28th May 2013, 09:26 PM
Hirak moni

Can I apply for CDSE after passing 12th class with 60% in PCM?

I an 12th class passed with PCM-60% and PCB-68%. Can i apply for CDSE or any other defense exam?

3rd June 2013, 08:14 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CDSE after passing 12th class with 60% in PCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirak moni View Post
I an 12th class passed with PCM-60% and PCB-68%. Can i apply for CDSE or any other defense exam?
CDS stands for Combined Defence Service . UPSC Conduct CDS Examination for twice in a year .

If you have completed graduation degree then you are applicable for CDS exam.Because the minimum Qualification is required for CDS exam is Graduate .

As per your Query i have discussed about the age criteria.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

But you have not completed Graduation degree so you are applicable only NDA exam .

NDA stand for National Defence Service Exam.This exam is conduct twice time in a year. NDA Examination is conducted in 3 wings:-Indian Air Force , Indian Navy and Indian Army .

The candidate must have a complete the 12th from a recognized university Or equivalent qualification are applicable for NDA exam.There is no percentage criteria for the candidate.But you must have minimum marks in 12th standard .

The candidate age should between 16.5 years to 19 years.There is no age relaxation for Sc/ST candidate . Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. You must have Citizenship of India.

The selection procedure for NDA exam is 1) Written Test. 2) Personal Interview.

For more about NDA exam , you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in
3rd June 2013, 02:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

12th pass in not the right qualification for CDS examination. You have to study further to become eligible for CDS examination.

If you are 12th pass and your age is between 16.5 to 19 years then apply for NDA examination.

The minimum Qualification for CDS exam is Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University.

So get admission into a Graduation from a good college and start your preparation for CDS examination along with the Graduation. You can join coaching or even study by yourself by taking help from study materials and related books.

Age Limit for CDS exam:

Indian Naval Academy - 19 to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy - 19 to 23 years

Indian Military Academy - 19 to 24 years

Officers' Training Academy - 19 to 25 years

Examination Pattern:

-Objective Type Test

-SSB Interview

-Medical Test

The marks in the Objective test and SSB will decide the merit for selection into the academy.

Those who are medically fit will be given clearance for selection.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd June 2013, 06:06 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirak moni View Post
After completing 12th examination , you are not eligible to apply for CDSE examination but you are eligible to apply for NDA Examination . CDS Examination is graduate level entry examination and NDA Examination is intermediate level examination . So you can not eligible to apply for graduate level examination . For information i am provide the all details about CDS Examination . First see the eligibility criteria for CDS Examination .

~~For Air force and Naval Academy :: You must have qualified your graduate degree with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in their examination from a recognized University and even studying in the final semester of degree course may also eligible to apply .

~~For OTA and IMA :: You must have qualified your graduate degree with any discipline from a recognized University and even studying in the final semester of degree course may also eligible to apply .

Age limits ::
  • IMA :: 19-24 yrs .
  • OTA :: 19-25 yrs .
  • Naval :: 19-22 yrs.
  • Air force :: 19-23 yrs .

So only graduate candidates are eligible to apply for this examination , intermediate candidates are not eligible to apply . But you can join Defence through NDA Examination .

NDA Examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year as namely NDA I and NDA II . The application forms are received only online mode and there is no offline application forms .

National Defence Academy Exam dates ::
  • Date of Notification :: 04.05.13
  • Last date for receipt of application :: 03.06.13
  • Date of examination :: 11.08.13

~~You must have a finished 12th exam with any recognized board .

~~Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects while applying the post of Indian Air force or Indian Naval Academy Examination .

~~Studying in the final year of 12th exam may also eligible to apply .

~~Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this examination .

~~Must have a minimum 16.5 years and maximum 19 years .
5th June 2014, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

I have just passed 12th from commerce by 72% and I want to crack CDS exam . for than I want to go for coaching classes. I want to ask that when I can join the coaching, they said that its too early .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?