18th September 2015, 02:30 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in GATE 2016 having 2 years gap after engineering?

Hello iam 2014 passed out I wrote the gate exam in 2014;so is their any restrictions in attempting again,I want to write gate 2016 which is going to be held in feb 2016,iam I eligible to write?

18th September 2015, 09:27 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in GATE 2016 having 2 years gap after engineering?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in GATE 2016 examination even if you have completed your Engineering course in 2014. Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree course or those who are appearing in final year examinations of Bachelor's degree course in 2016 are eligible to appear in GATE 2016 examination. Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree course need to submit Provisional Certificate /Course Completion Certificate to be eligible to appear in GATE 2016 examination.
18th September 2015, 03:24 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

GATE is the Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering. This entrance test is given by the candidates who want to do master of technology from top engineering colleges of India.

Eligibility criteria for the GATE exam:

Bachelor of engineering or technology from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

There is no upper age limit for this exam. Also no limit on number of attempts for this exam.

You can apply for the GATE 2016 exam without any hesitation or doubt in mind, you are eligible for the exam.
18th September 2015, 04:37 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

# GATE is a national level entrance examination which is conducted to make admission of meritorious students for pursuing post graduate M. Tech and MS courses in reputed institutes like IITs, IISc etc. The GATE is collectively conducted by followings:

* All the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
* Indian Institute of Science Technology
* National Institute of Technology (NIT)
* Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resource Department (MHRD), Government of India
* and many other universities

# Number of attempts:

* There is no any prescribed number of attempts.
* One can apply for unlimited number of times.
* The score obtained in GATE is valid only for next two years.

# Required educational qualification for GATE:

* Must have completed B.E/B. Tech/ B. Arch degree.
* However, candidate in the final year are also eligible.

# Names of few Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) which offer job to valid GATE score holders are:

* NHA1
* IOCL
* NALCO
* NFL
* MECL
* IOC
* AAI
* BARC
* BNPM
* NHPC
* IRCON International Limited
* BHEL
* BPCL
* GAIL
* NBCC
* NTPC
* and many more
18th September 2015, 07:13 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and it is the examination conducted by the IIT for the admission of the candidates in the government institution such as IIT,NIT,etc in the M.tech courses or to get the recruitment in the PSU's

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed or in the 4th year from the recognised university.

So you are eligible to appear for the examination as there is no limitation on the number of attempts to appear for the examination. The application form for the 2016 examination is available now and the examination is conducted in the month of January or February.

So continue your preparation for the examination as you are eligible to appear. The examination is conducted only online.
18th September 2015, 09:48 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can obviously appear for the GATE examination in the 2016. The examination is conducted for the admission of the candidates in the M.tech courses.

The minimum required qualification to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed B.tech from the recognised university. So you can appear in the examination.
Also there in no restriction on the number of attempts for the examination. There is separate cut off and examination for the different stream candidates. The online application for the 2016 GATE examination is available now.
18th September 2015, 10:45 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to appear in GATE which is to be held in February in 2016.
It is the rule that in case a candidate has passed the qualifying examination in 2015 or earlier, he/she has to submit the degree certificate / Professional certificate/membership certificate issued by society or institute.
18th September 2015, 11:37 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Every year this exam is conducted by either any of the Indian Institute of Technology or IISC Bangalore. GATE 2016 is conducted by the IISC.

Eligibility criteria for the GATE 2016:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university. Final year candidates of these courses can also apply for the exam. Also those who have done master's degree in computer applications, science, mathematics can apply for the exam.

>>There is no upper age limit for this exam. You can attempt as many as times you require to clear the exam with good rank, so there is no limit on number of attempt also.

You are eligible to apply for the GATE 2016 exam even if you are 2014 passout. Online applications are going on, you can apply for the GATE 2016 at http://www.gate.iisc.ernet.in/.
1st August 2020, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my engineering in the year 2017 now i want to appear for gate exam in year 2021 so can i eligible..? But priviously i have appear in the gate exam in the year 2016..?? So can i appear for gate exam in the year 2021..???
18th August 2020, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Im 2016 BE pass out can I appear GATE 2021exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?