4th May 2015, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for JEE Advance 2015 if not qualified in JEE Main?

I am not qualified in jee main 2015 but have got more than 75% in 12th board exam 2015 am I eligible for jee advance 2015

4th May 2015, 01:40 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for JEE Advance 2015 if not qualified in JEE Main?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am not qualified in jee main 2015 but have got more than 75% in 12th board exam 2015 am I eligible for jee advance 2015
No, you are not eligible for JEE Advance 2015 exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Advance exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You must have JEE Mains score.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
4th May 2015, 08:40 AM
Studynrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is a whole system procedure for the exam
First you need to get 75% and above marks in 12th which you have got
After that you need to have Passed Jee mains and than only you can think about Jee advanced.
Jee advances means is only that after passing your mains exam now the competition will be between those qualified in mains.
4th May 2015, 11:02 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for the Joint Entrance Exam. It has two stages JEE Mains and JEE Advanced.

The eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced:

1. You must be among top 1,50,000 candidates including all categories who appeared for JEE Mains 2015.

2. You must be born on or after October 1, 1990 if belonging to General or OBC category and born on October 1, 1985 if belonging to SC/ST or PWD category.

3. A candidate can attempt JEE Advanced only two times consecutively. So it should be your first or second attempt.

So, if you have not qualified in JEE Mains then there is no possibility to appear for the Joint Entrance exam Advanced stage. You can only appear for this stage if you clear the JEE Mains and your rank is among top 1,50,000 candidates including all categories.
4th May 2015, 12:37 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

You can not apply for the JEE Advanced exam if you have not passed in the JEE Mains exam because only the candidates who have qualified in the JEE Mains can apply for the JEE advanced.

Eligibility criteria for J.E.E. is -

>> Candidate to be passed in 12th class with minimum 60% marks with Physics,
Chemistry and mathematics can apply.

>> Candidate should be passed in the JEE Mains to apply for the Advanced exam.

>> Candidates have passed in the Mains and Advanced must be passed in all three subjects in entrance in Math, Physics and Chemistry are eligible to go for I.I.T. institutes.
4th May 2015, 12:39 PM
pjgp

sorry dude,
you are not eligible for JEE Advanced examination as you are not qualified in the JEE Mains.The minimum marks that are required for the JEE mains examination is 80 out 200.Marks if you want to really do your B.Tech in IIT's then join for long term and then apply for the JEE main examination for the next year.
all the best dude
4th May 2015, 03:04 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible for the Advance examination . JEE stands for Joint Entrance examination and it is conducted by CBSE to get admission in various engineering colleges to pursue in different stream .

The examination is conducted in two stages as JEE Mains and Advance . The eligibility for Mains examination is :-
* Candidates who have passed or pursuing 12th from a recognised board are eligible. Candidates must have PCM as main group in 12th . There are maximum three attempts for this taking in consideration of first year as year of appearing in the board examination and next two years .

The examination is of 360 marks and 90 questions in which 30 are asked from each of Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics .

The cut off released by the CBSE is different for different category candidates for the Mains .

Only those candidates whose score is above or equal to the cut off their category are eligible for the Advance examination .

So you have to wait for the next year to appear in the Advance after qualifying the Mains examination .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?