21st June 2011, 02:32 PM
eppa swathi

How to get a software job with 79% aggregate till 3rd year of B.Tech? Is there any use with the more aggregate in B.Tech? How can I get a software job?

hai
myself swathi,i am doing my b-tech 4th year at present.Till 3rd year my aggregate was 79%. i am much interested to do a software job.probably it was my dream.please suggest me how i can i get a job?and also tell me if there is any use of having more aggregate.

Related Questions:
  1. What importance does the software companies give to year gap in academics?
  2. Will i be able to get Job in software MNC's after my Diploma and B.Tech with 70% in aggregate?
  3. How to get a job in good software company with less than 60% aggregate in final year?
  4. What kind of job should I apply after B.Tech in IT if I am not interested in Software related job? Are there any government jobs like IAS for which I can apply?
  5. How to move towards IT sector after B.Tech? Which software companies should I join after B.Tech?
  6. Job opportunities for above 55% aggregate btech students? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How can I do MS in US after pursuing B.tech? What is the aggregate required and how much score is necessary?
  8. Will I get a job in any software company after scoring less than 60% in aggregate in B.E exam
  9. How can I get a job in software or government sector after doing Electronics and Communication?
  10. Am I eligible to get software jobs in MNCs if I have completed B.Tech from KSOU? -- [New]
  11. How may I get a job in software companies after having below 60% marks in engineering graduation?
  12. Am I eligible for Railways and Banking sector jobs being a 3rd year B.Tech student with 65% aggregate?
  13. Opportunities after BTech with 56% Aggregate?
  14. Am I eligible for Infosys or not?
  15. How to get a software job after qualifying for B.Tech with 60%
  16. Can I get job in Amdocs if secured 62.76% aggregate till B.Tech(CSE) 6th semester?
  17. Can I get good Job in Software Companies having an academic gap of 5 years between 12th Class and B.Tech?
  18. Am I eligible for a job in government sector after scoring an aggregate of 74%?
23rd June 2011, 12:17 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How to get a software job with 79% aggregate till 3rd year of B.Tech? Is there any use with the more aggregate in B.Tech? How can I get a software job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eppa swathi View Post
hai
myself swathi,i am doing my b-tech 4th year at present.Till 3rd year my aggregate was 79%. i am much interested to do a software job.probably it was my dream.please suggest me how i can i get a job?and also tell me if there is any use of having more aggregate.

TIPS TO GET JOB FOR B.E GRADUATES

The best way to get job while doing your B.E course in final year is to attend campus placements..

-> CAMPUS PLACEMENT : Every college do have their campus placement drive during final year.. So prepare well for the campus placement and try to get the job before finishing your final year itself... To get through campus placement you must prepare well from

now on wards.. Campus placement consists of 4 important rounds which are as follows..

-> Aptitude Test.

-> Group Discussion.

-> Technical Interview.

-> HR Interview.

-> Start preparing for each round from now itself, so that you will be confident enough when companies come for placements..

-> OFF - CAMPUS PLACEMENT : You can also attend off-campus placement while you are in final year.. Try to get the information from your placement official about off-campus which happens in the other colleges and try to attend and do well.. The competition will

be still more in off-campus because there are more students when compared to campus placement..

-> The selection process is same as the campus placement..

-> WALK - INS : It is nothing but going straight to the company and attending the interview process.. but this type of selection process is only for experienced candidates, sometimes they might call freshers too..

-> Try to have contact with your friends around your place and collect the details about off-campus and walk-ins because it can be conducted at anytime and anywhere...

POINTS TO NOTE :

-> It's really good that you have 79 % in your B.E degree, just try to maintain and increase it by the end of your degree.

-> There will many software companies like TCS, Wipro, Mahindra Satyam, CTS etc. and more will come for campus placement, so as you are more interested in software jobs just try to grab the opportunity which you have..

-> Yes off course there is advantage in having more aggregate.. for campus placement only the students with more than 60 % are allowed to attend plus during the selection process they will see your marks in B.E to check if you have improved and have good

knowledge
in your studies...

-> To know more about different companies coming for campus placement and to prepare for it CLICK HERE!!!
23rd June 2011, 01:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a software job with 79% aggregate till 3rd year of B.Tech? Is there any use with the more aggregate in B.Tech? How can I get a software job?

Quote:
hai
maximum software company want 60 % throgh out but you have more than 70% so i think you are eligible in all it companies.

the it company names are given below-
TCS , CTS , WIPRO ,IBM, HP ,L&T ,CAPGEMINI ,MICROSOFT etc

all the best
23rd June 2011, 08:57 AM
kartavya99

Default Re: How to get a software job with 79% aggregate till 3rd year of B.Tech? Is there any use with the more aggregate in B.Tech? How can I get a software job?

Quote:
hai
yes you will get profit surely of getting more aggregate. you keep applying for job because today competition is too high for job. always keep some extra talent to show yourself diffetrent from others.
23rd June 2011, 11:40 AM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
hai
Hiii,

Its so good to jion any s/w company you prepare your self for the written and the interview round ..
good luck i hope you will get your dream..
ankur
23rd June 2011, 02:15 PM
sandymishra45

Hi swathi,
I am also doing b.tech. Through campus placement you can get job easily in your final year. Fully Prepare yourself to clear campus placements and workhard. Try to get job through campus placement before final year.
Campus placement includes 4 important round.

