5th October 2012, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for Civil Services Exam being a candidate having completed M.Sc in Biotechnology? Maximum age limit to appear for this Exam?

sir, I am a student of integrated msc in biotechnology.what are the career options after the programme? can i appear for civil service exam? what is the maximum age for appearing in the exam?

5th October 2012, 06:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for Civil Services Exam being a candidate having completed M.Sc in Biotechnology? Maximum age limit to appear for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, I am a student of integrated msc in biotechnology.what are the career options after the programme? can i appear for civil service exam? what is the maximum age for appearing in the exam?
You have completed integrated M.Sc degree so you are applicable for Civil Service Exam.CIVIL SERVICE EXAM is conducted by UPSC in every year.

The details of Civil Service exam-

Those candidate have graduation degree from recognized university are applicable for Civil Service Exam . Not require any kind of Percentage marks .

But your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidate.

No. of permissible attempts :

Four of general category. (Seven attempts of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs )

So more details about Civil Service exam , you can visit to upsc website .

5th October 2012, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Can I appear for Civil Services Exam being a candidate having completed M.Sc in Biotechnology? Maximum age limit to appear for this Exam?

hi,
hi,
yes mann u are applicable for civil service exams.
these exams are conducted by upsc once in a year which has two stages
preliminary and main.

No. of permissible attempts :

Four of general category. (Seven attempts of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs )

for more details about Civil Service exam , you can visit to upsc website .
5th October 2012, 10:07 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed M.Sc. in Biotechnology, you are eligible to apply for Civil Service Examination which is conducted by UPSC once every year to become an IAS/IPS/IRS/IFS etc. officer.

The maximum age limit for Civil Service exam is 30 years for General candidate which the upper age is relaxed for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years and for OBC up to 3 years.

Apart from this the eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University, can apply for Civil Service Exam.

Fopr more detailed information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?