19th September 2015, 02:30 AM
Unregistered

Being 29 years old can I appear in UPSC exams 2016?

Sir I am born in 1986 sep 1 can I attend next year that is 2016 upsc exams plzzz given me reply, I have completed btech in 2008 ,with 2nd class

19th September 2015, 05:49 AM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being 29 years old can I appear in UPSC exams 2016?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in UPSC Civil Services exams 2016.

For apply UPSC Civil Services exam the age should be between 21 years to 30 years for General category candidates.

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years

And SC/ST category candidates 5 years.

For apply UPSC Civil Services exam the minimum Education qualification is Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.
19th September 2015, 12:33 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in UPSC Examinations when you belong to reserved category. You will complete 30 years of age by 1st September 2016. If you belong to reserved category i.e., any of the following OBC, SC, ST, Ex-Servicemen or PWD Category, then I am sure you are certainly eligible to appear in UPSC Examination 2016. On the other hand, if you belong to General or Unreserved category, then it depends on the following cases. If the age is concerned as on August 2016, then you are certainly eligible to appear in Union Public Service Commission Examination even though you belong to General Category. No, problem you are eligible as far as your educational qualification is concerned and there is no certain minimum percentage is required in order to be eligible. The basic educational qualification required is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree PASS from a recognized university.
19th September 2015, 12:49 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and it is not a name of a particular examination rather it is a commission that conducts different examinations for recruitment in Central government services.

Basically UPSC examination is used to resemble the civil services examination held for the recruitment in administrative field and so will be in your case.

To be eligible for Civil Services examination one needs to have the qualifications given here under:-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* As per recent circular your age must be within in 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Otherwise there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course or must be in the final year of same degree course with any discipline of your choice from a recognized university. Aggregate in the same degree does not matters.

Hence being 29 years old and bachelor of technology degree holder you are eligible for the Civil Services examination 2016 which will be held in the August 2016 as per the UPSC 2016 calendar.

The examination is organized in three stages which are called as Preliminary test,
Mains and Personal interview respectively.

Also the maximum attempts provided for clearing the same examination varies categorywise as it is 6 for general, 9 for OBC and no limits for SC/ST categories.

For any further queries associated with Civil Services examination you must log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
19th September 2015, 12:56 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible to appear for the UPSC examination in the 2016. The civil services examination is conducted by the UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-32 years and relaxation in the age for the reserved category.

The examination is conducted in the three stages and the candidates have to qualify in all the stages for the final selection. The examination is conducted in the month of August for the first stage. Also the application form for the examination is available from the month of April.

For more information visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
19th September 2015, 06:24 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts various exams like Civil Services Exam, IES Exam, NDA Exam, CDS Exam, SCRA Exam,etc. for recruitment in various departments of India.

Being a 29 year old graduate candidate,you can apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam and IES Exam .

The eligibility criteria for Civil Services Exam are following:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized college or university with any percentage.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general category.Age is relaxed for OBC by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The selection procedure consists of three stages,namely;

* Preliminary Examination (Objective Type),

* Mains Examination (Conventional Type),

* Personal Interview & Group Discussion.

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services.

The eligibility criteria for IES exam are following:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate must have completed a Bachelor's degree in Engineering(B.E./B.Tech) from a recognized university or equivalent.

-The age limit of candidate should be from 21 years to 30 years as on the 1st August of the year of the examination.However,there is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidate and 5 years for SC/ST candidate.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 for General candidates under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process is conducted in the three Stages;

*Preliminary Examination,

*Main Examination,

*Personal Interview.
19th September 2015, 08:03 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Age Limit- Age limit to apply for civil services is from 21 to 30 years as on 21st August of the year of examination.
The upper age is relaxed for 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC and ST.

No. of attempts : 4 for General
7 for obc and no limit for sc and st students
19th September 2015, 11:51 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts large number of entrance exams at the national level like Civil Services examination, Combined Defense Services, NDA/NA entrance exam etc. You must mention the specific name of entrance exam for which you want the eligibility criteria.

As far as I am concerned, you must be asking about the Civil Services examination conducted by the UPSC every year for the IAS, IPS, IRS etc. For this exam, a candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. As you have done bachelor's degree in technology with second class, so you are eligible in terms of academic qualification.

The age limit for general category candidates is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST respectively.

Hence, you can apply for the exam at the of 29 years that will be conducted in 2016. The notification for the exam will come on 23/04/2016. After that you can apply for the exam at www.upsconline.nic.in.
20th September 2015, 12:23 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for the UPSC Civil Services exam is:

~~Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

~~The age limit for the general category is 21-32 years. For OBC it is 21-35 years and for SC/ST candidates it is 21-37 years.

So, you are eligible to appear for the UPSC CSE 2016 at the age of 29 years.

Official website for any more details: www.upsc.gov.in.
29th December 2015, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Can a dual degree holder (B.tech M.tech) 5 year course may apply for IAS ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?