22nd October 2016, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an IAS officer on the basis of class 10th?

I have done my 10th class and I have discontinued final year DIT, because of my health problem. Now, I want to do IAS. Sir, please help me, its my dream now if am eligible to write IAS exam on the basis of 10th. Please respond to me on my email id [email protected] plz help me sir

22nd October 2016, 02:59 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I become an IAS officer on the basis of class 10th?

To become an IAS officer a candidate must be graduate from a valid university. You have passed class 10th so you cannot apply. UPSC conduct Civil Service Exam for various posts & one of them is IAS.
Complete your 12th first then get admission in degree college. You need to wait for 5 years to apply for the same.
22nd October 2016, 04:02 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, the minimum required education qualification to appear for Civil Services examination is bachelor degree from any recognised university.

So, you cannot appear for examination without bachelor degree and not eligible for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.F.S, I.P.S etc..

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd October 2016, 05:01 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to become an IAS Offcer after class 10th:-

If you are Aspiring to become an IAS officer then you should have to apply for Civil Service Examination which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year for the post of an IAS officer.

Eligibility Criteria:-

Candidate must have completed their graduation from any recognised University are eligible for this exam.

Final year student of graduation degree also eligible for this exam.

Age limit:-

Age of Candidate should be between 21 to 30 years.

For OBC provided that is it should be 21 to 33 years.

For SC / St it should be between 21 to 35 years.

Number of attempts:-

A candidate can apply maximum 4 attempts for general categories.

For OBC it is maximum 7 times

For SC/ St there is no limits.
22nd October 2016, 05:08 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my 10th class and I have discontinued final year DIT, because of my health problem. Now, I want to do IAS. Sir, please help me, its my dream now if am eligible to write IAS exam on the basis of 10th. Please respond to me on my email id [email protected] plz help me sir

Sorry, you cannot become an IAS Officer on the basis of class 10th qualification. You have to study graduation degree in any discipline to become an IAS Officer. To become an IAS Officer, you have to clear the Civil Services Examinations conducted by the UPSC. There are three stages to clear the civil services examination. They are Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. The examinations are held once every year. The maximum age limit for appearing the examination will be 32 years for general category candidates. So you have to study first 10+2 and then graduation degree to appear for civil services examinations.
22nd October 2016, 05:21 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, on the basis of 10th class you cannot become IAS officer because minimum qualification required to become an IAS officer is graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.
Once you complete your graduation you will be eligible to appear in civil services exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year. Once you qualify the exam you can work as an IAS officer.
22nd October 2016, 05:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to become an IAS officer on basis of 10th standard. To become an IAS officer, you should have to appear in IAS examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. You should have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university to be eligible to appear in IAS examination. Since, you have not pursued Bachelor's degree course, being a 10th passed student, you are not eligible to become an IAS officer.
22nd October 2016, 07:11 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot become an IAS officer just after completing your 10th standard. You have to complete your bachelor's degree in science, commerce or arts stream (preferable), then only you can apply for IAS officer entrance examination.

You have to qualify in your 12th examination from a recognized board, then you have to complete your graduation. To apply for the post of IAS Officer you have to appear for IAS entrance examination. While doing your graduation you can prepare for IAS examination. After you qualify the entrance examination you will be called for physical test followed by personal interview. Hence, after that you can be selected as an IAS officer.
22nd October 2016, 07:13 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't become an IAS officer on the basis of class 10th. Because the minimum required qualification to sit in the recruitment exam for IAS officer is Bachelor's degree.

The basic criteria required to apply for IAS exam are as under :-

-The candidate has to clear Civil Services exam conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

-The candidate must be an Indian citizen.

-The candidate should have passed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 32 years for unreserved category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-Selection process involves of

*Preliminary Exam,

*Main exam, and

*Interview.
22nd October 2016, 08:25 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot become an IAS Officer on the basis of class 10th qualification as you will not be eligible to appear in the IAS Entrance examination based on class 10th education.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University are eligible to appear in the IAS Entrance examination. So, you must have to complete your Graduation first to become an IAS Officer.
22nd October 2016, 10:33 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to become an IAS officer on the basis of class 10th. For IAS examination candidate must have passed graduation from a recognized university.
22nd October 2016, 11:06 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

--- No, you are not eligible to apply for IAS on the basis of matriculation.

--- The minimum education required to appear in IAS exam is graduation degree from any well reputed institute.

--- You should resume your education and after completing your graduation, you can apply for IAS exam.

--- IAS exam is also known as Indian Administrative Service.
23rd October 2016, 10:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, 10th standard candidates are not eligible for IAS exam.

The minimum educational qualification required for IAS exam is graduation degree from a recognized University.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
27th July 2020, 12:57 PM
Siddharth717

To become a IAS (Indian Administrative Service) Officer a candidate must first obtain a Bachelor Degree. UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is the government agency responsible for selecting right candidates for the services
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?