20th January 2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Books to be referred to prepare for CAT to get into IIM?

Hi. I have completed B.Tech IT and working in a software company. I wanted to get through in CAT and i dont have time to go to coaching centers... can anyone say which books will be good to prepare and is experience an added advantage in admissions or placements? And how come,elaborate?

21st January 2012, 07:29 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Books to be referred to prepare for CAT to get into IIM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi. I have completed B.Tech IT and working in a software company. I wanted to get through in CAT and i dont have time to go to coaching centers... can anyone say which books will be good to prepare and is experience an added advantage in admissions or placements? And how come,elaborate?
BEST BOOKS FOR CAT EXAM
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]

CAT Topic-wise 17 Year Solved Papers
by
Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication (2012)

Quantitative Aptitude
by
R. S. Aggarwal
Publisher: S.Chand Publishing (2010)

Verbal Ability For CAT
by
MBAGuru
Publisher: cengage Learning (2011)

Verbal Ability For The CAT
by
Sujit Kumar
Publisher: Pearson (2011)

I have attached the MBA question paper so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cat-2007-Paper-Set-222.pdf(61.1 KB, 572 views)
File Type: pdf Cat-2007-Set-222-Solution.pdf(61.1 KB, 351 views)
File Type: pdf CAT-2008-Analysis-by-Career-Launcher.pdf(61.1 KB, 327 views)
File Type: pdf CAT-2008-Analysis-by-TCYonline.pdf(60.9 KB, 270 views)
21st January 2012, 04:57 PM
Mechanical Rai

Lightbulb Re: Books to be referred to prepare for CAT to get into IIM?

Quote:
books for cat
Quant Aptitude by Tata Magraw Hill , Author:Arun Sharma
Quantitative Aptitude for CAT from Pearson by Nishit Sinha
R.S. Agarawal books on verbal reasoning.
and you can read newspapers like
the hindu
the economic times
21st January 2012, 05:54 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

The Best book for CAT exam.

1.Quantitative ability by O.P Sinhal books and NCERT books of 9th to 12th
standard.

2.Logical reasoning and data interpretation by Arun Sharma.

3.Verbal Ability by Wren and Marten book.

By Arun Sharma

By Munner

By Prasad

By Sharma
21st January 2012, 06:23 PM
poisondart
Member+

Quote:
Quantitative Aptitude Recommended books for CAT
1.Start with Arun sharma (Simple and easy to understand...recommended for those who are starting their CAT preparation ).
Book Name:Quant Aptitude by Tata Magraw Hill , Author:Arun Sharma
2.If you feel your Quantitative Aptitude is pretty decent but you want to make it more stronger then you can follow :
Abhijit Guha's book:Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations Tips, Techniques, And Short-cut Methods by Guha Abhijit
Please note that the Above book by Guha has lots of tips & tricks, so refer this book only if you have sufficient time left for your preparation.As it takes time to get along with the tips and tricks.
3.Even the "Quantitative Aptitude for CAT from Pearson by Nishit Sinha" is a nice book

Data Interpretation Recommended books for CAT
1.TMH How To Prepare For The Data Interpretation And Logical Reasoning For The CAT 3rd Edition by Arun Sharma
2.Nishit Sinha's DI LR book by Pearson
3.Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Exams by Guha Abhijit
4. R.S. Agarawal books on verbal reasoning.

Verbal Ability Recommended books for CAT
1. Student's Companion By Wilfred D. Best
2. English PLUS I.C.S.E. For Class 10 by Xavier Pinto
3. Wren and Martin English Grammar
4. Word Power Made Easy by NORMAN LEWIS
5. VERBAL ABILITY BY ARUN SHARMA
6. English Proficiency IMS India
7. A Communicative Grammar of English By: Geoffrey Leech
8. Business English and Communication By: Clark
9. 30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary by Wilfred Funk and Norman Lewis.

Recommended Business Magazines for CAT

1.Business Line by The Hindu Group
2.Business Today by India Today Group
3.BusinessWorld
4.Management Compass Career Launcher
5.Business & Management Chronicle by Chronicle Publications
6.Competition Success Review
7th July 2012, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

sir i wanna to ask u a question...........if i give 5 to 6 hour's daily of two year's for prepration of cat then, can i get IIM?
HOW MANY HOUR'S(DAILY)REQUIRED FOR PREPRATION OF CAT TO GET IIM?
8th July 2012, 01:44 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Reference Books for CAT Exam:

Publisher: Pearson
Author: Trishna

Author : Deepak And Shipra Agarwal

Author : Avinash Agarwal, Shipra Agarwal

Author : Pt Education Ltd

Author : Time
16th July 2013, 08:06 PM
megayounus786

Quote:

CAT Eligibility

The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category)], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if he/she submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2013 from the Principal/Registrar of his/her College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2013) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website www.catiim.in. Applicants should note that the mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by IIMs.
Prospective candidates must maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?