12th April 2018, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

BCom(H) or BCA(H), which one to opt for studying Computer Applications?

Respected Sir, I have completed my 12th with Commerce stream. I have a keen interest in Computer Applications. But I am very much confused whether to choose BCom(H) or to go with BCA(H) course. So, please tell me which one I should take so that I can study Computer Applications. Thank you!

14th April 2018, 03:54 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: BCom(H) or BCA(H), which one to opt for studying Computer Applications?

If you are interested in Computer Application oriented course then it is best to pursue BCA course.

BCA is Bachelor in Computer Application and the it is three year duration course.

So, as per my opinion i will suggest you to pursue BCA instead of B.Com if you are interested in computer application.
15th April 2018, 11:05 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: BCom(H) or BCA(H), which one to opt for studying Computer Applications?

Since you are interested in Computer Applications so there is no doubt that you should opt BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) degree course which is a computer-based course with good career scope in software world rather than B.Com ( Bachelor of Commerce ) degree course.

For pursuing BCA degree course the minimum education required is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board. Further, for admission in few colleges, Mathematics is required as the main subject at Class 12th level.
15th April 2018, 11:15 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to study Computer Applications course after completion of your 12th standard, you have to choose BCA course instead of B.Com course. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing BCA course, you should have passed 12th standard with Mathematics as one of the subject from a Government recognised board. Since, you have chosen Commerce stream in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing BCA course and you are eligible to study B.Com course.
15th April 2018, 12:09 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. Students who have done 12th from commerce stream are eligible for Bachelor of Computer Application. The eligibility criteria is 12th with English as compulsory subject.

But if you have not studied Mathematics at 12th level then you can not pursue MCA course later on.

2. If you are interested in BCA course then without hesitation, you should select this stream at graduation level.
15th April 2018, 03:42 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Since you are interested in pursuing computer application so no doubt you will have to opt for BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Applications ) rather than B.Com.

BCA is a professional undergraduate degree course of three years which deals with computer programming and application studies with a very good scope in the software world and hence you need to opt for BCA degree course if you are interested in studying computer application.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?