28th February 2017, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I join the Indian Army if I wear spectacles? Do I need to wear contact lenses?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th and I want to join the Indian Army but I wear spectacles so I want to know can I join the Indian Army if I wear spectacles? Do I need to wear contact lenses? Please answer as soon as possible.

2nd March 2017, 07:18 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join the Indian Army if I wear spectacles? Do I need to wear contact lenses?

>> 6/6 eye side is compulsory in Indian army post.
>> You will fail in medical criteria of Indian army if you wear spectacles because of your eye side is weak.
>> Contact lenses are not allowed in army, your natural eye side should be 6/6
>> Also you must not have any color blindness nor ratina problem .
>> Candidate also must have a good physique and good mental health.
3rd March 2017, 09:46 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join the Indian Army if I wear spectacles? Do I need to wear contact lenses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th and I want to join the Indian Army but I wear spectacles so I want to know can I join the Indian Army if I wear spectacles? Do I need to wear contact lenses? Please answer as soon as possible.
If you fulfill below given criteria, then you are eligible for Indian Army through NDA exam.

Uncorrected without glass – 6/12

Corrected with glass – 6/6

Limits of Myopia – 3.5

Limits of Hypermetropia – +2.5

Binocular vision III

Limits of Colour Perception I
4th October 2017, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Good Evening sir. I have completed class 12th with 82%. I want to join Indian army but I wear spectacles. Am I eligible to join?
2nd February 2022, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Am I recommend if i wear contact lenses in ssb medical of nda??%uD83D%uDE4F
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?