12th May 2015, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in JEE Advanced 2015 if not qualified in JEE Main?

Got more than 75%. In Bihar board 2015 intermediate not qualified on jee main 2015 am I eligible for jee advance 2015

12th May 2015, 07:29 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in JEE Advanced 2015 if not qualified in JEE Main?

Absolutely No, I am sorry to say that you are not at all eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2015 Examination if not qualified in JEE Main 2015 Examination. You must definitely meet the following Eligibility Criteria, "Candidates must be among the top 1,50,000 (including all category students) in JEE Main 2015 examination." Generally there are several criterion's to be met in order to be eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced 2015 Examination. Since you have failed in meeting the first criterion itself, I am once again sorry to say that you are not eligible. There is no relation with percentage obtained in 12th Class in order to be eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced 2015 Exam. There are total of 2 attempts available, so I Suggest you to prepare very well for JEE Mains 2016 Examination. As there are only two attempts, JEE Advanced Examination must be either your first attempt or the second consecutive attempt.
12th May 2015, 08:12 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible to apply for the Advance examination 2015. The JEE examination is conducted by the CBSE every year.

The examination is conducted in two stages as :-
JEE Mains.
JEE Advance.

The eligibility criteria for the JEE Mains examination are:-
* Candidates who have passed or pursuing 12th from any recognised board are eligible.
* Candidates must have PCM as main subject in 12th.
* Candidates can only attempt 3times .

The eligibility for the Advance examination is candidate who have qualified in the JEE Mains examination are only eligible. Candidates passed JEE Main in another year cannot apply directly for the Advance next year.

Examination for JEE is conducted in online as well as offline based.

For more information visit at www.cbse.nic.in. The notification for the same is available from November and the examination is conducted in the month of April.
12th May 2015, 09:08 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

IIT JEE stands for Indian institute of technology joint Entrance Exam.

This examination is conducted once in a year for admitting students to B.E or B.Tech courses in top engineering institutes in India.

It is conducted by Indian institute of technology in two phases namely

JEE mains
JEE advanced

Only those who have passed higher secondary examination with atleast 60 percentage can apply for JEE mains examination. You must have done the qualifying examination with PCM subjects as compulsory subjects.

Those who have passed JEE mains can apply for JEE advanced level.

If you have qualified JEE mains, you can apply for counselling at national institute of technology.

So, without qualifying JEE mains, you are not applicable for JEE advanced.
12th May 2015, 09:12 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible for the JEE Advance examination 1015 if you have not qualified in the JEE Mains conducted on 4th April 2015. The examination is conduced by the CBSE. The results for the JEE Mains declard on 27th April 2015.

The cut off marks for different category candidates is different for General it is 105, OBC 70 marks , SC -50 and ST - 45 marks out of 360 marks. Those candidates who have scored greater than or equal to the cut off marks of their category are eligible for the Advance 2015.

Candidates qualifying Adcance examination will get chance to pursue their B.tech course from the India's best institute for technical course.

The rank list are prepared on the basis of JEE Mains score and board results.

So I will suggest you to go for preparation of one year if you have attempted less than 3 times. Candidate qualify in the Mains but does not in the Advance are given the chance to get admission in the NIT.

For more query visit at our page or log on to www.cbse.nic.in.
12th May 2015, 09:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Got more than 75%. In Bihar board 2015 intermediate not qualified on jee main 2015 am I eligible for jee advance 2015
Yes, you are eligible for JEE Advanced 2015 exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Advance exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category.

You can apply consecutive three time in JEE Advance exam.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?