30th March 2016, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in IAS exam on 10th basis? Percentage required in 10th to appear?

Hello Everyone,
Can I give exam for IAS after class 10th? And how much percentage will be require in 10th class for appearing IAS exam?

3rd April 2016, 12:27 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in IAS exam on 10th basis? Percentage required in 10th to appear?

No, you cannot appear in IAS Examination with just on the basis of 10th Class. Yes, you cannot join Indian Administrative Services (IAS) on the basis of 10th Class. The minimum educational qualification required is as follows.

>> Candidates must have passed Bachelor Degree or Gradation in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> Candidates who are doing their final year are also eligible to appear in IAS Examination.

As the minimum qualification required is Graduation, you are not eligible to appear in IAS Examination with 10th Basis. I suggest you to first pursue Higher Secondary Class (12th Class) after 10th and complete Graduation after 12th Class in order to be eligible. Remember, the marks or percentage that is secured in 10th Class is no where considered. So concentrate on pursuing Graduation first and complete that with good marks and then apply for Civil Services preliminary Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
3rd April 2016, 07:54 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in IAS exam on 10th basis? Percentage required in 10th to appear?

No, you are not eligible to appear in IAS examination on the basis of 10th standard. To be eligible to appear in IAS examination, the candidate must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognised boar. No percentage criteria in Graduation is required to appear in IAS examination. Since, you have not pursued Graduation course, you are not eligible to appear in IAS examination.
3rd April 2016, 08:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't appear for IAS exam with just class 10th qualification. You need graduation in any discipline from a recognized university to become eligible for it.

Also, make sure that you have age between 21 to 32 years when applying. There is age relaxation available for candidates who belong to reserved category.
3rd April 2016, 10:21 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for IAS examination:-

Candidates must be a Graduate in any of the stream from a recognized University.
Candidates age must be in between 21-30 years. There is a relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.
So, at present you are not eligible for IAS examination. First complete your Graduation degree in any of the discipline then you will be eligible for the said examination.
3rd April 2016, 11:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
Can I give exam for IAS after class 10th? And how much percentage will be require in 10th class for appearing IAS exam?
After 10th standard, you are not eligible for IAS exam. After completion of graduation degree, you are eligible for IAS exam. The IAS exam doesn't require any percentage marks in 10th, 12th and graduation degree.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
4th April 2016, 02:01 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You cannot appear for IAS examination on the basis of your 10th boar results as the minimum eligibility requirement in order to be able to appear for UPSC, Civil Service examination is that a candidate should have completed his/her graduation from a recognized University

So, first of all complete your graduation and then think of he examination.
4th April 2016, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Hello Everyone,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?