13th January 2012, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IAS Exam having completed Graduation in Economics and Psychology?

respected sir, i am in my final year of college and wish to appear for the ias exam....I am doing my graduation in economics and psychology can i still appear for the ias exam having graduated from these streams?

Related Questions:
  1. How to do M.A. in psychology after graduation in B.B.A.?
  2. Can i do M.A in Psychology after pursuing B.A in Economics?
  3. MA in Psychology is possible after BA in Economics?
  4. Can Arts student become Psychiatrist? How can I appear for IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Am I eligible to study Post Graduation in Economics being a B.Com graduate?
  6. Should I go for Ph.D in Economic instead of preparing for IAS exam if completed MBE?
  7. Is it a right decision to go for MA in Psychology (Correspondence course) after graduating in B.A in Economics? Fee structure, course duration and future job prospects?
  8. Can I do graduation in Economics if I have completed 12th with physics and chemistry?
  9. Can I do Psychology course for post graduation after completion of B.Sc Graduation?
  10. Is it beneficial to study Psychology in Graduation to become a Clinical Psychologist? Differences among Bachelor's in Psychology and Psychology Honours?
  11. Post graduation in M.Sc Clinical Psychology after completing B.Sc in Nursing?
  12. Is it possible to do PG in Economics after passing graduation in commerce with 50%?
  13. Eligibility for IES exam after graduation in Chemistry and Post graduation in Computer Science?
  14. List of reputed colleges which offer Bachelor's Degree in Economics in India?
  15. Am I eligible for M.Sc in Psychology in Clinical from Christ University?
  16. Is it necessary to have Graduation in Psychology in order to opt Post Graduation in Psychology?
  17. After completing B.Ed is it useful to take Psychology subject in M.Ed through distance education?
  18. Is there any difference between M.A. and M.Sc to study Psychology? -- [New]
14th January 2012, 12:42 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS Exam having completed Graduation in Economics and Psychology?

Well yes you are eligible to appear for the civil service examination which is conducted by UPSC every year .

The examination is conducted for following post :

Indian Administrative Service
Indian Foreign Service
Indian Police Service
Group 'A' Services
Group 'B' Services

The recruitment to civil service is completed in two phases ::

1.Preliminary exam
2.Main exam.

1.Preliminary exam::It is common for all students and is of objective types .

Paper 1 : (200 marks) - Duration : Two hrs.
Paper II: (200 marks) – Duration : Two hrs

2.Main exam::

It consist of written exam and the personal interview .Written exam consist of following papers :

1. Essay type Indian Language Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
2. English Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
3. General Essay type paper (200 marks)
4. General Studies (Paper-I&II 300 marks each)
5. Optional subject-I(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)
6. Optional subject-II(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)

Eligibility ::

The interested candidates should have passed their graduation in any streams from recognized college

You should be above 21 and below 30 years .Relaxation in upper age is given to reserved caste students .

For SC/ST -5 years
For OBC - 3 years .

Number of attempts ::

No of times the general students can apply for the exam is 4 ,SC/ST unlimited times and OBC 7 times .

Important dates ::

Date of Notification::04.02.2012
Last date for receipt for application:: 05.03.2012
Date of Preliminary Examination ::20.05.2012
Date of main examination ::05.10.2012
14th January 2012, 01:01 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS Exam having completed Graduation in Economics and Psychology?

dear friend,
IAS exam is conducted by UPSC, for administrative jobs..

Eligibility for IAS exam:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in any trade.

2.candidate should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.

3.Age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

4.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill to appear in IAS exam.
As you have completed graduation in economics and psychology then you are eligible for IAS exam.

All the best.
14th January 2012, 02:52 AM
Dilip Bista

Yes you can appear it .Candidates who have completed their graduation from any stream are eligible to appear for the test. Those who have completed any professional or technical studies can also apply. There is no minimum requirement of marks for writing this test. Candidates having a pass mark can apply. Those who are appearing or the final year of the qualifying examination can also attend the test. Only those candidates who are citizens of India can appear for IAS and IPS. Those who have migrated from other countries with an intention to become a permanent citizen of India can also apply. The age limit is between 21 years to 30 years.

For details check the notification at the official website www.upsc.gov.in.
14th January 2012, 08:28 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
respected sir, i am in my final year of college and wish to appear for the ias exam....I am doing my graduation in economics and psychology can i still appear for the ias exam having graduated from these streams?
Yes of course,you are eligible to apply to apply for IAS examination.

Eligibility for IAS examination :-

You should have possess a graduate degree with any desire stream of a recognized University or equivalent qualification and those who are pursing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for this examination but you have to submit the proof passing certificate of your graduation.before the personnel Interview.

