11th September 2011, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Can 3rd year students eligible to get a Software Job?

please resolve my doubt.
Are 3rd year students eligible to get a software job?

Related Questions:
  1. How to get a software job with 79% aggregate till 3rd year of B.Tech? Is there any use with the more aggregate in B.Tech? How can I get a software job? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Madurai Kamaraj University BCA- 3rd Year Software Engineering Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  3. After B.Tech. is it better to go for job or higher education?
  4. Is it possible for me to get any software job in Bangalore after completion of BCA course?
  5. Software Training project for 15-20 days in BHEL for B.Tech(ME) 3rd year student?
  6. List of the software companies in Pune offering training for 3rd year CSE students of engineering
  7. How to do internship in any software company during summer vacatin? What are the companies offering internship for 3rd year students? I have scored 81.28% in B.Tech
  8. Eligibility criteria and software skills required to get job in HCL Technologies for ECE 3rd year student? -- [New]
  9. How can a B.Sc 3rd year student with 58% marks in 12th std get a job?
  10. How can I get job after completing my B.Tech, I have scored 7.2 CGPA upto 3rd year?
  11. Are 3rd year engineering students eligible for CAT entrance?
  12. Need tips to get job in good software companies just after B.Tech?
  13. Job in software companies for a candidate secured 75% and 81% in 1st and 2nd year respectively of Polytechnic?
  14. Can I get Job in Railways being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in CSE?
  15. How to get a good software job in a good software company right after completion of B.Tech course?
  16. Which software course is best to learn for EEE students to get a better software job?
  17. If I have 1 year gap between 12th and B.Tech will I be eligible for campus placements?
  18. Detailed information regarding M.Sc. Electronics & Telecommunications course?
11th September 2011, 08:13 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can 3rd year students eligible to get a Software Job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
please resolve my doubt.
dear friend,

Sorry to say dear maximum software allow placement in 4th year.

After 7th semester you are eligible for placement.

If your academic marks is is overall 60% above then you are eligible for maximum software company.

But you must have not any pending backlog .

So prepare well for your placement.

All the best
11th September 2011, 08:38 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Can 3rd year students eligible to get a Software Job?

Quote:
please resolve my doubt.

3RD YEAR STUDENT ELIGIBLE FOR SOFTWARE JOB???

For 4-5 years back the campus placement in college used to start by the start of 3rd year, so by the end of 3rd year mostly all the students will have a job in their hand ( which is software job in most of the cases )...

-> But now things are changed for the past 2 years the campus placement was very low and it started only by the end of 4th year of college...

-> And now in present the campus placement have started back again as normal.. so now campus placement are starting by the start of 4th year....

-> So you cannot expect a job by 3rd year but for sure in the start of 4th year or by the end of your college i.e before passing out from college...

-> So prepare well for the campus placement.. you can very well start the preparation if you are in 3rd year now...

-> Just search for preparation for placements with the desired company name in our forum and you will get lot of answers for it..... if not post your query we are ready to give the best solution...

All the Best..
11th September 2011, 09:47 PM
pushpak.m90

in my college placement activity used to begin in third year but now it starts from forth year
12th September 2011, 01:01 AM
saugata2008

Eligibility criteria for software jobs -
1. Candidate should complete graduation from any recognized University .
2. Graduation with at least 60% marks.
3. Excellent communication skill .
4. No backlogs are allowed .
5. year gaps more than two are not allowed .

So according to the criteria it is clear that at least graduation es needed to apply for software jobs .

According to the new rules of maximum universities the on campus drives are are arranged only for the 4th year students .

So you have to wait till 4th year . You have time in tour hand to prepare your self for those campus drives , so work heard .

thank you
12th September 2011, 01:15 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
please resolve my doubt.
Hello,

Generally 3rd year students are not eligible to sit for campusing and so they are not eligible for any kind of jobs.
Students are allowed to sit for the campus selection on their 4th year.
So you are not eligible for software jobs.

Best Wishes...
12th September 2011, 01:59 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
No, you are not eligible for software jobs, as you are in 3rd year now..

To appear in a campus drive of any software company , one must have to be in the final year of B.tech course..
as per the new rules the giant IT companies are recruiting students from the 7th semester of B.tech. There will be no on-campusing of any software company after the 7th semester. You can apply for off-campusing of those IT companies after the 7th semester.
So, when you will be in 7th semester then you can apply for the job in software sector..
All the best.
28th November 2011, 05:04 PM
litunu

1. Candidate should complete graduation from any recognized University .
2. Graduation with at least 60% marks.
3. Excellent communication skill .
4. No backlogs are allowed .
5. year gaps more than two are not allowed .

So according to the criteria it is clear that at least graduation es needed to apply for software jobs .

According to the new rules of maximum universities the on campus drives are are arranged only for the 4th year students .

So you have to wait till 4th year
30th April 2012, 11:05 PM
nadankanan

it started only by the end of 4th year of college... And now in present the campus placement have started back again as normal.. so now campus placement are starting by the start of 4th year....
So you cannot expect a job by 3rd year but for sure in the start of 4th year or by the end of your college i.e before passing out from college
1st May 2012, 12:21 AM
saiprasad.prasad60@gmail.

Yes, the third year students are also for the software job when they have the good percentages in previous years and also there are no backlogs in previous years subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?