26th May 2011, 06:53 AM
vijay.vs

BCA or Diploma in ECE: better course for a girl after 12th with commerce with 84% marks?

I am saranya from tamilnadu..i got 84% marks in +2 (commerce group). I want to join a job oriented valuable course.. I choose BCA and Diploma in electronics communication engineering.. Which one is better for girls?

26th May 2011, 11:56 AM
Ankur agrawal

Default Re: BCA or Diploma in ECE: better course for a girl after 12th with commerce with 84% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.vs View Post
I am saranya from tamilnadu..i got 84% marks in +2 (commerce group). I want to join a job oriented valuable course.. I choose BCA and Diploma in electronics communication engineering.. Which one is better for girls?
Hiii,

According to you have done your 12th examination with commerce group so you cannot jion the ECE...

and if you search job oriented course so join the course related to CA or do preparation for CA ..

You have secured 84% is the good record shows you are a brillient student..

Good Luck..
ankur
26th May 2011, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: BCA or Diploma in ECE: better course for a girl after 12th with commerce with 84% marks?

which diploma colleges are good after 10Th?
26th May 2011, 01:21 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

according to me you should choose BCA after scoring 84% of marks in the 12th board exam
as you had Commerce in your 12th standard that would help you understanding the subjects easily in the BCA degree to a good extent
and also there is no filed work (physical work) in the jobs related to the BCA degree and whenever you get the job you are to work in Air conditioners rooms ...
26th May 2011, 01:57 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Both the options that you have mentioned seem good and will give you good career prospects. It is always advisable to go in for graduation. So its better not to take up the diploma. BCA is a good option but you have faired well in the commerce stream. It is advisable for you to continue in the same stream. You can take up courses like CA, ICWAI along with it. The prospects after these will also be good.
26th May 2011, 02:26 PM
SKUMAR76

Hello
After Completing Your I. Com (Comerce) with 84 % of marks you will trying for Chartered Accountancy or BCA only. it is totally depends on your personal. But I suggest you to You go With C.A. from reputed institutuion.
26th May 2011, 02:46 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello Saranya,
Bachelors in Computer Application is far better than diploma in ECE in every aspect.
A degree program is always better than diploma. If you hold a bachelors degree, you will be eligible for most of the jobs offered by government bodies. Being a bachelors degree holder, you will always have the option to go for masters in your field of expertise which will make you competent for the private sector jobs.
Career in computer applications or related fields is more favorable for girls. Its true that in the present scenario, there is not much difference between boys and girls but still, compared to ECE, BCA is more suitable.
ECE is not a bad choice at all provided you pursue it as a degree program and not as a diploma course.
26th May 2011, 06:56 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

You got very good marks in your 12th class with commerce stream now your career is different with the diploma in ECE and BCA.

BCA is computer application course and you will have to study the programming languages and some computer subject, accounting, maths. It’s a technical professional and has lot of demand in multinational companies. After BCA you can do MCA and can make your career in software, banking, defence, railway, private sector.

On the other hand side ECE is also a job oriented course and you have to study lot of about the communication. This course is not related to your 12th class but even though you can do this course.

Now according to your commerce stream BCA course is better then the other courses. Now ready for taking admission in the BCA University or colleges.

ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR BRIGHT FUTURE
26th May 2011, 07:10 PM
mandiv

hello...
dear now a days there is a tough competition between girls and boys...ther is no such hard and fast rule for courses for girls or boys.
well... BCA is much better ...after that you may do MCA and can get a bright future with a good placement...
therefore go for BCA from a well reputed university...
all the best
28th May 2011, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Hello i m megha from meerut i have scored 64% marks in 2 n mah score in informatics practices is 70. I have learned c , visual basic and java latest version and is highly interested in doing BCA,MCA & then MBA but the obstacle is some of mah family members consider dis course as the last option moreoover,i had not opted maths in 2 can u please suggest me the name of some colleges in which dese courses are provided n even is dis course better for me 2 opt or not cz m very much interested in obtaining ds degree.
28th May 2011, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Helo ds is megha from meerut i have scored 64% in 2 and nw looking foward to join BCA course. I have scored 70% marks in informatics practices. I have also learned c ,visual basic & java latest version. Can u plz mention the name of some colleges in which dis course is offered. My further plan after completing dis course is to do MCA & MBA bt the hurdle is dat maths s required 4 joining dis course. So, is it possible 4 me 2 join dis course without mathematics & if not then i should opt 4 dis course or not.
30th May 2011, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

hi i am shruthi can i join B.C.A after completing diploma in E.C.E
31st May 2011, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

i am pass 2 commerce... can i get bca?
2nd June 2011, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

i am completed in diploma(X standard) can i join BCA
11th June 2011, 07:15 AM
shlrao
Senior Member+

yes after the commerce you are eligibile to do BCA bute you have also secure minimum marks. now some university has make the rule to take the entrance exam if you have not studyed math or any computer subject in your 12th class.
11th June 2011, 06:25 PM
amit gaur054

My dear friend...........
i think, you should choose BCA after scoring 84% of marks in the 12th board exam
as you had Commerce in your 12th standard that would help you understanding the subjects easily in the BCA degree to a good extent
and also there is no filed work (physical work) in the jobs related to the BCA degree and whenever you get the job you are to work in Air conditioners rooms ...

all the best
13th July 2011, 05:20 PM
Mohit RDS

Default BCA is better

BCA is better
15th March 2012, 11:06 AM
jobsick

Both the options that you have mentioned seem good and will give you good career prospects. It is always advisable to go in for graduation. So its better not to take up the diploma. BCA is a good option but you have faired well in the commerce stream. It is advisable for you to continue in the same stream. You can take up courses like CA, ICWAI along with it. The prospects after these will also be good.
14th July 2012, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

I am pranav from kerala.i have passed 2 computer science with 72% marks. Now which is good for of that diploma in mechanical engineering or BCA
2nd June 2013, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Is BCA comfortable/profittable for a science student(girl) aftr 10 2.?
If not,then which course is better/job securing.?
5th July 2013, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

after 10th diploma in ECE or commerce which is best option for bright future for girl ?
1st June 2014, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

i m pass h.s in comarce strme ...i m confused what can i do in BCA or polytacnic deploma...what can i do..??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?