And your age should be between 21 years and 30 years as on 1st august of the year of examination and relaxation is applicable for reserved categories.5 years relaxation for SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen and 3 years relaxation for OBC categories.

To become IAS Officer,then you have to crack the civil service examination.

Civil Service examination can be divided into two stage :- 1)Preliminary 2)Main examination.

Preliminary exam pattern :-

Important date for Preliminary examination :-

-Date of Notification :- 04/02/12
-Last date for receipt of application :- 05/03/12
-Date of examination :- 15/04/12

Application forms are available in two modes :- 1)Online 2)Offline

More details,Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
14th January 2012, 09:05 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for IAS exam with your present qualification.

IAS- INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE conducted through Civil Service Exam by UPSC every year.

One should be a Indian National having graduation degree from any stream of education within the age of 21 to 30 years are eligible to appear for Civil Service Exam. The upper age relaxation is there for OBC to 3 years and to SC/ST/PH to 5 years.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT- Civil Service Aptitude Test- Preliminary exam which are of all objective type questions
Main Exam which are all descriptive type questions
Personal Interview

The application form will be available through both on line and off line mode.

For more detailed information you may log on to official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
14th January 2012, 11:34 AM
surekha_katreddy

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for IAS Exam having completed Graduation in Economics and Psychology?

Quote:
Hi friend,
The eligibility for IAS is a graduate degree from any recognized University or its affiliated college no matter whatever might be your stream in graduation. So you are definitely eligible .

You can attempt for the preliminary exam i the final year of your graduation if you have completed 21 years of age as the age requirement to become IAS is 21 years to 30 years.

The preliminary exam consists of two papers each of two hours duration.
The notification for this year exam is already out and the last date to apply is:05-03-2012

Good luck
14th January 2012, 11:36 AM
kmaj

Hi,

for to write IAS exam graduation in any stream is required........now you completed graduation so you can appear for IAS exam.....

all the best
14th January 2012, 01:29 PM
Nikki Jha

how to apply for exams like upsc,jpsc
14th January 2012, 03:14 PM
sahaja mallarapu

Quote:
Hi Friend,

yes you can appear for Civil Service examination with your subjects.
to appear for civil services examination one need to be a graduate irrespective of any stream or subjects.
to say your subjects are added benifit to you if you are an aspirant of civil services because you can choose these two subjects for your mains.
with this your preparation becomes easy.
age should be between 21 and 30 years.
age relaxation is given on upper age limit.
3 years of relaxation for OBC.
5 years of age relaxation for Sc and ST.
10 years of age relaxation for PHC.

examination pattern:
Prelims
mains
personal interview.

All the best
14th January 2012, 05:42 PM
sulemanpathan

The examination is conducted for following post :

Indian Administrative Service
Indian Foreign Service
Indian Police Service
Group 'A' Services
Group 'B' Services

The recruitment to civil service is completed in two phases ::

1.Preliminary exam
2.Main exam.

1.Preliminary exam::It is common for all students and is of objective types .

Paper 1 : (200 marks) - Duration : Two hrs.
Paper II: (200 marks) – Duration : Two hrs

2.Main exam::

It consist of written exam and the personal interview .Written exam consist of following papers :

1. Essay type Indian Language Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
6. Optional subject-II(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)

Eligibility ::

The interested candidates should have passed their graduation in any streams from recognized college

You should be above 21 and below 30 years .Relaxation in upper age is given to reserved caste students .

For SC/ST -5 years
For OBC - 3 years .

Number of attempts ::

No of times the general students can apply for the exam is 4 ,SC/ST unlimited times and OBC 7 times .

Important dates ::

Date of Notification::04.02.2012
Last date for receipt for application:: 05.03.2012
Date of Preliminary Examination ::20.05.2012
Date of main examination ::05.10.2012

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/can-i-appear-ias-exam-having-completed-graduation-economics-psychology-572424.html#ixzz1jQyF8Jim
20th January 2012, 09:42 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
NO, problem if you complete the graduation with any stream you are eligible for I.A.S exam.

I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream fron recginiced university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

ALL THE BEST!
27th January 2012, 11:13 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI,
You can appear in I.A.S exam after graduation:-

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age should be in between 21-30 year. For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 20 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
10th February 2012, 10:24 AM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

Main exam consist of written exam and the personal interview .Written exam consist of following papers :1. Essay type Indian Language Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
6. Optional subject-II(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)The interested candidates should have passed their graduation in any streams from recognized college
24th February 2012, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

Is i am eligible for IAS Exam with self study?
24th February 2012, 11:18 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
Yes you can appear for the IAS exam no doubt about that, the who are completed their graduation with any subject the candidates are eligible for this IAS.
Also who are pass outs of the current year is also eligible for IAS.
Minimum age limit for this is 21 to 30years, the candidates should compulsary an indian.

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?