7th March 2014, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Air Force after Diploma in Mechanical?

I am in diploma 3rd sem in mechanical,for our contry i can do every thing,that can i joint indian air force after diploma

10th March 2014, 10:04 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Air Force after Diploma in Mechanical?

It is really inspiring to see you aspire for the Indian Defense sector. Your spirit of joining the Indian Air Force and serving the nation is really appreciable. However, we are sorry to inform you that you cannot join Indian Air Force at this moment in the flying or technical branch. This is because there is no opening for the diploma candidates. However you can join the Airmen technical group X. The advertisement is usually made by IAF in the leading newspapers and official website. However the remuneration will be less, hence it will be beneficial for you to join air force after you complete your graduation as you will not only get higher rank but also better remuneration.

You can directly get admission in the second year of B Tech course through Lateral entry scheme in various government as well as private engineering colleges.

Then complete your B Tech course properly with good grades and then after apply for Air Force. However, in the 3rd year of your engineering you can apply for Indian Air Force through University Entry Scheme by giving AFCAT exam. But you need to remember that you should not have any backlogs till that time and on completion of your B Tech degree you need to score overall atleast 60%.

You can also apply for Indian Air Force after completion of your B Tech course through the CDSE exam. There is no percentage criteria for this exam. However you should be unmarried and your age should be between 19-23 years. The advertisements are usually done in the leading newspapers in the month of June and December.

The official website of IAF is :- www.careerairforce.nic.in/‎
10th March 2014, 08:47 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Air Force after Diploma in Mechanical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in diploma 3rd sem in mechanical,for our contry i can do every thing,that can i joint indian air force after diploma
Hey friend,

Indian Air Force is one of the defence force of India

For joining in this force there are certain procedure which you need to undergo and it is that,you need to write the entrance exam for joining in this force.There are many entrance exams which are conducted in India for candidates to join in this force.

And for applying for the entrance exams there are certain eligibility criteria which is needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam which you are applying.

The exam which you could opt is the NDA Exam.The criteria's which are needed to be satisfied are:

>> The candidate must be a Citizen of India.

>> The Martial Status needed for the exam is that the candidate should be a Unmarried male candidate.

>> The age limit needed is 16 1/2-19 years of age.

>> The education qualification needed is that the candidate must have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education.

>> The candidate need to be Physically fit while appearing for the exam

If you satisfy all these criteria's for the exam then you can apply for the NDA Exam

You can apply for the exam in 2 modes:

~ ONLINE

~ OFFLINE

For more info regarding the exam check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?