15th March 2015, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a Government job like IAS when am just 16 years old?

DEAR MAM/SIR:
I am 16 years old. Is there any exams to get government jobs like I.A.S? If so what I need to be eligible for the job? How can I prepare myself to be suitable for getting the job? Please guide me in this.

15th March 2015, 07:35 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a Government job like IAS when am just 16 years old?

The direct answer to your query is NO. You cannot get government jobs which are equivalent to IAS cadre with just 10th Class Qualification. Yes, to be eligible for secured IAS cadre jobs, years of study is mandatorily required. I think your main aim is to get selected in IAS services or its equivalent services right !!. Well, keep this aim alive forever, and work hard from 11th class onwards to reach your goal. After successful completion of 12th class, you must do Bachelor degree to be eligible for IAS cadre jobs. So by the time you'll pursue Graduation, start your root preparation from the Graduation 1st year onwards. Join a best coaching institute to sharpen your skills and to achieve your goal ultimately. If you can really follow above instructions carefully, I can assure that you would get IAS cadre government jobs easily.

16th March 2015, 06:48 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot get a government job like IAS, IPS, IES, IFS, etc. at the age of 16 years. To b eligible to apply for these jobs, you must have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

Since, you are not able to satisfy the required eligibility criteria to apply for IAS examination, you are not eligible to get government job at the age of 16 years.

17th March 2015, 04:53 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age required in order to appear for the Civil services examination is 21 years for candidates of any category.

So, you can not get into Civil services at the age of 16 years. In order to become eligible for the examination, you need to fulfill following criteria:

>>Bachelor's degree from a recognized university.Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

>>The general age limit is 21-30 years with three years and five years upper age relaxation for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

>>You must be an Indian Citizen.

After fulfilling these criteria, you need to apply for the Civil services examination and clear all the three stages which are mentioned as below in order to join Indian Administrative Services.

>>Stage I: Preliminary exam

>>Stage II: Mains Examination

>>Interview.

How to prepare:

Its good that you have taken an early initiative for the exam. It is one of the toughest exam of the India where lakhs of candidates compete for 800-900 seats.

>>Self study plays a vital role in it. You can start reading NCERTs books of social studies from class six to class 12th for fundamental concepts.

>>Later on if you feel, you can join coaching institutes for better preparation

30th March 2015, 12:07 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

First thing you don't get the IAS job with 16 years old. Since IAS Exam recruits the students having the minimum Age criteria and should be in between 21 to 30 years and there is age relaxation for the reserved candidates.

More over you have to complete the graduation with any discipline from a recognized university.If you want to become an IAS officer you need to improve the Social skills and the way to describe the situations which happens around your society.

So for the first thing you have to clear the Prelims examination to go for the next rounds and there by you have a chance to enter into the Mains Examinations.Once you cleared the Both the examinations and you will be called for interview according to the selection process.

31st March 2015, 09:29 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot get government jobs like Indian Administrative Services at the age of 16 years because the age limit for Civil Services exam is:

1. 21-30 years for general candidates.

2. 21-33 years for OBC candidates.

3. 21-35 years for SC/ST candidates.

You need to have bachelor's degree in any stream in order to apply for the exam.

If you want to join this service, you need to study with full determination and hard work as it plays a crucial role in getting success.

Most of government jobs entrance exams have question from general awareness, aptitude, English. So you need to work on these areas.

31st March 2015, 11:31 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Eligibility to apply for UPSC IAS examination 2015 :

A candidate should be graduate in any discipline from a reputed institute/university.

Age of the candidate should be minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years and upper age relaxation is also applicable for reserved category candidates as per rules.

You are a 16 years old guy that is why you are not eligible to apply for this examination so first of all you should complete your graduate degree and age of 21 years then only you will be eligible to apply for this examination.

I would like to suggest you to wait for some more time in case of preparation and when you complete your class 12th then when you get admission in bachelor's degree then you should start preparation by using some good books from starting.

Collect good books from market and also practice books because when you complete study and syllabus then you need to practice that how much syllabus has actually been covered by you to crack this exam and practice as much as possible because practice is the only way to crack IAS examination.

When you complete one year of your graduation then you can take help of any good coaching center and start going to coaching then they will guide you the right way to pass this test.

1st April 2015, 12:04 PM
Ashwakh

At the age of 16 Years , no one is eligible for the IAS exam. To apply for the IAS exam , the minimum age shouldbe 21 years. So , as of now you are not eligible for the exam .

And , there is also certain Eligiblity criteria which the candidate has to Satisfy to sit for the exam .

The eligiblity criteria points for IAS exam are ,

~ The candidate shouldbe a citizen of India
~ The candidate shouldhave completed Graduation from a Desciplied University
~ The age of the candidate shouldbe in between 21-30 years , for OC Category
~ The age of the candidate shouldbe in between 21-33 years , for OBC category
~ The age of the candidate shouldbe in between 21-35 years , for SC , ST category

So , you should satisfy the Eligility criteria of the IAS exam , to apply for it.

And , to crack the exam , you shouldbe well prepared in the Topics like ,

-> Geography
-> Indian History
-> Indian Economy
-> General Science
-> Indian Polity , etc..

2nd April 2015, 09:37 AM
Member+

Dear friend,

If you want to apply for Banking examination then it is too early to start and your age is not eligible for the examination. The Minimum age eligibility criteria for appearing for the any government or Private sector job is 18 Years. If you want job in Banking Sector then you must be a graduate in any discipline. But you can prepare for competitive for government jobs it will be better to prepare from now.

Best of Luck

2nd April 2015, 06:16 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age to be eligible to appear in IAS exam is 21 years for any category. No one below the age of 21 years can apply for this.
Beside age limitation, there are certain other eligibility criteria which has to be fulfilled to sit in IAS exam.They are :-
- candidate must be a citizen of India.
- candidate should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
- The age limit is 21 to 30 years for general category and there is relaxation in age for OBC of 3years and for SC/ST it is 5 years.
To clear the IAS exam which is conducted by UPSC every year, the candidate has to work hard in the subjects like indian history,geography,general awareness,aptitude and english.

3rd April 2015, 03:24 PM
amanshrivastava98

UPSC stands for the Union Public Service Commission.

For filling up the various highly reputed posts in all the government departments across the country they conduct a Civil Services Examination every year.

According to the guidelines released by the UPSC regarding the eligibility for writing the CSE are as follows :

* The minimum and maximum age criteria is 21 years minimum and 32 years maximum for a general candidate.

* The minimum educational qualification required is the candidate should be graduate under the scheme of 10+2+3 of UGC at least.

* There is no such fixed or minimum percentage criteria given by them at rhe time of graduation.

* The maximum number of attempts is 6 for a general candidate and there is a rebate for the reserved categories.

5th April 2015, 07:05 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No there is no Civil Services examination conducted in which a 16 year old aspirants can apply .

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and the examination is conducted by UPSC for it . The eligibility criteria to apply for the examination is :--

Graduation completed or final year graduation student in any discipline from a recognized university can apply .

But taking in considerations that the age of candidates must be :--
21-30 years for general candidates .
21-33 years for OBC candidates.
21-35 years for SC/ST candidates.

So, you can't apply now but if you are determined to be an I.A.S you can apply after 5 years .

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?