14th December 2015, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CLAT 2016 if appearing for compartmental exam?

Sir , I will write my maths compartment exam in may 2016 , I am from CBSE board can you please tell me If i am eligible or not for CLAT 2016?
Sir plz Reply ASAP.

14th December 2015, 06:07 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CLAT 2016 if appearing for compartmental exam?

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. National Law University of India conduct this exam for LLB courses.

The eligibility criteria for this exam is that candidates must have passed 10+2 board exam with at least 45% for general and OBC candidates and 40% for SC/ST candidates.

As appearing candidates are allowed, you can apply while appearing for compartment exam but make sure your result of compartment exam is declared before that of CLAT exam.

Upper age limit for general is 20 years and for SC/ST candidates is 22 years.

Official website: http://www.clat.ac.in
14th December 2015, 11:08 AM
rituja mukherjee

You are not eligible to appear for CLAT untill and unless you have cleared your failed subject . In order to appear for CLAT it is essential to have secured at least 50% marks in +2 level from any recognised Board in India. If you are a compartmental student, if implies that all of your subject papers are not cleared, so that question of percentage of marks does not apply in this case. You can try next year when you have cleared all your subjects, also keep in mind the age criteria. Your age must not be more than 20years for General candidates and 22years for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
14th December 2015, 08:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can only appear for CLAT 2016 if you are confident of passing your class 12th on time. Hence, if you can get the certificate of passing from school before the counselling of CLAT then you can surely appear for it.

Normally, those who are appearing in class 12th are eligible for for CLAT. Hence, appearing is not a problem for you. The problem will start when there will be document verification.
15th December 2015, 08:41 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. This exam is conducted by National Law University of India for LLB courses.
Eligibility criteria:-
Candidate must have passed +2 with atleast 45% of marks and 40% for sc/st candidates.

While appearing for compartmental you have to be sure that you have to pass that exam before appearing for CLAT exam.
27th December 2016, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my maths compartment in July. Will there be any problems after I qualify CLAT?
4th May 2019, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

If someone fails in one main subject but the after involving that that marks also the person is getting more than 50% is he eligible for clat.
7th March 2020, 03:18 AM
Unregistered

If I got compartment in one subject class 12th then can i get law collage after passing in compartment exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?