5th June 2018, 01:04 AM
MohdMeharban

Is it beneficial to study BTech in a Private college?

Hello Sir/Madam, I have given JEE Main and I want to secure admission in BTech course with Electrical Engineering program. I didn't secure good rank in my JEE Main. So, I am planning to study BTech in any private college. So, is it beneficial for me to study in a private college?

6th June 2018, 12:23 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it beneficial to study BTech in a Private college?

As, you have not scored better marks in Joint Entrance Examination you are not eligible to get admission in government colleges.

So, if you want to pursue the B.Tech course, then only option is to take admission in any private college affiliated with AICTE for technical course.

Yes, there are many private institute who have good faculty, infrastructure, and placement cell.
6th June 2018, 11:36 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that after passing 12th standard one must try to secure seat in Government College in order to pursue BTech and if by chance you do not get successful then you should take admission in any private college offering B tech course. It is beneficial to study B tech in any government college but if one does not get that chance then you should seek admission in good private college and try to secure good marks so that you can get good job opportunities.
7th June 2018, 12:08 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it will be beneficial if you study B.Tech in private college.

In government & private college the education system and concepts you learn will be same there will not much difference between the colleges. The fee structure will be high in private colleges when compared to government colleges.

Since you have decided to study in private college it will be helpful if you study it in a reputed and well recognized university because if you study in reputed college the chances of placements will be high, quality of education & facilities given will be good so that you can gain good knowledge and become a good engineer.
There are many private colleges in India. Choose a best college and study B.Tech and become a good engineer.
9th June 2018, 06:40 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

As you haven't secure good AIR in JEE Main exam, so it would be difficult for you to get admission into a decent government engineering college.

However, you can get admission in a private engineering institute.

Yes, it is better to take admission into a private institute than waiting for another year for getting admission in government college.

Before taking admission in any private institute, please check properly the placements records, affiliation status of that institute. After completing your graduation, you can get jobs on the basis of your skills.
17th June 2018, 10:59 AM
xJhinukx

With a poor rank in JEE , it is probably not possible to get into a decent government engineering college at least with an electrical engineering program. However you may try other options like information technology. But if electrical engineering is absolutely one stream you want to pursue , then there are many good private engineering college options available in our country and some of them are not even that costly. Heritage institute of technology is to name one of them. The campusing is pretty fine and you can get a decent job with your knowledge and smartness.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?