11th September 2010, 08:15 PM
varsha singhal

Can any preparation be done from 10th class for IAS?

I am in 10th class and I strongly want to become IAS officer Please guide me what should I do for it at this level and how should I prepare fot it

12th September 2010, 10:45 AM
javeed

Default Re: Can any preparation be done from 10th class for IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by varsha singhal View Post
I am in 10th class and I strongly want to become IAS officer Please guide me what should I do for it at this level and how should I prepare fot it
Sorry, you can't do any preparation from 10th to IAS exam. because qualification for IAS i.e UPSC civil service examination, requires a bachelors degree, it might be any bachelors degree, so start with your bachelors degree and after completing it, you might very well attend IAS exam. all the best
12th September 2010, 02:48 PM
shivanigarg_4u

ya this the best time if you are fully foccused at your aim . just prepare and see the subjects and prepare for the same most of the syllabus is from lower classes only best of luck.
12th September 2010, 11:40 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii..
the best way to prepare is to take ur studyes seriously..

study hard and b smart...

u can take chocinh when u have completed ur graduation..
good luck..
13th September 2010, 09:58 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

The only preparation you can do at 10th level is to improve your knowledge of general science & current affairs. For this regular reading of some good newspaper is a must. You can also refer competitive magazines.

Since the eligibility for civil services exam is a bachelors degree in any stream from a recognised university so it will be better for you to first obtain the qualifying degree.

At this level you should focus on your studies.
13th September 2010, 03:59 PM
noproblem

Only studying hard does not get you to the top. You must also be dedicated and committed to be a good administrator.'

If one wants to become an IAS/IPS officer then he should have complete knowledge of what actually these designation stands for IAS means Indian Administrative Services and IPS means Indian Police Services.

If u have secured your aim in life then you have full chance of securing very good rank in IAS
13th September 2010, 04:22 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

It is too early to start preparation of IAS exam as you should know that the minimum education eligibility for IAS exam is a graduation degree. It is ok if you think about it in graduation course.
Right now , just think about the discipline or line in which you be there after one year. According to the interest in class 12th you can start preparation in graduation.
Since then , have a clear look of the subjects, there in IAS exam and start developing interest in one of them.
13th September 2010, 05:49 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

I am very happy to know that your goal is clear to you.Definitely you can start your

preparation from this stage. You should start reading general knowledge(GK) book as

GK is one of the important subject to qualify in the exam of IAS.

My friend , you have not told that in which subject you will do your +2 and graduation.

So, it is difficult to say anything further.

I want to tell you that minimum eligibility to appear in the exam of IAS is graduattion in

any discipline. Your age should be less than equal to 30 year.

Best of luck
13th September 2010, 06:52 PM
syedirshadameen

Post Re: Can any preparation be done from 10th class for IAS?

you should go through books which required for your exam,you should read more books it is tough exam not easy to pass IAS ,it should be prepare with concentration.
13th September 2010, 09:44 PM
Saikiran M

Thumbs up Re: Can any preparation be done from 10th class for IAS?

Quote:
I am in 10th class and I strongly want to become IAS officer Please guide me what should I do for it at this level and how should I prepare for it
Dear varsha singhal,

Child, I am glad for your interest in IAS. please continue the same passion
within you to emerge as a great IAS officer.

It is the right time to know how to proceed in the future. I provide all the
necessary information here, pay little attention here.

IAS (India Administrative Services) is the post in the administration dept. of the
Central and state governments. you will have to handle the managing the bureaucracy
of the govt. along with big officers across the country.

The basic pay for IAS is 30k as at junior level. As the seniority and reputation
increases you will be promoted to higher post with respective sound salaries
upto 1 lakh or above.

SUGGESTIONS FOR YOU
  • Do well in all your academics from now onwards..
  • Most importantly read newspaper daily.
  • If your time permits try to participate i extra curricular activities like NCC, etc.,
  • Come back after graduation with 60% and above. we will help you.

All the very best for your future.
MASK
14th September 2010, 03:41 AM
KHAN20

dear friend,
obviouy u can take preparation for IAS exam from 10th class.i think u will be more efficient if u take preparation. bt as per my knowledge u must have any graduation degree to sit IAS exam.so first of all u take ur graduation degree.bt if u take IAS coaching from ur 10th class class there is no problen.
in IAS exam there r some section such as
1.quantetive section
2.g.k section
3.verval & non verval section.
so u have to prepape for above subject from ur 10th class.
good luck.
14th September 2010, 11:37 AM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

it is really inspiring that you are so determined to join IAS.

