30th December 2009, 11:10 PM
deepan gulati

Any problem in joining Aeronautical Engineering if I wear spectacles?

I AM A STUDENT IN CLASS NINTH AND THINKING TO OPT AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING AS A CAREER OPTION . I HAVE A QUERY REGARDING MY VISION i.e I AM WEARING SPECTACLES AND HAVING 6/6 WITH SPECTACLES , WILL I BE ABLE TO TAKE ADMISSION IN IT ? AND WILL THE SPECTS CREATE ANY HURDLE IN MY THINKING ?

24th January 2010, 02:37 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Any problem in joining Aeronautical Engineering if I wear spectacles?

Yep you have to face problem in getting in,because for aeronautical engineering you must be physically fit in all respects.

Since you are wearing spectacles and having 6/6 with spectacles,I think you are eligible for it,but not sure.

Best of luck.
25th January 2010, 09:59 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Any problem in joining Aeronautical Engineering if I wear spectacles?

it depends on what kind of job you would like to do in aeronautical engineering if it comes for a pilot then yes your eyesight should be perfect you can check about it at http://www.winentrance.com/career_courses/Career-Aeronautical-Engineering.html
26th January 2010, 05:44 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

You can check with:
IIT
BITS Pilani
BIT Mesra Ranchi
PSG College of Technology
Thapar Inst. of Engineering & Technology
Dhirubhai Ambani Inst. of Infocom. Tech
Manipal Institute of Technology

As such there is no problem if your eye sight is week and so you can do the course of Aeronautical Engineering easily.....study hard as getting a good seat is not so easy.....

best of luck
29th January 2010, 01:06 AM
priya143

hi,

there will be no problem if you are wearing spectacles in joining aeronauticle engineering.
so dont worry about your eyesight and go for it.

but the only thing is that you cannot become a pilot in future because this job demands absolute 6/6 eyesight.

but you can become a ground engineer after doing aeronauticle engineering.
try to do this course from good colleges otherwise it will be of no use.

best of luck
19th February 2010, 03:14 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

hey friend,
really its a very good question,
but please do not worry,at this eye sight there is no any problem and you can take admission in aeronautical engineering,but you can not work in all field of aeronautics engineering such as pilot,
we will work as an engineer at a ground level.
ok
best of luck.
9th March 2010, 08:57 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

hi dear, in this exams you have to physically fit, i think you have face a problem while you take admission, so in aeronautical engineering you have physically fit in all the respects.
10th March 2010, 01:36 AM
mathur

hello..
there is no problem in joining aeronautical engineering with weak eyesight. don't worry it won't create any hurdle in your career. but you can't become a pilot as it requires 6/6 eyesight. however, you can be a good ground engineer.
10th March 2010, 04:20 PM
Manjeet124

hi.....
Friend don't worry about that just go for it......
11th March 2010, 09:42 PM
asish
Senior Member+

dear frien
to know about all the physical requirements to join aeronautical engineering visit
http://www.winentrance.com/career_courses/Career-Aeronautical-Engineering.html
all the best
12th March 2010, 01:51 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

well dear friend yes, you may face problem while your medical test as they require clear eyesight with 6/6 vision without spectacles, but as you have 6/6 vision with spectacles so there is a definite chance that you may face some problem in medical rest if you can manage without it and can clear the medical with that then it is fine.. you will be in ..
dont worry from now on. go give it a try...
byee take care &
good luck...
14th March 2010, 07:07 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Hey friend,
Really its a very bad for you that you will face many problem in this course.
But there is some post in which this eye sight may be considered.

Ok
All the best
12th May 2010, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

IF I USE TO WEAR SPACTACLES THERE WILL BE ANY PROBLEM TO TAKE ADMISSION IN CANADIAN COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITIES FOR AEROSPACE ENGINEERING.
14th May 2010, 12:06 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

hey dont worry in engineering there is no problem if you wear spect' s but if you apply for the pilot then you are not eligible for it......as it require eye to be 6/6..........
14th May 2010, 08:15 AM
sadhan
Senior Member+

dear frnd,
not to worry if you wear spectacles
you can apply only for technical job not as pilot
good luck
14th May 2010, 02:43 PM
sonal goel

Dear,
There are no such problems with aeronautical engineering if you are wearing spectacles.
There are no physical standards
17th May 2010, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

can i do mtec after doing my btec in aeronautical engineering
20th May 2010, 11:53 PM
sg3125
Banned

Aeronautics and pilot are part of aviation industry. In govt.sectors ,like air force is a very lucrative jobs.they need a special type of strata to work upon. They take healthy ,efficient, all-round people.
They won’t take myopic or hypermetropic people.
25th May 2010, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

What are all the physical requirements for joinning in Aeronautical Engineeing?
plz send me a mail to [email protected]
31st May 2010, 07:08 PM
drdo99
Banned

Aeronautics is fantactic job.
Wearing spectacles is absolute of no worry.
You can be myopic or hypermetropic.
Your eye sight should be normal 6/6.
that's all.
31st May 2010, 07:18 PM
drdo99
Banned

Aeronautics is fantactic job.
Wearing spectacles is absolute of no worry.
You can be myopic or hypermetropic.
Your eye sight should be normal 6/6.
that's all.
15th July 2010, 03:20 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Yes you may have problem in latter stage in your job.

But since you have the spectacles with 6/6 resolution,i think you will be ok.

There is manly problem in the pilot section.so All the best.
16th July 2010, 12:49 AM
kshitijawadhiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepan gulati View Post
I AM A STUDENT IN CLASS NINTH AND THINKING TO OPT AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING AS A CAREER OPTION . I HAVE A QUERY REGARDING MY VISION i.e I AM WEARING SPECTACLES AND HAVING 6/6 WITH SPECTACLES , WILL I BE ABLE TO TAKE ADMISSION IN IT ? AND WILL THE SPECTS CREATE ANY HURDLE IN MY THINKING ?
no dear you won't have it anyway
i also have power of -5 in both eyes but i was eleigible for iit seat
so donot worry
continue with your aim
24th October 2010, 07:40 PM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Question Re: Any problem in joining Aeronautical Engineering if I wear spectacles?

yes you will definetely face problem because wearing spectacles means that you are not physically fit and aeronautical engineering needs 100% fitness.
18th May 2011, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

i cannot determine colors nicely and i am also wering glass with high power(-). so, will it create any obtacle if i join aerospace engineering.

Its my aim.What to do ?
18th June 2011, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

I m not so good in studies but i want to take admission in aeronauticaj engineering colege in which college i can apply this time plz help me i m scared
20th June 2011, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

hello seniors , i am wearing spectacles for -1.75, can i join aeronautical engineering and become a pilot or a engineer at ground level if i had lasic laser eye treatment.
please help me in continuing my aim . please mail@ [email protected]
7th July 2011, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

iam intrested in aeronautical engneering ...........is it a easy subject or not i got 70% in ipe
6th November 2012, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

if i get my laser done for eyes? can then i be a pilot?
4th April 2013, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am suffering from hypermetropia my vision is -2 and in spectacle my vision is 6/6 my aim is to be nda so plz.. Tell me that can i join nda.
17th June 2013, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

can sight be for aerospace
26th September 2019, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

I want to no the different branches of ae ron auto cal engineering
27th July 2021, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Is there any problem in joining AREOSPACE ENGINEER if I wear specs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?