29th March 2014, 09:50 AM
ranehimanshu

How to apply in merchant navy after passing 12th in PCM

hi.... I am just clear a 12 th class in PCM & i want to apply in the merchent navy so please tell me the procedure how can i apply in this.
E-mail ID - [email protected]
himanshu rane

14th May 2015, 03:13 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply in merchant navy after passing 12th in PCM

Yes you are eligible to join merchant Navy on your educational qualification. For this you have to go through the entrance examination conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. The examination is conducted to provide a better opportunity to the candidates who see there future in the Defence service in any of three wings to serve the country.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and application for the NDA I and NDA II are available in the month of January and July and examination for the same is conducted in the April and September respectively. So you have missed the NDA I.

The eligibility criteria for the examination is :-
*Candidates pursuing or passed the 10+2 from a recognized board.
*Candidates must have Physics and Mathematics as main subjects.
*Candidates age must be between 16.5-19 years.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. It is mandatory to qualify in each of them for final recruitment.
The written examination is of 900 marks and consists questions from Mathematics and General Ability. There are 120 questions of mathematics and 150 questions from General Ability. There are negative marking on each wrong answer.

If you qualifies in the written then go with a video available at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. for information of SSB procedure.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?