BUT I WILL SUGGEST yu to go or 12th and graduation with full preparation.

all the best.
8th October 2010, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

what should i do after graDUATION?
24th October 2010, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Hi I m a 12th passed student stream in commerce and I wanna b an IAS officer. So what should I do?
26th December 2010, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

I want to appear in coming ias pre 2011 and i will start my studies right from the scrap can you suggest me that is it sufficient time to prepare for it i am a chartered accountant also
7th January 2011, 01:44 PM
goal for ajeet

ya sure but first u have to know that hats the subject for ias simply chose those two subjects of gradution and go through that . and for ias gk and english is very important so please strong those towwo subjects so thart u can do better . thanks ajeet gupta 9013523119
8th January 2011, 11:45 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

It is very good that u are interested in IAS exam but u are at very early stage so just proceed by redaing nwspaper regularly and also subscribe India Today or Frontline magazine.
8th January 2011, 09:34 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Red face Re: Can any preparation be done from 10th class for IAS?

Quote:
Dear friend,
now you are not eligible for that exem,after graduation you can apply for UPSC exem...
9th January 2011, 12:23 AM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

hi friend,
not do so and don't worry so much.first you clear your 12th with good marks and do grad. with your interested subject but here please select those subject which is also in the list of ias exam and from here preparing for ias.
ALL THE BEST
25th January 2011, 06:00 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
Yes you should start your preparations from now because these classes will form your base afterwards but at the same time you should not aim too high.
Thanks.
13th February 2011, 02:28 PM
diego
Banned

Congratulations you for having sorted out your life goal at such a young age.
... Its a really good thing to start early,you get time to chart out your plan and take steps to materialize them,In fact almost all the toppers of national level exam start around 9th.But with my congrats let me caution you ::don't get too excited or you will run out of steam.
Now first of all you should should start with magazines like Chronicle, CSR, Yojna, Pratiyogita darpan etc.These are IAS focused publications and provide you with good articles IAS interviews,current affairs articles on preparation strategy, previous papers, articles on economy history etc.
You also Need to read Newspapers daily, religiously... apart from The Hindu,TOI,HT,The Telegraph etc.. you can also consider online editions of The guardian,The Economist,The Washington post
HBR etc.
Refering to yearbooks is also a very mandatory thing.
Next you need to start practice writing :: you need to write essays try sending them to magazines to get them published,arite arguments counter arguments, critical anaalysis...
.... letme make it simple just write 2 pages per day to start, if you get better go to 3-4 pages etc.
For IAS you really need to have good writing skills to do well in IAS.
So i would also request you not to ignore languages as is the general habit of studets at this age.refer to some correspondence materials of the likes of Brilliant tutorials you will get a hang of how to prepare for IAS.
Visit::http://www.upsc.gov.in
you can also work on your optionals if you like.
At the end:: Take is easy.
24th February 2011, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

hello... this ilin... i am doing my 9 th class... i am intrested to be a ias... i want to know what books are necessary for my basic genaral knowledge.... pleaseeee could you help me....???? and from today i will read news paper... thank you...,,... ilin raj
17th March 2011, 12:54 PM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi,
It is too early to start preparation of IAS exam as you should know that the minimum education eligibility for IAS exam is a graduation degree. It is ok if you think about it in graduation course.
Right now , just think about the discipline or line in which you be there after one year. According to the interest in class 12th you can start preparation in graduation.
Since then , have a clear look of the subjects, there in IAS exam and start developing interest in one of them.
thank
1st April 2011, 12:24 AM
daks narang

Quote:
start preparing from now on because it's hard to crack it.read ncert text books from class-5th to 12th ,start making notes,make habit of reading newspapers daily for current affairs,learn different languages,improve your confidence in personality development sessions.
~good luck~
11th April 2011, 03:45 PM
akkilala
Member+

hi dear
Since then , have a clear look of the subjects, there in IAS exam and start developing interest in one of them
thanks
15th April 2011, 06:59 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

You are in 10th now....

So right now, you should emphasize on 12th preparation.

From 12th you can start preparing for IAS.

But then you have to do your graduation.

Because to become an IAS you should have completed your graduation first in any stream from any recognized university....that is the only educational criteria....then take a look at the following things.

1. Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years at the time of applying.
[33 years for Sc/ST]

2. You should have good knowledge in current affairs and social issues.
[Because you need to have very strong in that]
So you can start having a good grip in that area from now.

