10th May 2011, 01:04 PM
rajinikanth9009

Can I apply for Civil Services after doing B.Tech through distance and 12th from AP?

i have completed my 10+2 in andhra pradesh and i done my btech in distance can i apply for civil services?

Related Questions:
  1. Study material for preparation for GATE exam? Any free online test series?
  2. Which types of books should be referred for Maths in IAS exam?
  3. Can I apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam after completing diploma in Electrical Engineering through distance?
  4. What should I top in class 11th to join Airport Custom officer
  5. Can I apply for Civil Services exam without graduation(after passing 12th)? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Which course will suit me to become a custom officer? I have completed B.Com
  7. List of distance education programs along with my B.E. which shall help in cracking Civil services examination?
  8. Courses to study in Graduation for pursuing Civil Services exam? Job opportunities after failing to achieve in Civil Services? -- [New]
  9. Am I eligible to appear for civil services?
  10. Can I do B.Tech course in distance after completing diploma?
  11. Any possibility to get a job in Civil Services or Defence services after passing B.Tech in ETC?
  12. Is it necessary to pursue B.Sc for making career in Civil Services?
  13. Am I eligible to attend group and civil services exam? I am pursuing degree in distance
  14. Job opportunities for Diploma Civil Engineer? List of distance colleges which offer B.Tech program?
  15. How to apply for B.E or B.Tech in Civil Engineering by Distance mode? Universities providing distance education for B.Tech in India?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for Civil Services exam being a B.A.(History) candidate and having gap of 4 years after 12th?
  17. List of Colleges offering B.Tech in Civil Engineering in Distance Learning? How can I apply for the Entrance Exam? What will be the fee structure for this course?
  18. Can I be eligible for Civils having completed Graduation in 7 years with 47%?
24th August 2011, 09:59 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Civil Services after doing B.Tech through distance and 12th from AP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinikanth9009 View Post
i have completed my 10+2 in andhra pradesh and i done my btech in distance can i apply for civil services?
Yes, You are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, To apply for this examination candidates must have completed his Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised University.

There is no minimum percentage is required to apply for this examination, Only passed in graduation is Sufficient to apply for this examination.

The examination was conducted by UPSC Every year and firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination and then you are eligible for Main examination.

So, after completing your B.tech course you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination. The Notification of this examination was published in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC Official website in the Month of February. This year examination was already completed and If you are Interested in this examination, then please apply for this examination next year i.e on February 2012.

>> So, If you have completed your Graduation OR appearing the Final year Graduate degree course then you are eligible to apply for this examination, But to apply for this examination your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

So, If you have completed your Graduation Then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination and for more information please visit the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
27th August 2011, 01:23 AM
AlkakeJen

Default Any good idea how to spend the weekend? :)

Hello Guys!

Any good idea from someone how to spend the weekend in KL? I am still enough new in time boring without friends.
Write me if you feel like,
1st September 2011, 01:01 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

Default Re: Can I apply for Civil Services after doing B.Tech through distance and 12th from AP?

Yes you are eligible to apply for the Civil service exam.The examination is conducted by the UPSC for the IAS,IPS and other civil service post .

Eligibility for the examination::

If you are applying for the civil service post then you must have passed your graduation in any streams.

There are some relaxation is number of attempts and upper age limit is given to the reserved caste students .

For general category

AGE criteria ::21 to 30 years
No of attempts allowed ::4 only

For OBC students ::

AGE criteria ::21 to 33 years
No of attempts allowed ::7 only

For SC/ST students ::

AGE criteria ::21 to 35 years
No of attempts allowed ::unlimited times .

Pattern of the examination ::The civil service exam is conducted in two phases ::

Preliminary exam:: This is of objective types and consist of two papers of 200 marks each .The duration of the examination is 2 hours each .

Main exam::Only those students who have cleared the written exam will be eligible for the main exam.It consist of two stages ::

Written exam:There will be total 9 papers of 2000 marks in the written exam.The candidates have to choose two optional subjects for the main exams.

Interview :After clearing the written exam there will be an interview which is taken by the the group of officer .
14th March 2012, 12:12 AM
ramandeep.2dec

Yes, you are eligible .
Minimum Educational Qualifications are:
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the
Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an
Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

Age :- 21 years to 35 years, age relaxation for reserved candidates as per Govt guide lines i.e 3 years in upper limit for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

No. of Attempts:- 4 for General , no limit for reserved categories.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?