13th June 2013, 01:03 AM
RG2607

Which branch is best for me between Mechanical and CS?

I got 75% in class 12.
Which branch is best for me Mechanical or Cs?

13th June 2013, 07:17 AM
amit8570861100
Member+

Default Re: Which branch is best for me between Mechanical and CS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG2607 View Post
I got 75% in class 12.
Both the branches have good scope in future but computer science lost its reputation little bit in the previous years. Mechanical is the best branch of engineering in now adays. The starting average salary is around 29,000. Mechanical has most scope in govt. Job from all the branches.
i advise you to choose mechanical. But you have to choose branch according to your interest.
13th June 2013, 09:01 AM
atikurrehmankhan

mechanical helpful in entering core sector, difficut initially to get a job, its a evergreen branch, CS to get job is easier, initially not more income.
13th June 2013, 09:38 AM
vidze

First you should know the main difference between Mechanical and Computer Engineering :So difference is

Mechanical is mostly about physical components, materials, motion, tolerances, CG, inertia, thermal, vibration, and computer aided design of machines.
Electrical has to do with the electron, current, conductors, circuits, components, board design, applications, power distribution
Computer engineering is about the hardware in digital equipment, firmware, and a lot of programs

So you should go with your interest.If you are interested in Computer more then you can make good career in Computer else Mechanical but Mechanical Engineering is more in demand. So if you see the latest scope and demand then you should opt for Mechanical Engineering.

You will also make great money in Mechanical Engineering,But if you are going outside India then you should go for Computer Engineering because computers make great in other countries.Mechanical Engineers are in great demand in Germany So you can think of that also.But for India I more prefer to Mechanical Engineering and especially for Boys it is great field and dont think of jobs.If you do with better marks then I assure you that you will get great jobs of around 2.5 to 3.5 lacs per annum as starting salary.

For More details you can see various sites as shown below:

Detailed Description of Mechanical Engineering
13th June 2013, 02:41 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

I will always rate Mechanical over Computer Science any given day. Especially these days when software market is showing signs of slowdown. Leading software companies like Infosys are not doing well. This affects the job prospect.

No such issue in the Mechanical Engineering which is one of the safest branches of Bachelor of Technology. You will have good options in private as well government sector.

Between the two branches, Mechanical offers huge advantage in the government sector. Nearly all the Public Sector Undertakings require Mechanical Engineers and at the same time you can appear for the Indian Engineering Service entrance exam.

To apply for the Mechanical Engineering you will have to clear one of the several entrance exams for Engineering. You can appear for the following entrance exams:

JEE

UPSEE

BITSAT

GUJ-CET

Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) is now conducted for admission in All India seats for Engineering as well IIT-JEE. From this year, JEE has replaced two entrance exams, AIEEE and IIT-JEE.

JEE has two stages. The JEE Mains is conducted for 15% of All India level engineering seats which means it is replacement for AIEEE. Those who want admission in IITs have to appear for JEE Advanced as well.

To appear for JEE Advanced, you must be inside top 150,000 who cleared the JEE Mains. You are eligible for the JEE entrance exam.

You will have to complete Mechanical Engineering to be eligible for the Indian Engineering Service entrance exam. The requirement is only B.Tech degree. However for Public Sector Undertaking, you will have to clear the degree with 60 percent marks.

Apart from that you will also have to appear for the Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering also known as GATE.
13th June 2013, 07:33 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

As far as Engineering course is concerned, there are good number of job opportunities for the candidates after completion of Engineering with any of the stream like

Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Computer Science Engineering
Information Technology
Aeronautical Engineering
Electrical and Electronics Engineering etc.

As per your query, I suggest you to join the one in which you are having more interest between Mechanical and Computer Science Engineering.

But one thing I can say you is Mechanical Engineering is ever green course.

Irrespective of the market conditions, there are good number of job opportunities for the candidates after completion of this course.

But the Computer Science is not like that. You have to learn the technology which is in demand and which has newly emerged into the market. Then only you will be able to get job in this field.

I have seen number of candidates who are taking excellent salaries in the early stages of their career only in this field.

Not only that, I have also seen number of candidates who have completed CSE and IT streams in Engineering but not able to get the jobs after 2 years also.

Such a kind of volatile boom is there for CSE stream.

If you have want to have challenging career, then make entry into this field.

If you don't want to take too many risks in getting job, then join Mechanical Engineering.

Whichever the course you join, try to get admission for that course in top colleges, then there will be good scope for you to get job opportunities.

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
14th June 2013, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

Hello Friend, There never comes a Question which branch is best,because it's all about ur interest.If u r interested in computers,want to learn more in com. then cs is better but if u think u don't want to learn com.languages then u can opt for other as u wish.
15th June 2013, 12:21 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Both these streams are good. Mechanical engineering deals with the study of machine parts, production structures, the instrumentation and control of processes. CS on the other hand is all about software programming, computer architecture, operating systems, networking, and so on. CS degree allows you to have a rewarding job in IT field, as software programmer, system administrator, system analyst, etc. Mechanical Engineering graduates are usually recruited in railways, PSU like BHEL and BEL, and in central government departments.
15th June 2013, 07:26 PM
Chirag17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG2607 View Post
I got 75% in class 12.
Hi friend,

>> Mechanical and Computer Both Branch is Good. But I think Best is Mechanical and you choose a Mechanical. Because, mechanical engineering is evergreen branch.

>> You should choose a Mechanical engineering you have a great job opportunity and you are got a good salary packages.

>> This time most of company required a mechanical engineer and future mechanical engineer demand is good.

>> So, I think you should choose a mechanical engineering. i hope it is Helpful for you.

Best of luck
16th June 2013, 12:20 AM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

Both the branches has its own importance

As compare more private jobs are available for CS branch

More number of government jobs is there for ME branch

So depending on your selection go for the course.

Thank you,

All the best.
21st August 2013, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Which one is more better IT branch of mnnit allhabad(aieee) or ME of IET Lucknow (upsee)
21st August 2013, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

Which one is more better IT branch of MNNIT Allhabad(aieee) or ME of IET Lucknow(uptu).
15th September 2013, 04:11 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

According to me Mechanical and Computer science engineering both are good branches.Both branches have many chances in their respected areas.Mechanical engineering have little greater chances in government sector whereas computer science students have little greater chances in private sector than mechanical engineering.The salaries in computer science are high compared to mechanical engineering,but jobs in software field are quite uncertain.
So if you want more salary per month you can take software field.But if you want certainty in the job rather higher salaries you can take mechanical engineering.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALL THE BEST
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?