So if you fulfill the above conditions, you can easily crack IAS exam.

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th April 2011, 07:15 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

You are in 10th now....

So right now, you should emphasize on 12th preparation.

From 12th you can start preparing for IAS.

But then you have to do your graduation.

Because to become an IAS you should have completed your graduation first in any stream from any recognized university....that is the only educational criteria....then take a look at the following things.

1. Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years at the time of applying.
[33 years for Sc/ST]

2. You should have good knowledge in current affairs and social issues.
[Because you need to have very strong in that]
So you can start having a good grip in that area from now.

So if you fulfill the above conditions, you can easily crack IAS exam.

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th April 2011, 10:02 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Red face Re: Can any preparation be done from 10th class for IAS?

I think answer is no...because you see eligibility for being IAS it is graduation completed students can apply for IAS...so you need to be a graduate i think from 11th and 12th class you start preparation for IAS...for IAS you have well knowledge about Current Affairs..
19th April 2011, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

hi...this is kiran ....now i am on the way of 11th std and i have stringly wish to become IAS officer.......what could i do......is any book is nesserry..if it nessarry then please give me hint for that.......please....
3rd May 2011, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

i want to become an i.a.s officer but i am totslly confused which course to take after 10th std that is for p.u.c..........pls help......should i take diploma but i am interested to take commece as it is easy compared to science
4th May 2011, 11:54 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

For IAS, one need to go through a civil services examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) .

The selection procedure will be by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil services main examination
-Interview.

The minimum academic qualification with which a candidate be eligible for IAS is graduation from a recognized university.

As per age criteria, one should be in the age group of 21-30 years.

Relaxation is there in upper age limit for the candidates of OBC,and SC/ST.

So, still plenty of time is there in your hands. First try to complete your 10+2 with good percentage of marks.

Start preparation for IAS from the first year of your graduation.

By the time you appear for IAS, try to see that you should be good enough in aptitude and general awareness which are part of the CSAT exam.
4th May 2011, 02:57 PM
vijayptl97

dear friend,
it is too early to start preparation of IAS exam as you should know that the minimum education eligibility for IAS exam is a graduation degree. It is OK if you think about it in graduation course.
thanks
4th May 2011, 03:33 PM
yogalakshmi sekar

Wink Re: Can any preparation be done from 10th class for IAS?

*as u want to become ias ...

*it needs the completion of single degree as basic qualification to appear for the upsc exam...

*but now,u can make yourself strong in general knowledge,which is one of the main section in the written test..

*all the best...
4th May 2011, 09:01 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Can any preparation be done from 10th class for IAS?

Dear friend,

It is very good, that you have determined to became an IAS officer in early stage, at this stage hardly few student select their target.

At this stage I would like to suggest to improve your knowledge of general science, current affairs, reasoning and historical events. For this regular reading of newspapers and magazines is required. You can refer competitive magazines also.

As the eligibility for IAS is a bachelors degree in any stream from a recognised university so it will be better for you to first obtain the qualifying degree and side by side start preparation also.

All the best..............
4th May 2011, 10:23 PM
THE BLUE MONTER

you doing hurry in preparing for IAS as you know that it needs graduation for this exam,but if you want to prepare you can but firts you must think about your board exam & graduation.
best of luck
13th May 2011, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

yes you can prepare at this stage...........listen me carefully..........first be perfect in history in ncert books of classes 8th to 10th......u can read datt and sundharams indian economy books for fundementals in economics ......and the most imp thing is......be perfect in india and world maps from oxford school atlas............i this is enough at this stage
1st June 2011, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

How can I Do the preparation
9th August 2011, 09:51 AM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

Hi dear,

Child, I am glad for your interest in IAS. please continue the same passion
within you to emerge as a great IAS officer.

It is the right time to know how to proceed in the future. I provide all the
necessary information here, pay little attention here.

IAS (India Administrative Services) is the post in the administration dept. of the
Central and state governments. you will have to handle the managing the bureaucracy
of the govt. along with big officers across the country.

The basic pay for IAS is 30k as at junior level. As the seniority and reputation
increases you will be promoted to higher post with respective sound salaries
upto 1 lakh or above.

SUGGESTIONS FOR YOU

Do well in all your academics from now onwards..
Most importantly read newspaper daily.
If your time permits try to participate i extra curricular activities like NCC, etc.,
Come back after graduation with 60% and above. we will help you.

