21st July 2012, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

How to opt for EC? Can I choose EC branch? I have done Mechanical

i have mechanical branch in my first year but there is no placement of mechanical here so i wanted to opt for e.c can i opt for ec branch as ec placement is still satisfying here. i am studying in jaipur national university and please tell me the competitive exams of e.c .....plzzzz

25th November 2012, 12:01 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to opt for EC? Can I choose EC branch? I have done Mechanical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have mechanical branch in my first year but there is no placement of mechanical here so i wanted to opt for e.c can i opt for ec branch as ec placement is still satisfying here. i am studying in jaipur national university and please tell me the competitive exams of e.c .....plzzzz
Dear,

Yes you can change your branch after 1st year if you are not satisfied with the present branch. It mostly depends on number of seats available and if EC student too wants to get some other course and you can get a seat of him or her.

If your marks are above 70% and you have no back in 1st year you chances will be high. You have to write an application to you HOD for the same. Also you need to request personally for it as lots of politics involved with branch changing process. Obviously nothing is proper and straight in India.

However you should also not depend too much on your campus placement and expect from college that it will provide you opportunities to top companies. Better to make your own effort. Mechanical or EC e-litmus is the exam you need to give for better opportunity and guaranteed chance for placement.
You can get more information about it easily on net.

Both mechanical and EC have good chances in public sectors also like- BHEL,GAIL,IOCL,NTPC etc. You can try for that too. It would be better if you work on improving your own capabilities rather than comparing your college's statistics about past placements and other things. If you are deserving you will go high whether your college provide you the opportunity or not.

Best of luck!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?