2nd May 2011, 08:54 PM
s k yadav

Can female candidates apply for NDA exam? What is the eligibility criteria of the exam? Procedure to apply?

can female candidates apply for nda , their criteria , procedure to apply for the entrance exam for girl candidates?

7th May 2011, 09:08 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can female candidates apply for NDA exam? What is the eligibility criteria of the exam? Procedure to apply?

No.

Female candidates are not allowed for NDA.

Eligibility for NDA is such that only unmarried MAle candidates having passed in +2 with at least 60% aggregate in PCM can apply for Airforce and Navy wing of NDA. Male candidate appearing for final exams can also provisionally apply.

Whereas for Army candidates belonging from any stream can apply for NDA Army wings. But 12th appearing candidates are not eligible.

Also candidates must between age group of 16 1/2 - 19 years. Candidate should haven't reached the age of 19 years before the commencement of training in July.

So, you can understand Female are not are eligible for NDA.

Apart from NDA there are various other schemes to join Indian Defence service for Female candidates. But all are can be achieved only after having Graduation degree.

One of the most common scheme for Females to enter into Defence service is UES: university entry scheme,is meant for all male and female candidates those who have attend there first university degree,that is (Bachelor degree generally Engineer and B.sc graduates are recruited trough this scheme). Notification for it are released In Employment news.

CDS: Previously this entry scheme was meant only for Male ,but from now Females can also apply,they will be provided SSC and will be trained at OTA (Officers Training Academy, Chennai). CDSE is conduted by UPSC twice every year.Entrance is conducted by UPSC(http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice every year.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
7th May 2011, 10:38 PM
Tushar93

Thumbs up Re: Can female candidates apply for NDA exam? What is the eligibility criteria of the exam? Procedure to apply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s k yadav View Post
can female candidates apply for nda , their criteria , procedure to apply for the entrance exam for girl candidates?
Sorry, But Female candidates are not eligible for NDA exam.
There are other methods by which girls can join defence forces through permanent commission in medical cadre and short service commission in education, aviation, air traffic control and law cadre.
for details visit
1. for indian navy www.nausena-bharati.nic.in
2. for indian army www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
3. for indian air force www.careerairforce.nic.in
7th May 2011, 11:11 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can female candidates apply for NDA exam? What is the eligibility criteria of the exam? Procedure to apply?

no female candidates are not eligible for NDA examination.

only unmarried Male candidate can apply for NDA examination. Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1993 and not later than 1st January, 1996 are eligible for NDA II 2011 examination.

the form fill up for NDA II 2011 examination is going on. last date of form fill up is 9th May, 2011. for online form fill up visit the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in the date of the NDA II 2011 examination is 21st August, 2011.

here i am attaching the notification for NDA examination. go through the attachment for complete details about the NDA examination. visit the website http://www.upsc.gov.in NDA examination is conducted by UPSC.

best wishes.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf nda22011_english.pdf(119.0 KB, 102 views)
8th May 2011, 12:15 AM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Sorry to say but GIRLS candididates are NOT ELIGIBLE to appear in NDA examination as only male Indian candidates are eligible for the exam.

Eligibility Criteria : Eligibility criteria of NDA examination is that the candidate must be a male indian within the age limit of 16 1/2 to 19 years on the date of commecement of training. Minimum educational quslification required is that the candidate must be 10+2 or equivalent examination passout with any of the stream. For candidates who are willing to join Airforce and Navy wings must have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level. 10+2 appearing students can also apply for the examination.

Procedure to apply: NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year in the month of April and August. Notification in this respect would be officially published by UPSC in Employment Newspaper in the month of March and October for NDA-1 and NDA-2 respectively. Intrested male Indian candidates can apply by submitting prescribed application form after official notification.
13th May 2011, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

can a girl become an pilot
14th May 2011, 05:32 PM
Tushar93

Thumbs up Re: Can female candidates apply for NDA exam? What is the eligibility criteria of the exam? Procedure to apply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can a girl become an pilot
Yes girl can become pilot as well as observer in indian navy and indian air force, but they will be alloted short service commission extendable upto 14yrs only.
Age limit- 19 to 23yrs
Educational Qualification-
1.Graduate ( Three Year Course ) in any discipline from a recognised university who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech( Four Year Course) from a recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.
2.Final Year students can also apply, provided thay donot have any backlog and min 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year/ semester.

Keep track of the advertisement published in Employment News. IT likely to published in the months of January and July

Visit following sites for further details
1. For Indian Navy www.nausena-bharti.nic.in
2. Fro Indian Air Force www.careerairforce.nic.in
14th May 2011, 06:58 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

NDA is not for girls.It is for unmarried male candidates.
17th November 2011, 02:40 PM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

Female candidates are not allowed for NDA.

Eligibility for NDA is such that only unmarried MAle candidates having passed in +2 with at least 60% aggregate in PCM can apply for Airforce and Navy wing of NDA. Male candidate appearing for final exams can also provisionally apply.

Whereas for Army candidates belonging from any stream can apply for NDA Army wings. But 12th appearing candidates are not eligible.

Also candidates must between age group of 16 1/2 - 19 years. Candidate should haven't reached the age of 19 years before the commencement of training in July.

So, you can understand Female are not are eligible for NDA.

Apart from NDA there are various other schemes to join Indian Defence service for Female candidates. But all are can be achieved only after having Graduation degree.

One of the most common scheme for Females to enter into Defence service is UES: university entry scheme,is meant for all male and female candidates those who have attend there first university degree,that is (Bachelor degree generally Engineer and B.sc graduates are recruited trough this scheme). Notification for it are released In Employment news.

CDS: Previously this entry scheme was meant only for Male ,but from now Females can also apply,they will be provided SSC and will be trained at OTA (Officers Training Academy, Chennai). CDSE is conduted by UPSC twice every year.Entrance is conducted by UPSC(http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice every year.
17th November 2011, 09:52 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

No female candidate are not eligible for NDA exam.Only unmarried male candidate are eligible for NDA exam,whose are fulfilled with below mentioned criteria.

>>Candidate should have complete 12th class with PCM stream from a recognized university.
>>Age should be between 161/2 to 19 years.

For more information,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf nda22011_english.pdf(119.0 KB, 82 views)
10th January 2012, 12:18 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by s k yadav View Post

HI,
Sorry Girl are nit eligible in N.D.A exam.

N.D.A exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

After qualifying N.D.A exam you can join Defence services like:-
> Army
> Air Force
> Navy

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass 12th with recognized university
> Age limit:-16.5-19 year.
> Must be citizen of India
> Medically fit

There are three steep of selection:-
> Written Exam
> Interview
> Medical exam
19th May 2016, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a commerce student without maths...since girls are not allowed to join nda i have decided to write the CDS exam.now i wanted ur help to prefer me some good books for general knowledge and english.i wish u would give me a fast reply
18th January 2017, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NDA exam ,now I am studying 11th but after 12 th can I apply because I am interested in this job(navy)
6th April 2017, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I'm a commerce student with maths and I have passed 10 class now can I just give an exam of NDA.
4th October 2017, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

I COMPELETED BA ECONOMIC DGREE.I LOVE ARMY JOB VERY MUCH .I WANT TO JOIN INDIAN ARMY IS IT POSSIBLE?IF IT IS POSSIBLE CAN YOU SAGGEST ME THE WAY
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?