17th July 2017, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

Can a Diploma in Mechanical engineer join Air Force? What should I do for it?

Hello sir, Myself Nagesh and I am 26 years old candidate. I have completed Diploma in Mechanical engineering. Please tell me is it possible to join Air Force? What should I do for it?

Related Questions:
18th July 2017, 02:09 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can a Diploma in Mechanical engineer join Air Force? What should I do for it?

Yes if you have completed 10+2 in science and maths stream a part from diploma degree you can join the Indian air force in few branches like Flying branch, Technical branch .

Shortlisted candidate after selection process are given three years training at NDA , special training are also given at any of the training center. They are further ranked as a Permanent Commissioned Officer and posted as a pilot at any of air force station.
Age limit 16 and half to 19 and half years.
18th July 2017, 09:55 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Diploma in Mechanical engineer join Air Force? What should I do for it?

If you have completed Diploma, then you should also complete your graduation by taking lateral entry in any recognized college.

In this way, you will be eligible for applying into CDS Exam and AFCAT Exam.

Both these exams require graduation from the candidate to appear for it.

Even if you are in final year of your graduation, then also you can appear for these exams.
19th July 2017, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir can mechanical engineer(B.Tec) candidate have any opportunity in air force
If yes so tell me complete step to go through
19th July 2017, 10:49 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Yes, you can apply for the Indian air force after diploma through NDA exam for which you may have to fulfil some conditions as follows.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA.

>> Candidate who is going to apply for the NDA exam must have done 12th form a govt. recognized board.

>> Candidate must have done 12th with PCM subjects that is NON MEDICAL stream.

>> Candidate must be physically and mentally strong.

>> Candidate eye sight must be 6/6.

After applying for the NDA exam candidate must have to clear the exam conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The written exam comprises of ENGLISH,MATHEMATICS,GENERAL KNOWLEDGE.
After clearing NDA exam you can apply for the three different branches of INDIAN AIR FORCE and these branches are.

1) Flying branch.
2) Ground duty branch.
3) Technical branch.

If you cleared the written exam a medical exam will be conducted to ensure that candidate must be fit for the defense services.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?