19th May 2012, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Is B.Com a good option after completing 12th? I want to get into IIM

Im Gayathri. .i hv jus completed my 12 std..im confused abt wich course to tak ? Is takin Bcom a good option? Becos i wanna gt into IIM . .wich course should i tak so dat it wl b useful fr me fr my higher studies ?

17th July 2012, 04:08 PM
Neerajtiwari779

Default Re: Is B.Com a good option after completing 12th? I want to get into IIM

Hi Gayatri,
BCom is a good option you may persue with. IIM is the reputed institute in india and world for management studies. Persuing BCom from IIM add to your profile a real exylence. You may get a large section of pie from the institute itself by campos interview. Big comercial firms come to recure students from IIM.

Good luck
17th July 2012, 04:45 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is B.Com a good option after completing 12th? I want to get into IIM

HI..!!

--> Yes,B.com is a good option affter +2 if you have completed your +2 with commerce subjects.

-->IIM is the reputed institute in india and world for management studies .

-->Pursuing B.com from IIM add to your profile a real exylence.

-->you may get a large section of pie from the institute itself by campos interview.

-->Big commercial firms come to recure students from IIM.

-->So,choose the best way according to your interest.

go ahead..all the best...
17th July 2012, 06:19 PM
vikash1311994

Ya it is a good option and may be after every bachelor"s degree you can do Mba.But B.Comm master degree can be be Mcomm also.
17th July 2012, 07:30 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hello Friend........

B.Com is the better option then other Courses..........

because Accounting field is evergreen field forever

after your B.com graduation you can do

MBA - Master of Business Administration

ICWAI - Indian Cost and Works

CA - Chartered Account

CS - Company Secretary

nowadays less competition in this field friend.........

so it is better option for you...........

all the best................

Regards............
Tash
17th July 2012, 07:53 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Im Gayathri. .i hv jus completed my 12 std..im confused abt wich course to tak ? Is takin Bcom a good option? Becos i wanna gt into IIM . .wich course should i tak so dat it wl b useful fr me fr my higher studies ?

hello
B.Com----Bachelor of Commerce
B.Com is a course for Undergraduates.one can do this course after XII examination .as you want to get in the IIM'S(Indian Institute of management) you need to give CAT Exam which is conducted by IIM'S To give admission in the post graduation course(MBA) in the IIM'S and Other top management Institutes in INDIA.

what should I Do after XII ----B.com or any other course?
see, you want to know which course you should do which can help you for higher studies ,right::::

I will suggest you that all the courses are equally important ,and I don't think that too much emphasis should be laid on course selection in graduation .you can do courses like B.com/B.B.A/B.A or any other course in graduation.

The Eligibility criteria to sit in CAT exam is as under------>>

~you should be a graduate from a recognized university from any stream but important thing to look at is graduation.

~There is no age limit for sitting in the CAT examination conducted every year.

Information about CAT EXAM Pattern

There are two sections in the exam "CAT" Hence the important thing is not about course selection But knowledge about Interpretation ability,reasoning ability,knowledge of verbal type questions.Hence you should be focused on preparing for these subjects to prepare for CAT Exam.

pattern:
section-1--------------->>(1) Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
section 2--------------->>(2) Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning.

How to prepare for CAT

##You should first choose your course for graduation .i personally suggest that all courses have some or other importance but i will suggest to go either with B.com or BBA.

##next, you should focus on the sections of cat exam and prepare for them.you can also do coaching.there are so many coaching Institutes giving preparations for CAT Exam.

##coaching centers---TIME and career launcher are the two famous institutes for preparation for CAT.

##Books to prepare from "the study material"--->>for this you should focus on Books like TMH publications and many others.
Books for CAT

## you should be analytical in your approach for preparing the subjects, logical thinking is very essential to prepare for such tough exams.

hope this helped

with regards
roknits
17th July 2012, 09:21 PM
priyankasree

B.Com can get you a basic job in auditing etc but wont take you long. Aim for an MBA after B.com or add some other skills like computing etc to add on to B.Com
17th May 2013, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

My name is vishnu.Iwant to study Bcom in AMRITA VISHWAVIDHYA PEEDAM UNIVERSITY(Deemed university).Is it a good option or not.Is there any other college better than amrita in Kerala?
4th April 2014, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

i'm shivi . i've just completed 12th board exam this year . now i'm in dilemma as to which course should i take ? i'm taking part in cpt exam but still i think that i won't be able to crack it . far more better if you kindly suggest me several options in the field of commerce so that i may get job better .
11th September 2016, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

Please get your english right first and then think about going into IIM
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?