18th December 2011, 11:01 PM
Visnu29

Guidelines to be followed to become an IPS officer after passing B.Tech final year?

Hello Sir I am a b.tech final year student and i wanna become an ips officer. sir please give me guideness.......

19th December 2011, 07:01 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Guidelines to be followed to become an IPS officer after passing B.Tech final year?

In order to become IPS Officer, one has to go through the following selection procedure.
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

One should have to secure very high marks in Main Examination and has to give good performance too in order to be placed in IPS. Otherwise there is every chance that the candidate will be placed in other civil services.

Here is the required eligibility criteria that a candidate need to have in order to take up this exam.

Academic Qualification :
-One shoudl have completed Bachelors degree with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who are in the final year of Graduation are also eligible to this exam but they shoudl be able to show the proof of passing Graduation when they appear for Interview.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

The maximum number of attempts for the candidates of General category are 4, for OBC candidates 7 and there is no limit on the number of attempts for the candidates of SC/ST category.

So, as you are being a candidate of final year B.Tech, I suggest you to choose the optional subjects for main exam in accordance with your stream in B.Tech and start preparing for the exam.

Better to join coaching institute for this exam because good competition is there for exam and so good preparation is required to the candidate which will be provided by coaching institutes.

For complete information on this civil services exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
19th December 2011, 09:06 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Guidelines to be followed to become an IPS officer after passing B.Tech final year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visnu29 View Post
Hello Sir I am a b.tech final year student and i wanna become an ips officer. sir please give me guideness.......
You are from B-TECH background so after completion of your B-TECH degree you are eligible for IPS exam.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

PROCESS BECOME A IPS OFFICER:-

1. Fill up the Application form.
2.Preliminary exam is consist of two papers.
a) General studies -----150 marks
b)From Optional subject -------300 marks
3.If you have qualify in Preliminary exam then you have to go for IPS mains exam
4.After completion of your main exam you have to go for Interview.
26th February 2012, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

what kind of questions will u ask in interview
31st March 2015, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

I am a F.Y.B.A passed student now studying in SY i want to Become an IPS Office so what is the process...?
plz help me and give a proper guideline
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?