1. Aptitude Test

2. Group Discussion.

3. Technical Interview.

4. HR Interview.

You can try off campus placements. You can go in other colleges for campus placement. Procedure will be the same.

You can can also go for interview directly to the company.

But try to clear campus placement first. You have advantage of your marks also. 79% is a good marks. Because above 60% you will get plus. And try to maintain your marks till final year.

BEST OF LUCK
7th August 2011, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: How to get a software job with 79% aggregate till 3rd year of B.Tech? Is there any use with the more aggregate in B.Tech? How can I get a software job?

hii..ofcource u vl gt gud job..sme companies allow d students wd aggr abv 75 dtrectly for technical round..so concentrate mre on dat
8th August 2011, 05:20 PM
nimitha ek

Post Re: How to get a software job with 79% aggregate till 3rd year of B.Tech? Is there any use with the more aggregate in B.Tech? How can I get a software job?

Quote:
hai
having good aggregate is fine,but to be placed on a top IT company what we need first is good communication skill.
6th September 2011, 11:57 PM
yash448

yes ,you can sit for software company campus..........like TCS ,WIPRO,INFOSYS..........
if you are within top 5 toppers in your college then you can directly go for interview in TCS company,there is no need of written exam..............but TCS recruitment should be on campus
19th September 2011, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

grades are not guranted a job
17th October 2011, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

hai am raj b.tech 4th yri have 77% agrigate upto 3rd year can i get after b.tech a job becz in my college no drives
30th October 2011, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

i am doing b.tech 3rd year now.when and how can i start preparation for campus placements
31st October 2011, 06:35 PM
blizard

Dear friend,
If you are interested in software jobs,
Then please g through these companies :

1.TCS
2.CTS
3.INFOSYS
4.IBM
5.ACCENTURE
6.SATYAM
7.WIPRO
8.HCL
9.TECH MAHINDRA Etc...

On campus recruitment is the best procedure to get these types of jobs...

But you can try through off campus recruitment...
10th November 2011, 08:08 AM
Unregistered

can i get placement in core company with my agregete 68%.............?
12th November 2011, 08:38 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

TCS

1.Candidates should have throughout 60% means 60% in 10th, 60% in 10+2th and 60% in graduation.

2.Candidates should have a graduation from a recognized university(Must be AICTE approved).

3.Candidates should not have any backlogs.

4.Candidates should not have more then 2 year gap in his study career.

WIPRO

1.Candidates should have 50% in 10th, 50% in 10+2th and 60% in graduation.

IBM

1.Candidates should have throughout 70% means 70% in 10th, 70% in 10+2th and 70% in graduation.

2.Candidates should have a graduation from a recognized university(Must be AICTE approved).

3.Candidates should not have any backlogs.

4.Candidates should not have more then 2 year gap in his study career.

Then the eligible candidate can take preparation for their next recruitment round.like as:-

1.Aptitude test.

2.Technical round.

3.Group discussion(Optional).

4.HR round.
10th January 2012, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

sir iam doing btech final yr IT i interested in software field job and my aggregate is 78% till up to 6th semester i searching in j0b plse any vaccancies in yur field to get the good company like mnc or anything plse send the mail :[email protected]
i waiting fryur msg
10th January 2012, 05:59 PM
kmaj

hi,

you have scored a good percentage....keep it up......aggregate will be considered from 5th sem.....above 60% is enough to get job in software companies.......some companies will call for interviews based on thr marks only.............and try to update your resumes to software companies like infosys,wipro,cognizant etc when you are 7th sem....

>>>>>during your 5th sem some companies will be selecting candidates through campus selection so be prepared for that

all the best
10th January 2012, 08:07 PM
lkshkumar7

hello...
good to hear that your aggregate is 79% till third year.
let me tell you one thing that scoring more aggregate doesn't matter,what matter is that better you maintain it.and not only maintaining it,knowledge is also preferred.if you are scoring much marks without any knowledge and a person scoring less than you and having more knowledge will be more efficient than you.in present days above 65% aggregate in b.tech is enough to get a prestigious job in any firm,but what i said is the knowledge.any company will not recruit you only because of that you have 70+ %..they need the person who fulfills their requirements....so besides focussing on marks and aggregate much,better you should focus on the studies,because making high percentage is not so hard,knowledge matters..and surely you will get the job in any software company.and surely your college will also provide placements during final year,and you are also eligible in any placements.oncampus or offcampus placements..best of luck..
18th January 2012, 12:10 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Dear guest,
Dont be panic about getting a job through your stream(IT)...There are lot of job oppurtunities are there for those who are having good communication skills and who are innovative at their field....so first
you try to concentrate on choosing your final year project....All the best
21st July 2013, 09:57 PM
chinnijessy

hi i completed my b.tech 2nd yr CSE with aggregate 81.8%
which project i should do in 3rd year?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?