2nd January 2016, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in NDA exam for a female Arts student with 152 cms height?

Respected Sir,
Can a girl also give NDA exam? I am girl from Arts stream and studying 12th from CBSE Board. I am 152 cms tall. Please tell me about my eligibility.

2nd January 2016, 10:28 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in NDA exam for a female Arts student with 152 cms height?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. UPSC conducts this exam twice every year for selection of candidates into different wings of Defence.

Eligibility criteria for this exam:

>>10+2 passed or appearing from a recognized board. For Navy and Air force, mathematics and physics compulsory in 10+2.

>>Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for exam.

So, being a female candidate, you are not eligible for exam. After bachelor's degree, you can apply for Combined Defence Services exam.
2nd January 2016, 10:37 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in NDA exam for a female Arts student with 152 cms height?

National Defence Academy exam is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility criteria for this exam of Defence sector is:

*You must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board. However, appearing candidates can also apply for exam.

*Male candidates with unmarried marital status are only eligible for NDA exams.

Therefore, female candidates are not eligible for NDA exams. You can not apply for NDA exam.
3rd January 2016, 07:13 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

No.You are not eligible as your height is 152 cms which is less than height criteria for female for NDA.In NDA , Female candidate age should be atleast 157.5 cms.

NDA Eligibility
- You should have Indian Citizenship
- You must have passed (10+2) in any discipline from a recognized board.
- Your age must be 16.5 to 19 years on 1st January or 1st July of the examination year.
- You must be physically fit.

NDA Syllabus

Mathematics (300 Marks , 2.5 Hours)
Algebra, Matrices & Determinants, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry of Two & Three Dimensions, Different Calculus, Integral Calculus & Different Equations, Vector Algebra and Statistics & Probability

General Ability ( 600 Marks , Time : 2.5 Hours)
- English
- General Knowledge
- Current Events

Important Dates

NDA I
- Notification Date : 02/01/2016
- Ends of Registration : 29/01/2016
- NDA Exam : 17/04/2016

NDA II
- Starts of Registration : 18/06/2016
- Ends of Registration : 15/07/2016
- Exam Date : 18/09/2016
3rd January 2016, 10:07 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

No, girls candidate are not eligible to appear for NDA examination. NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear in examination with 10+2 in any discipline for Army. The age of male candidate must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

So, if you want to join defence service you can appear for CDS examination after graduation degree.
3rd January 2016, 11:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
Can a girl also give NDA exam? I am girl from Arts stream and studying 12th from CBSE Board. I am 152 cms tall. Please tell me about my eligibility.
No, girls candidates are not eligible for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years.

I have attached the physical criteria for NDA exam so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Physical Requirements for NDA.txt(3.2 KB, 62 views)
4th January 2016, 08:11 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility to appear in NDA exam for a female Arts student with 152 cms height?

As a female candidates you can not apply for the NDA examination and in order to appear for the NDA examination only Male candidates who are un married are only eligible for NDA.

As a female candidate you can apply for the CDS examination which is the Combined Defense Services examination which is also the recruitment test for the candidates in to the defense services like the
  • Indian Air force
  • Indian Navy
  • Indian Military Services
  • Officers Training Academy

These are the various Defense services available through the CDS examination.and after the completion of the Graduation or any of the bachelor degree course of study.
so, as you have done your 12th now appear for the bachelor degree course in which you have interest and apply for the CDS examination
7th January 2016, 09:35 AM
Lonely♡

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

UPSC conduct this exam twice in every year for candidate who wants career in defense services like
-Indian Air force
-Indian Navy
-Indian Military Services
-Officers Training Academy

Eligibility for NDA is as below:

-- Candidates who 10+2 completed or appearing from recognized board are eligible.

-- Married male candidates are not eligible.
So, you are not eligible for NDA as a female candidate

But after bachelor's degree, you can apply for Combined Defence Services exa
7th January 2016, 11:47 AM
ranu shahi

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Candidates are eligible only after completing their 12th with at least 55% aggregate in any stream with a recognized school or college.

Candidate age must be from 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Final year candidates are also eligible.

Sorry to say that you are not eligible.

Female candidates are not eligible for any post only men candidates are eligible.
23rd October 2016, 10:04 AM
Unregistered

Why girls are not able to give NDA exam after gaining high percentage as compared to boys ???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?