i do study but definitely i will serve and work for India and make it proud..
20th November 2010, 06:26 PM
Vikram Naik

Smile Re: India or Abroad: Where would you like to study?

I would select abroad whether it is an top college or an average college, since it gives an experience of how the education as well as the people in abroad are. Its a very simple ans, India has a great colleges but we will get knowledge only when we experience.
22nd November 2010, 01:16 AM
Gaurav.jain88

I will prefer to study in India. If I get a chance to choose among indian institutes like IITs and IIMs and other average colleges, I definitely choose indian institutes because these are the prestige of india and getting chance to learn at such institution is a big deal for me.
22nd November 2010, 03:44 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Thumbs down Re: India or Abroad: Where would you like to study?

I will choose abroad for higher study. Because of their advance infrastructure in education...
22nd November 2010, 10:05 PM
shilpa mazumder

am proud to be an indian ...
but to study in abroad helps in many ways... and also helps u 2 get jobs...
23rd November 2010, 08:43 PM
hbk_piyushjain

It depends on college not the country from which you are doing your degree. There are colleges in India (IITs and IIMs) which are considered as better than many Universities of USA.
But if you get one of the best Universities abroad then you should go abroad for study. And if you are getting averge University and you have option to go for IITs or IIMs then you should study in India.
24th November 2010, 12:36 AM
B.keerthana09

India is a talent oriented society and also we maintain a very strict education. so students also gain their knowledge to improve their talents. many people who developed other countries are mainly Indians. they proved their talents there only by studying in Indian culture.
25th November 2010, 01:29 PM
yogs.singh

truely indian colleage's are far behind the top colleage's of world.....they lack in teaching mathology.....most of the colleage don't have reachear facilityies ..
and don't provide the exposure to the world....and subjects are thought more theoritically and less practicle
27th November 2010, 05:26 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Almost everyone will have a willingness to study abroad.
Not all the countries provide education better than India.In fact Indian Education system is said to be one of the best in the world(AT LEAST ON PAPER).

As per my choice studying PG courses abroad would be a better idea.After graduation in India,if we can pursue higher studies like MS..abroad,it will add colors to our future.

But after the studies and with work experience,i ll always prefer to be back India so that i could utilize and contribute what i have got from abroad in my own motherland INDIA
27th November 2010, 08:03 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Its better that you choose a top Indian college rather than an average college abroad.

Top colleges in the sense IIT's are the best when compared to an average college abroad.

Studying an average college abroad doesn't bring much value to your certificate.
IIT's,NIT's have good infrastructure,faculty,exposure,better job opportunities.

So,what else do we need when the IIT's and NIT's are providing these many facilities.
28th November 2010, 08:06 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

I would like to study in India because

upto my graduation i was there at home and went to college. This is just a few months since I joined my post graduation in outside the city and i am feeling very unhappy for being away to my parents. Any way i will go home for every 10 days.

And I dont have very big goals. Soon after the completion of my post graduation if I get a decent job and especially if it is in my home city, I will be very happy.

So i dont want to go for abroad.
28th November 2010, 08:27 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

I will prefer india.i am proud to be an indian. there are institutes like IITs and NITs which are really good and are well known. by studying in india we can save that money which goes to other country . you must have heard about the killing of indian students in australia and america which had increased terror among indian students. i am unable to understand the fact that we prefer to go outside instead of studying in india.
28th November 2010, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

I have one question...
I want to prepare for any one of the competitive exam,which is better GATE or GRE and how both of them have effect on the future???
1st December 2010, 11:49 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

All,

In my knowledge We have best institutes in the fields of engineering(IITs) and MBA(IIMs).
If we can compete and get admission in these, then why do we need to go abroad.
1st December 2010, 02:47 PM
rahul_kumar066

I think i would like to study in best school or univesity does not matter where it is
1st December 2010, 09:46 PM
sanu kumar gupta

I want to study in India,because i know that my India is best for my education.India is one of the best country for education.
2nd December 2010, 06:22 PM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

I would like to study in india first. .that is my first priority would be indian institutes like-IITs,NITs, V.I.T ,I.IM e.t.c because these institutes are really good. but in case i fail to take admission in these colleges ,i wil go for colleges outside india.
5th December 2010, 12:50 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Its costly affair to go and study abroad moreover i can get tempted to work their if i in to abroad with their luxury facilities and all which i don't like because working their is a real waste as an Indian working there saying taxes to that country making that country rich is mere waste so i prefer to study here and also work here and become a proud Indian thanks for giving this opportunity to share my opinion on this topic
6th December 2010, 12:38 AM
dr.abhishekkhanna

Although India also have better colleges but i would like to study abroad specially for post grad. There are many reasons for this. Firstly,Studying abroad for post graduation saves our 1 year. Then we get foreign exposure. We get to know more about rest of the world. In India,there's lot of competition.But in countries like U.K or U.S, a student gets admission on the basis of marks and not on cast. And of course,quality of education is better then in india.
6th December 2010, 12:39 PM
bindhu1

Thumbs up Re: India or Abroad: Where would you like to study?

