13th August 2018, 08:07 PM
chirunaini

Being in 3rd semester of B.Ed, am I eligible for CTET?

Currently, I am pursuing B.Ed 3rd semester from Osmania University. Can I apply for Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) now or do I have wait till the completion of my B.Ed?

14th August 2018, 09:57 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being in 3rd semester of B.Ed, am I eligible for CTET?

No being in 3rd semester of B.Ed you are not eligible to appear in CTET examination. The candidate must have completed B Ed in order to appear in CTET examination and candidates who are in 4th semester are also eligible.
14th August 2018, 10:17 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test and it is held for recruitment of teachers in any CBSE affiliated private or government schools.

Being a student of 3rd semester of B.Ed ( Bachelor of Education ) degree course i.e; B.Ed final year student, you are certainly eligible for appearing in CTET if you have completed your regular bachelor's degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks ( or 45% marks in case of reserved category ) course from a recognized university as students pursuing final year of B.Ed degree course are eligible to appear in CTET.

For more details regarding CTET eligibility conditions, you can refer to the link www.ctet.nic.in.
15th August 2018, 08:53 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, candidate pursuing in 3rd semester of B.Ed course then you are not eligible to appear for CTET.

CTET is conducted by CBSE. The eligibility to appear in examination is that ;-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university and have passed B.Ed qualification.

Candidates in the final semester can appear for examination. So, you are not eligible to appear in examination while pursuing in 3rd semester course.

To get more information visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
15th August 2018, 09:12 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test. CTET is conducted for primary and secondary school teaching job.

For Secondary school teaching job, the minimum academic qualification required is bachelor's degree in any stream and Bachelor of education from a recognized university. You can not apply for this exam while studying in third semester in B.Ed course.
15th August 2018, 10:57 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

CTET is Central Eligibility Test. It is conducted by CBSE. The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed B.Ed from a recognised university.

3rd semester candidates are not eligible to appear in examination. Candidates in final semester (4th semester ) are eligible to appear in examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
15th August 2018, 05:59 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

CTET is Central Teacher Eligibility Test and it is conducted by CBSE for recruitment as teacher in government schools.

B.Ed is the requisite qualification to appear for CTET examination. So, you have to complete your B.Ed qualification if you want to get recruitment as TGT or PGT.

Candidates pursuing in 3rd semester of B.Ed course are not eligible to appear in examination.
15th August 2018, 10:14 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you were in last semester then you can apply for CTET entrance test as because appearing candidates are also eligible. But you have mentioned that you are in 3rd semester then you are not eligible to apply.
24th September 2021, 04:47 AM
Unregistered

I have taken admission into B.Ed as batch 2020 -2022
But due to corona exams were delayed
Till now second semester exams were not conducted

Can I apply for CTET
25th May 2022, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

I have completed 3 sem I am eligible for ctet
9th August 2022, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 3rd semester bcom with 75percentt can i apply for tet exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?