31st October 2015, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

Which is better after Diploma? Which will give me a better future?

Hey guys.

I'm currently studying towards my Diploma in Civil Engineering and I have no idea what to do after I complete my Diploma. I was thinking of going for a B Tech right away but my class mates argue that it will be difficult to get a job since I'll be lacking experience and demanding higher salary. Which actually is a good option? Job or B Tech?

31st October 2015, 06:29 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better after Diploma? Which will give me a better future?

From my point of view, you must go for the bachelor of technology course after completion of diploma in civil engineering as it will provide you better platform for career and job opportunities.

You will not be able to get good job with handsome salary after diploma in civil engineering, so B.Tech after diploma is a better choice. You can apply for the Joint Entrance Examination mains for the bachelor's degree in civil engineering from institutes like NITs and other government engineering colleges.

Other than JEE mains, you can also apply for the Lateral Entry entrance test for admission in directly second year of engineering. For this exam, you must have at least 60% marks in diploma.

During your final year of engineering, you can apply for the GATE exam for PSUs jobs, Indian Engineering Services exam etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?