I prefer india for studies because if we only go for abroad then who will come to india then how can we develop our india.... and my choice is i prefer india because here we have very good institutions....So if i got seat in very good institution in india then i must prefer for india only...
6th December 2010, 02:57 PM
ramakant sharma

i would like ro study in INDIA but ir depends on type of education if i am going for technical education than i would like to remain in indian top university itself nut in case of business studied i would like to select abroad...
6th December 2010, 09:37 PM
Saikiran M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumModerator View Post
The title says everything. If you were given a choice between studying in top Indian college and average college in abroad then what would you choose?
I will complete my BTech 2012 June. I wish to perceive my MBA in One of the best universities in the world. so whether it be India or Europe, it doesn't make difference but what i want to quality education.
6th December 2010, 10:13 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

According to the question,the choice is between [B]TOP INDIAN INSTITUTES and AVERAGE COLLAGE IN ABROAD,, then i would like to prefer Indian Institutes over Abroad.
Reputed Indian institutions are well known for their international standardS of education. Even foriegn students are joining indian institues for their further studies. So what need to go for abroad.
13th December 2010, 02:22 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Its a very simple answer to say-"Arrey yaar jahan tumhara dil lag jaye" means you can study only in that environment where your talent nourishes.If the job opportunities are the same ,then I think so that its a total foolishment for the one to go abroad and study.But if you are gaining something then definitely go abroad to steal that knowledge so that our country progresses.So choice is yours now!
15th December 2010, 03:20 AM
Swaminathan077

HELLO,

i would like to study according to my potential though we have good

institutions in India ..........if i will find more than these institutions then i will

migrate to some other places.........

good day
16th December 2010, 10:51 AM
juniorravik1214
Banned

Quote:
india is my mother country and the institutes like IIT , NIT ,VIT are present so why should i go to other country. these institutes are really good and well-known as far as providing education and job is concerned.
also in near past we had seen violance on indian students in other country so india is safe .
17th December 2010, 08:13 AM
Ragha3728

Quote:
I will try to study in abroad and make the india great as great
17th December 2010, 04:10 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
i think Indian education system is one of the best in the world and really competitive,
the talent of the students is great and i will surely stay in India rather than going outside the country
18th December 2010, 08:12 PM
Ajay Bhullar

In India
Because by studing in India we would able to know reasons of under development of our country and we can easily eradicate those reasons
19th December 2010, 01:29 PM
nishant1110

For an aspiring medico like me, India seems good, because there is real need of doctors in India. I already have a health service setup established by my parents. So, I Love India.
22nd December 2010, 06:38 PM
mdtareque

Studying abroad in not a big deal, But I'll love to study in India and do a job here itself
24th December 2010, 06:31 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

According to me, I would like to study in India. Because in India, there are so manny Top Colleges and if anyone can not get Admission In top Colleges of India, then how can he will get Admission in Abroad Colleges.

And i beleive that, the other countries don't have the same educational standard as that of India will provide.

And to study in Abroad, you need to lots of money and the cost of education in India is much lower in comparison to other prominent countries in the world.

And in India there are manny top Universities, who offers World Class teaching like -

Indian Institutes of Technology,

Indian Institutes of Management,

National Law Schools,

Delhi University,

Jawaharlal Nehru University,

Annamalai University,

Anna University.

So, if you are study from India, you will get good jobs In India Or Abroad, Because the colleges of india was providing Best quality education as compared to Foreign Universities.
28th December 2010, 12:10 AM
sdeepika.b

i prefer the top college in india to study. but , when i get a chance so as to know the technology from other countries while i was doing the job i may go. it depends on situation. cant claim a single statement
28th December 2010, 05:18 PM
anudmishra
Senior Member+

in today s economic condition India is the surely the best place to study,
i would never leave India specially because the salary and packages offered here are lot better than the foreign countries
2nd January 2011, 10:34 PM
rihhu
Member+

it actually doesnt matter if you are doing our engineering in india or abroad it basically depends upon from which college you are doing your course in india also there are number of colleges which are known all over country
3rd January 2011, 06:29 PM
indresh48

In abroad, because the englishmen invaded our country all the wealth they took is our's so we should progress & help our country to develop like them who are developed.
3rd January 2011, 08:14 PM
cutiepie.sakshi
Junior Member+

I would choose to study in India. I just cannot make out why everyone wants to study abroad. Mostly because it has great weightage while applying for jobs or interaction? Well what is bad in India? It too has great institutions.
4th January 2011, 03:52 PM
J.SHEELA
Junior Member+

abroad in india only theory but in abroad everythings depons our talents
5th January 2011, 12:30 AM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Post Re: India or Abroad: Where would you like to study?

A topper has always better position so i think that its better to be in an top indian college then an average college in abroad.Education in India is far better than abroad.Also where ever you study important thing is that study well...........
6th January 2011, 07:25 PM
sauravkumarjhumritelaiya
Member+

i would like study in India because it is the best place for study .
6th January 2011, 07:29 PM
sauravkumarjhumritelaiya
Member+

i would like study in India because it is the best place for study and its environment is also very pleasant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7th January 2011, 10:47 AM
toshiet_daksh

In India some people does'nt know how to speak eng.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?