26th February 2012, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Which is a better choice for me of doing Job between Public sector and Private sector? Which Companies I will be paid more?

I am studying civil engineering final year. sir, pls tell me whether its better to go for a private company or for a government job? what are the advantages and disadvantages of both sides ? who is paying more ?

Related Questions:
  1. What will be the scope for Girls in PSUs after completion of B.Tech in IT?
  2. Should I switch over to private sector(TCS) while working in Public Sector companies?
  3. Job in private sector based on experience in public sector?
  4. How to join core sectors like power after finishing B.Tech from EEE department
  5. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available(In public sector and private sector companies) for production engineering students?
  6. Government/Public sector job after completing MCA with 1 year experience in private IT sector?
  7. Will backlogs be any problem for me to get jobs in private and public sector? Which coaching should I join for Public Sector jobs?
  8. Scope in accounting field and finance market?
  9. What are the jobs that I can get after completing BSc computers? What is the salary?
  10. How can I find a suitable job in private and public sector after doing B.Tech in ECE stream?
  11. How many public and private sector companies are there in India?
  12. Which course is better between ETC and Electrical and Electronics Engineering? What is the salary package?
  13. Is BTech.(IT) equivalent to B.Tech. (CS)? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. What kind of job can I expect in both private and public sector after completing M.Tech in Environmental Engineering? How much package will I receive?
  15. How much package can I get after passing Chemical Engineering from HBTI Kanpur?
  16. What is the salary of a mechanical engineer?
  17. What can i do after passing B.Tech? I want to take CSE in B.Tech
  18. Will I be able to get job in core companies? -- [New]
26th February 2012, 10:18 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is a better choice for me of doing Job between Public sector and Private sector? Which Companies I will be paid more?

It is always a better choice to join in Government Job rather than joining in private job.

The main reason for this is Job security. You will have high level of job security in Government Jobs but not in private jobs.

In private companies, as long as the company gains profits and good revenues, they will pay nicely to the employees. But once, if there is any downfall of company profits and revenues because of changes in the market, obviously, the employees will not be paid regular salaries and sometimes they will be eliminated out of company.

Such kind of problems will not be there for the kind of employees in public sector companies.

As per other benefits like Provident fund, Gratutity and Peformance Bonus will almost be same for the candidates of employees of public sector companies and private sector companies.

But, there are less number of openings for Civil Engineers in public sector companies and no body will not have exact idea of when the public sector companies will come for to announce the notification for the recruitment of Civil Engineers.

In addition, there is a high competition for various job positions in public sector companies.

Try to be read to relocate to anywhere in India. Because, civil engineers will be given job opportunities anywhere in India.

So, try to join in the job which ever you get. Get some experience and make a note of openings for civil engineers all over India.

Try to apply for the one which best suit your profile after getting some experience. Wish you all the best.
26th February 2012, 10:34 PM
simmi9044

Default Re: Which is a better choice for me of doing Job between Public sector and Private sector? Which Companies I will be paid more?

Government provided
employment is a way to
spend public money/
taxpayer money, hopefully to
provide the public with
certain services that the private sector cannot provide
(foreign and domestic
security, health and education,
infrastructure etc.) As for everything else (like
banking and industry), all that
the government needs to do is
set up pro-per regulations and
then get out of the way, not
do the actual jopbs that provate sector can do in a
more efficient manner.
26th February 2012, 11:03 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

There is too difficult question you ask because
you ask for Public sector and Private sector job

Here i ask for this

First Public sector or Govt. job is very secureand good salary

But in private sector job Salary is more than Public sector but you have no secure jobs...

So in my point of view if you have public sector jobs then you move for Public sector jobs your career is bright.......
26th February 2012, 11:09 PM
priyanka_22

Smile Re: Which is a better choice for me of doing Job between Public sector and Private sector? Which Companies I will be paid more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying civil engineering final year. sir, pls tell me whether its better to go for a private company or for a government job? what are the advantages and disadvantages of both sides ? who is paying more ?
Dear,

For your course i.e Civil Engineering there are better prospects if you get opportunity in private sector companies as Majesty n all.

If you seriously plan for Private Sector there are a lot options in Gurgaon you must approach there.

These days private sector companies provide a lot of good packages which if a person invest safely can secure his future, am telling this as you asked between Public Sector or Private Sector .

And coz Govt. or Public Sector jobs are supposed to be most secured but quite less paying and not much hikes you can frequently.

Still , last decision is yours . Wish you best Luck for future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?