Thanks
15th August 2011, 01:16 PM
saurabhkaushal333

it is too early to start preparation of IAS exam as you should know that the minimum education eligibility for IAS exam is a graduation degree. It is OK if you think about it in graduation course.
19th September 2011, 07:43 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

definitely, i am glad to know that you want to prepare for IAS exam. this exam is conducted by UPSC every years. age limit 21-30 years. there are 5 years of relaxation are given to the SC\ST candidates.
you should have to concentrate on current5 affairs.
SUGGESTIONS FOR YOU

Do well in all your academics from now onwards..
Most importantly read newspaper daily.
If your time permits try to participate i extra curricular activities like NCC, etc.,
Come back after graduation with 60% and above. we will help you.
20th September 2011, 02:53 AM
praveendia

right decision. when prepartion is started at root level u always get the fruit of it.try to make short note of currrent topics and try to find deep knowledge and share with other and gather the others response.it may negative or positive. than try mould as per that.but one sincere advise preparation for ias doesnt means that short cuts and lesser time present studies. try for time management best of luck
21st September 2011, 03:01 AM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

I have a request for you.Please concentrate on what you are doing right now.Good marks in 10th standard will help you a lot.There will be enough time to think about this.
6th October 2011, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

what should i take after 10 for going in ias
6th October 2011, 11:35 PM
sidbond

of the govt. along with big officers across the country

As you are still in 10th, you need not bother about it. Just pass your 10th with excellent marks.

Try to have co-curricular activities to your name.

Complete your 12th with good marks.

Then you will automatically know, what subjects you need to know for selection as an IAS officer.

If you can't you'll always find help here.

Best of luck.
17th June 2013, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Which course l will take for airport managment after 10th
5th August 2013, 11:23 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

no dear you cannot go for any preparation from 10th level,

but if you want to be a ias officer and from now only you want to prepare for i would advice you to go with your syllabus ncert books very carefully,

go with every kiths and kins of your syllabus,

there is a reason behind why i am saying you so, because when you go for ias preparation after your graduation then you will be adviced to read ncert books till class 12th

so why not be proactive , so read your ncert syllabus books well and go through newpapers daily, and keep note of important events from now

hope you got a bit information to start your carrier in a right direction
15th August 2013, 11:36 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

Good to know that you are interested in Civil Services.

However, for becoming IAS Officer, you will have to appear for Civil Services Exam that is commenced by UPSC.

As you are in 10th standard now, so you should firstly focus on your Board Exams and Intermediate Exams.

You can start your IAS Preparation from 2nd year of Graduation and onwards.

However, some of the good books for IAS Exam preparation are:

CSAT Civil Services Aptitude Test Capsule English (Set of 7 Books) (Paperback) by J. K. Chopra
Price: Rs. 755

IAS Prelims/CSAT Civil Services: 18 Years General Studies Topic-Wise Solved Papers (1995-2012) (Paperback) by Disha Experts and 1 more variant
Price: Rs. 225

Crack Civil Services General Studies IAS Prelims CSAT, Paper - 1 and 2 (Set of 2 Books) (Paperback) by Disha Experts
Price: Rs. 833
16th August 2013, 08:48 PM
kasipati arun

It is really very good thinking.You can start obviously start from now onwards.You can now concentrate more on current affairs and indian geography.And also you can concentrate on history after independence.For this you should follow the standard books.when you can get interest you should study at that time,when you are in good interest you can easily analyze at that time.
24th March 2015, 12:59 PM
sunkaravinith
Junior Member+

1)as you completed tenth now its better if you start preparing from right know
2)join good coaching colleges in your area and start preparing for that
3)first of all remember that cracking IAS is not that simple task it need lots of determination,concentration,confidence
4)if you join the civil courses like CEC in your intermediate it will add to your preparation
5)after that join in the graduation and obtain atleast 60% marks because that is one of the eligibility conditions for writings civils
6)after the graduation or while in the final year of the graduation apply for the civils exams
7)there will be two exams prelims ,mains exams if you qualify in both these exams you will be called for the interview
8)if you are selected in the interview you will be given the training

thank you
27th July 2020, 12:55 PM
Siddharth717

After 10th,you have to take any group in class 11. After Intermediate,you have to complete your graduation (Any degree). After 3-4 years of degree,you have to take coaching for an IAS for 1 year. After coaching,You have to write an exams (I.e.prelims,mains).
I suggest uy96 to start reading newspaper
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?